ABF | ABF Raises Rates 5.9%

Sighhh...I hate repeating myself....ABF & YRC is apples and oranges....one is about corporate greed, the other survival. YRC would not be open today if the concessions were not made....I KNOW THAT FOR FACT.....ABF voted no the last time and kept moving forward....now some skirt, instead of a suit comes after ya'll and some of you are running and hiding to vote yes? I hope not.

I will say it again....IF ABF VOTES YES FOR THIS CONTRACT, IN MARCH 2015, YRC WILL BE WAIVING YOUR CONTRACT IN OUR FACES AND PUSH FOR IT....YES, WE WOULD GET 8% BACK, BUT ABF AND YRCW WILL ALWAYS BE 7% BEHIND WHAT THE NMFA RATES SHOULD BE....WE WILL FOREVER BE BEHIND THE EIGHT BALL!

I AM LOOKING 2 to 5 YEARS DOWN THE ROAD WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ALL OF US....kk

We are definitely in disagreement here on some things. YRC went overboard on the givebacks and let management run amok with obscene pay packages and fresh new discounts to customers. In that respect the line was left go at YRC and it is now costing us (as I knew it would when it happened). I know that you are trying to help but, with all due respect, the last thing I need right now is one who gave it away telling me not to.

And nothumbleenough is right. You can wish and dream about your shiny new contract but I don't see it being as good as what they are trying to sell us.

We are definitely in disagreement here on some things. YRC went overboard on the givebacks and let management run amok with obscene pay packages and fresh new discounts to customers. In that respect the line was left go at YRC and it is now costing us (as I knew it would when it happened). I know that you are trying to help but, with all due respect, the last thing I need right now is one who gave it away telling me not to.

And nothumbleenough is right. You can wish and dream about your shiny new contract but I don't see it being as good as what they are trying to sell us.

That's right if YRC teamsters didn't give away the farm TWICE we won't be having this conversation. Funny how these guys now come over here and try to tell us how the vote. BYE BYE

We are definitely in disagreement here on some things. YRC went overboard on the givebacks and let management run amok with obscene pay packages and fresh new discounts to customers. In that respect the line was left go at YRC and it is now costing us (as I knew it would when it happened).

KK was actually supporting your position yet you chose to attack. That is what you do best. You attack any one who does not agree. You go as far as demanding their ouster from the site. You do this for a variety of reasons. One is because you are a yahoo. The other is because you are ignorant of facts relating to the YRC give-backs. Maybe you missed the post from the YRC teamster from 710 Chicago who voted no three times only to have his white paper shredded and his vote cast aside. Or the New Penn teamsters who their locals warned another no vote will mean you will be end-tailed behind YRC after New Penn is shut down.

Are there not any of you who do not blame YRC for your situation? Judy would have hammered you after the 2010 greatest victory of all time if she could. Yes, this is a good contract, as good as you're gonna get that is. A lot of this has to do with coming down to YRC's level. You, the ABF teamsters, the elite squad, the best by test and world champions living the dream would never stoop that low. Your dignity is on the line

the dream is over!!!

Sighhh...I hate repeating myself....ABF & YRC is apples and oranges....one is about corporate greed, the other survival. YRC would not be open today if the concessions were not made....I KNOW THAT FOR FACT.....ABF voted no the last time and kept moving forward....now some skirt, instead of a suit comes after ya'll and some of you are running and hiding to vote yes? I hope not.

I will say it again....IF ABF VOTES YES FOR THIS CONTRACT, IN MARCH 2015, YRC WILL BE WAIVING YOUR CONTRACT IN OUR FACES AND PUSH FOR IT....YES, WE WOULD GET 8% BACK, BUT ABF AND YRCW WILL ALWAYS BE 7% BEHIND WHAT THE NMFA RATES SHOULD BE....WE WILL FOREVER BE BEHIND THE EIGHT BALL!

Why didn't we look down the road when we voted to extend yrc contract to 2015? Sorry but YRCW killed the NMFA and hung ABF teamsters out to dry. We didn't need to go to 2015!

Why didn't we look down the road when we voted to extend yrc contract to 2015? Sorry but YRCW killed the NMFA and hung ABF teamsters out to dry. We didn't need to go to 2015!

I seem to remember something about a "me too" agreement.

I seem to remember something about a "me too" agreement.

There wasn't a "me too" to the mou that took yrc off the nmfa cycle. When the givebacks at yrc where ratified taking us to 2015 while ABF still expired in 2013, the nmfa was dead. YRC killed the decades old contract.

I will say it again....IF ABF VOTES YES FOR THIS CONTRACT, IN MARCH 2015, YRC WILL BE WAIVING YOUR CONTRACT IN OUR FACES AND PUSH FOR IT....WE WILL FOREVER BE BEHIND THE EIGHT BALL!

Do you think you're current contract's not being waved in our faces? All of a sudden you want to look 2 to 5 years down the road. I don't recall you arguing those points for us at ABF and apparently you didn't look too damn far down the road to see the second and third chapters of your give away book. I'm sorry but I do not and cannot see where you have room to speak on this right now.

KK I have a lot of respect for you and value your opinion.
Honestly this is not a dig or an attack but in the yrc givebacks you told us that the union and negotiators were telling us the truth and that we should believe them when making our decision.
What has changed?
The union and negotiators say this is the best deal that we are going to get.
Why not believe them now?

KK I have a lot of respect for you and value your opinion.
Honestly this is not a dig or an attack but in the yrc givebacks you told us that the union and negotiators were telling us the truth and that we should believe them when making our decision.
What has changed?
The union and negotiators say this is the best deal that we are going to get.
Why not believe them now?

The YRC deal was, and had to be done, or they would have gone out of business...period....I was, as the Sec/Treas of my Local, allowed to see the books....I had to sign a non-dis-closer agreement in order to do so....I was VERY shocked....and these book were not a bunch of BS, so don't go there ya'll.

ABF voted down the sames deal...at the time they were not in the same boat as YRC. I think ya'll said ABF lost $12M last year?....hell, at one time YRCW was loosing $3M PER DAY. I think ya'll said ABF lost $13M (?) in the first Q this year? YET, they bought Panther, and now when contract negotiations have come up, they show a loss?

There are too many other issues involved for people to make a good decision right now....when in doubt...vote it out. I just see so much down the road for the next 2-5 years for BOTH of us, and it ain't pretty....not trying to stir the pot, but something needs to be flushed....just my opinion, as I respect ya'll's....Oh, and did I mention I was the former BA for ABF & YRC Road?

So, I do see both sides of the argument here....just say'in.....KK

The YRC deal was, and had to be done, or they would have gone out of business...period....I was, as the Sec/Treas of my Local, allowed to see the books....I had to sign a non-dis-closer agreement in order to do so....I was VERY shocked....and these book were not a bunch of BS, so don't go there ya'll.

ABF voted down the sames deal...at the time they were not in the same boat as YRC. I think ya'll said ABF lost $12M last year?....hell, at one time YRCW was loosing $3M PER DAY. I think ya'll said ABF lost $13M (?) in the first Q this year? YET, they bought Panther, and now when contract negotiations have come up, they show a loss?

There are too many other issues involved for people to make a good decision right now....when in doubt...vote it out. I just see so much down the road for the next 2-5 years for BOTH of us, and it ain't pretty....not trying to stir the pot, but something needs to be flushed....just my opinion, as I respect ya'll's....Oh, and did I mention I was the former BA for ABF & YRC Road?

So, I do see both sides of the argument here....just say'in.....KK

KK with all due respect, seeing the books and understanding the books can be two entirely different things. Corporate books are for certified public accountants to decipher. If somebody with a point of view guided you thru your examination of the books I think maybe you see the books in a light that was intended for you to draw only one conclusion, not several conclusions that may have been drawn by cpa's. If the picture was that dire at that time ,how is it now they are in position to make an overture to purchase their chief union rival. How can they do that without re-opening the contract to make the sacrificing employees whole, first?

ABF top brass made a major gaff in 2008 by removing themselves from the NMFA contract negotiations with rival YRC and New Penn. ABF wanted it both ways, out of the NMFA but yet also entitled to concessions. That could be argued but then they took it to the courts to seek relief but the court failed to see it their way. ABF teamsters would not allow relief in the 2010 vote

Why would anybody with average logic think Ms McReynolds would allow their arch rival YRC and company to have a huge cost reduction package that was denied to her? One way or the other she will level the playing field. That's what she is paid to do. It's either your job or hers. I don't think she will lose her job.

And the fellow who didn't listen to his daughter that she was worried about daddy losing his job. Explain a-gain to her about the pretty lady who did not lie
:coffee1:

There wasn't a "me too" to the mou that took yrc off the nmfa cycle. When the givebacks at yrc where ratified taking us to 2015 while ABF still expired in 2013, the nmfa was dead. YRC killed the decades old contract.

Never said there was a "me too" with the MOU, that would be untrue.

The ABF "me too" occurred with the 2008 contract, which was passed, somehow, without ANY hesitation from the 'companies."

THAT, is what brought suspicion to the forefront. The members of the "two man" committees were taken aback that this was a contract that both could live with.

The "company" was aware of the financial problems at that time, but was at the mercy of the financiers.

There is no similarity between the status of YRC at that time and the status of ABF now.

I will agree, that YRC had influence on the degradation of the contract, but the times were the nail in the coffin. Without a broad range of contributors, there is no possibility of survival of the "Multi-Employer Pension Plan." How could it possibly continue with two contributors. That does not fit the definition of "multi."

As a result, the bargaining power of the few remaining brothers and sisters is diluted to the point of extinction.

KK with all due respect, seeing the books and understanding the books can be two entirely different things. Corporate books are for certified public accountants to decipher. If somebody with a point of view guided you thru your examination of the books I think maybe you see the books in a light that was intended for you to draw only one conclusion, not several conclusions that may have been drawn by cpa's. If the picture was that dire at that time ,how is it now they are in position to make an overture to purchase their chief union rival. How can they do that without re-opening the contract to make the sacrificing employees whole, first?

With all due respect...I WAS THERE....you did not see what I saw....if you did, we would not be having this discussion..I have enough financial background to read a balance sheet.....believe me....KK

With all due respect...I WAS THERE....you did not see what I saw....if you did, we would not be having this discussion..I have enough financial background to read a balance sheet.....believe me....KK

KK that's exactly my point. "You saw what they showed you".How much background is enough to read a balance sheet? People at Enron where buying in under the advice of extremely compitant professionals. You had to know someone on the inside to get Bernie Madoff to take you on as an investor. I think we could turn this around by asking if Bernie Madoff could hook a set of doubles. I mean no disrespect I just don't trust what corporations feed average workers.

You keep saying that the company is profitable. So no you can't read a balance sheet.

KK that's exactly my point. "You saw what they showed you".How much background is enough to read a balance sheet? People at Enron where buying in under the advice of extremely compitant professionals. You had to know someone on the inside to get Bernie Madoff to take you on as an investor. I think we could turn this around by asking if Bernie Madoff could hook a set of doubles. I mean no disrespect I just don't trust what corporations feed average workers.

Thats why pencils have erasers!!

You keep saying that the company is profitable. So no you can't read a balance sheet.

The last 2Q showed a profit....don't know what you were reading.....I wish I could give more details on what i saw, but I am not getting into trouble with the SEC for nobody!.....KK

The last 2Q showed a profit....don't know what you were reading.....I wish I could give more details on what i saw, but I am not getting into trouble with the SEC for nobody!.....KK

I fail to see how reporting on what one has seen could be cause for trouble with the SEC, perhaps you could help me understand.