ABF | ABF and the Teamsters agree to a "voluntary" 70hr/8 day

Local people will be able to go from 60 in 7 days to 70 in 8 with a mandatory restart if they volunteer to work an extra day. If they make this a mandatory thing in the next contract the only difference between a UE driver and a road driver will be how each is paid ( hourly vs mileage) and that a UE driver has to return to their home domicile every day. Good luck to all!
They would never hire another person to linehaul board again

Has anyone seen a hard copy of this agreement at any ABF terminal? I have read it on Facebook but no one I have spoken with has actually seen it posted.

But if it is true, my plan of attack is to never take 34 continuous hours off. How about after 24 hours off I log onto samsara and put 1 minute on duty reviewing safety material?

But I will be surprised if this agreement is true. Why would the union give the company this gift without asking for something in exchange? Especially this close to contract negotiations.
I have it posted in 094 it is true. We are the only company union or non union that doesn't have the 34 hour reset.

Ive had satellite call me messages after the 10th hour. Ive had dispatchers come out of the office and knock on my sleeping ass in Highland Chicago yard (FFE) at the tenth hour and 5 minutes. I had been there 6 hours since arrival and not rested yet. But according to their fancy computers I just had ten hours rest. Time to go.

I remember that morning knock. I swore at the suit standing on my fuel tank.

Made sure that I did not run out of there again or park on company yards again. I'll sleep in the bush.

But anything else like say court? You wont hear a word out of them until a week later you show up ready to work. No problem. Not a peep nothing. Amazing.

If the freight is so slow and the trucking not that critical anymore, the dispatch should just stay there and serve loads to those who show up ready to work. And fire those who fail to do so within 30 days. None of that rounding up drivers like parents rounding up the kids for to catch the school bus.

Once you eliminated the school bus from the problem and walked to school... there is no problem.

What do you mean "woke?" They are an institution that grinds bodies into an early grave to make a profit. That doesn't seem terribly woke.

That is exactly what woke companies like Apple and Nike do exploiting slave labor in China. Then you have the electric car industry using child labor to mine cobalt for their batteries in the Congo.

New guys that we hired 6 and 7 years ago were clueless as to how to do a recap. They worked at places that gave them 34 hour restarts and thought that in the next contract the Union should demand that the company give the drivers the 34 hour restart. I told him he was NON-union which he promptly denied. New guys don't understand that some of us want to work less and not more.

New guys that we hired 6 and 7 years ago were clueless as to how to do a recap. They worked at places that gave them 34 hour restarts and thought that in the next contract the Union should demand that the company give the drivers the 34 hour restart. I told him he was NON-union which he promptly denied. New guys don't understand that some of us want to work less and not moreone
New guys that we hired 6 and 7 years ago were clueless as to how to do a recap. They worked at places that gave them 34 hour restarts and thought that in the next contract the Union should demand that the company give the drivers the 34 hour restart. I told him he was NON-union which he promptly denied. New guys don't understand that some of us want to work less and not more.
One of the many reasons I retired, One of the Guys that came over from Old Yeller said "Union should quit making Pension payments and instead increase His hourly wage"