ABF | ABF Raises Rates 5.9%

The last 2Q showed a profit....don't know what you were reading.....I wish I could give more details on what i saw, but I am not getting into trouble with the SEC for nobody!.....KK

Yrcw LOST 21.4 million last quarter or $2.93 per share. And they enjoyed a big bump in income from the continued sale of everything that isn't nailed down. Eventually they will be out of things to sell. Sorry for the little dose of reality

I fail to see how reporting on what one has seen could be cause for trouble with the SEC, perhaps you could help me understand.

Will be glad too....If you are privileged to see the forensic audit of a public company and sign a non-disclosure agreement and you know great things (or bad) may be in its future, and you run out the door and buy shares of that company (OR SELL) for profit (OR to shield yourself from loss) that is called insider trading, and the SEC will bust your ass and you can wind up like Martha Stewart....therefore I remain silent!.....KK

Yrcw LOST 21.4 million last quarter or $2.93 per share. And they enjoyed a big bump in income from the continued sale of everything that isn't nailed down. Eventually they will be out of things to sell. Sorry for the little dose of reality

That is well documented in the report as for as YRCF goes, but the other units made money....bottom line, they are stream lining and cutting the fat to the bone and will come out as a leaner operating company....the investors and shareholders are happy after the last 2Q.....that is why the stock price is going up....they can see the light at the end of the tunnel....and for once in 6 years, it ain't a train coming at you.....don't be so negative....KK

That is well documented in the report as for as YRCF goes, but the other units made money....bottom line, they are stream lining and cutting the fat to the bone and will come out as a leaner operating company....the investors and shareholders are happy after the last 2Q.....that is why the stock price is going up....they can see the light at the end of the tunnel....and for once in 6 years, it ain't a train coming at you.....don't be so negative....KK
If this comtract is passed it may derail the train a bit that what i thiink your so concerned about....

I fail to see how reporting on what one has seen could be cause for trouble with the SEC, perhaps you could help me understand.
Will be glad too....If you are privileged to see the forensic audit of a public company and sign a non-disclosure agreement and you know great things (or bad) may be in its future, and you run out the door and buy shares of that company (OR SELL) for profit (OR to shield yourself from loss) that is called insider trading, and the SEC will bust your ass and you can wind up like Martha Stewart....therefore I remain silent!.....KK
You crack me up. I'll give you credit for understanding what insider trading is and its repercussions but talking about what you saw and trading stocks on insider information are two different things. I doubt very much that the SEC would have any problem with you spilling the beans on what you saw. However, if you signed a confidentiality statement with the company and agreed to keep a secret that would be another story but not an SEC violation.

If this comtract is passed it may derail the train a bit that what i thiink your so concerned about....
I would say that's probably the case. However, I don't recall him being concerned about their MOU's and the subsequent rate cutting derailing our train.

You crack me up. I'll give you credit for understanding what insider trading is and its repercussions but talking about what you saw and trading stocks on insider information are two different things. I doubt very much that the SEC would have any problem with you spilling the beans on what you saw. However, if you signed a confidentiality statement with the company and agreed to keep a secret that would be another story but not an SEC violation.

Sorry....but you are dead wrong on that issue..it is stock manipulation.....it is a SEC violation....KK

I would agree that stock manipulation would be an SEC violation but have trouble buying that talking about a company's books during concessions negotiations would qualify. And there is another thing I am curious about. YRCW is a public company and is supposed to be transparent. So, what could be seen that all should not see? Additionally, if a company is in dire straits and needs union employees' concessions it is only fit and proper for the company to share all pertinent information with the rank and file so they can understand how severe the problem is (or is not). If during contract negotiations the employers says, "I cannot afford what they (the union) are asking for", it triggers a requirement that management open the books for union examination to determine if it is fact or fiction. I would be suspicious if a union rep looked at the books and said, "They need economic relief but I can't tell you what or why", they must be hiding something.

I would agree that stock manipulation would be an SEC violation but have trouble buying that talking about a company's books during concessions negotiations would qualify. And there is another thing I am curious about. YRCW is a public company and is supposed to be transparent. So, what could be seen that all should not see? Additionally, if a company is in dire straits and needs union employees' concessions it is only fit and proper for the company to share all pertinent information with the rank and file so they can understand how severe the problem is (or is not). If during contract negotiations the employers says, "I cannot afford what they (the union) are asking for", it triggers a requirement that management open the books for union examination to determine if it is fact or fiction. I would be suspicious if a union rep looked at the books and said, "They need economic relief but I can't tell you what or why", they must be hiding something.

Excellent post