ABF | ABF and the Teamsters agree to a "voluntary" 70hr/8 day

So back to my original post....I decided on monday I would no longer certify my logs because it asks me to certify them as true and correct....they are not true because I'm on a 60 hour log and this says 70, and I did NOT authorize a 34 hour reset...I was finally asked about it this morning and I told the supervisor my answer and he said he would relay it...I will keep everyone posted....

Think they will come back and put you out of service ?
Would not surprise me a bit.
I said I would keep you guys posted, but I decided I'm not going to quite yet, as the company I'm sure reads this and I don't want to tip my hand.....I will say this much, I was threatened with a letter over it....I will post more about it next week when things are clearer....as to putting me out of service, maybe, but that would be a bit disingenuous on their part since they gave me a second manifest and sent me back out after they knew I hadn't certified.....

that would be a bit disingenuous on their part since they gave me a second manifest and sent me back out after they knew I hadn't certified.....
That's because it was something benefited the company either busy or shorthanded. These city terminals don't care about laws or work rules but i can tell you from experience that they change their tune when you call the Fort....

That's because it was something benefited the company either busy or shorthanded. These city terminals don't care about laws or work rules but i can tell you from experience that they change their tune when you call the Fort....
I'm planning on emailing them. I have already emailed my two Senators about the ELD manufacturers and the trucking companies taking away a federally mandated right to not let us decide if we want to use a 34 hour reset....

I'm planning on emailing them. I have already emailed my two Senators about the ELD manufacturers and the trucking companies taking away a federally mandated right to not let us decide if we want to use a 34 hour reset....
Have you thought about just logging on duty over the weekend to break the 34hr restart? It would only take a few minutes and your hours would never reset….

I said I would keep you guys posted, but I decided I'm not going to quite yet, as the company I'm sure reads this and I don't want to tip my hand.....I will say this much, I was threatened with a letter over it....I will post more about it next week when things are clearer....as to putting me out of service, maybe, but that would be a bit disingenuous on their part since they gave me a second manifest and sent me back out after they knew I hadn't certified.....
This 34 hour restart seems to be affecting the city more than the road. This is the end of the second week using the 34 hour restart and nothing has changed for me except on Monday nights I have 70 hrs showing on my pda instead of 18 hrs under the 70/8 days. I can't/don't run more miles. I don't spend more time on the clock or have any extra via's.

This 34 hour restart seems to be affecting the city more than the road. This is the end of the second week using the 34 hour restart and nothing has changed for me except on Monday nights I have 70 hrs showing on my pda instead of 18 hrs under the 70/8 days. I can't/don't run more miles. I don't spend more time on the clock or have any extra via's.
It's by design...anyone who doesn't think that by next summer city guys will be working 65 to 70 hours is nuts...

They would never....lol. I can tell you when old school teamsters was up & running their were 3-5 IP addresses from Fort Smith on any given day, double that number contract time....
Mine resolves to Sherwood. But there are 14 data centers in the area between Little Rock and the Air Force Base that is capable of handling the packets to and from my particular machine.

Ultimately Richardson Texas is the backbone at level 3 and up.

Is 070 Houston? We definitely need more places doing that.....we also need people to email the Teamsters, because I was told that President O Brien requires them to call....I have received three calls from the Eastern Freight Director so far....he is probably getting sick of me, but if others voiced displeasure we might get some thing done here...

Is 070 Houston? We definitely need more places doing that.....we also need people to email the Teamsters, because I was told that President O Brien requires them to call....I have received three calls from the Eastern Freight Director so far....he is probably getting sick of me, but if others voiced displeasure we might get some thing done here...
070 is Dallas. 075 is Houston.

Hey Brothers and Sisters, wanted to give y'all the heads up. The road board at 070 is voting on whether to accept or reject the 34 hour restart this week. Wanted to pass this info on so you might be able to contact your locals and do the same.
A vote is symbolic but changes nothing. A 100% no vote will not change the new rule. You elected your union representatives. They don't need your approval to negotiate work rules. If membership got a vote on every detail, there would be no need for union reps.

A vote is symbolic but changes nothing. A 100% no vote will not change the new rule. You elected your union representatives. They don't need your approval to negotiate work rules. If membership got a vote on every detail, there would be no need for union reps.
Hey Blade before you comment maybe you should check the law....34 hour reset is driver discretion, the companies that make the ELDs and the trucking companies are coercing the drivers....and to your last sentence, there definitely was no need for you as a "union" rep...