FedEx Freight | Abysmal morale on the Orlando hub

Tell that to a UPS driver next time you see one.
Word on the street the contract they voted in ****ed the pension.

Betcha if you listed the companies that offer pensions, it'd be a mostly union only/public sector list. I'll get more out of retirement with the extra match myself than I would've if I kept with the pension, but I'm also in my 30s and maxing out contributions to my 401, putting money in a roth, have a small individual investment account and put towards a savings account weekly.

Last edited:
I don't know the exact details, from what I was being told by friends is the new contract upped the pay and decreased pension contributions to offset.

Maybe @Steward of the Rock could enlighten us
My understanding of the T-Force pension is that their new contract froze the current contribution/payout rate with increased contributions/payout in the fourth and fifth year of their new contract. Here is the current language.

IMG_2180.md.png

That's T-Force and has nothing to do with UPS. My question was referring to the comment made about UPS's contract.
I'll assume nothing about it has been weakened.

That's T-Force and has nothing to do with UPS. My question was referring to the comment made about UPS's contract.
I'll assume nothing about it has been weakened.

UPS is the exception, not the rule. I believe they fund their own pension, but most paid into a fund. Saying pensions aren't dead because UPS is successful is disingenuous and misleading. It ignores the butch lewis act and the fact that most pensions were almost solvent not that long ago and they're only funded until 2055.

Word on the street the contract they voted in ****ed the pension.

Betcha if you listed the companies that offer pensions, it'd be a mostly union only/public sector list. I'll get more out of retirement with the extra match myself than I would've if I kept with the pension, but I'm also in my 30s and maxing out contributions to my 401, putting money in a roth, have a small individual investment account and put towards a savings account weekly.

Yeah but there is a big difference in saving your own money in a 401k vs a defined pension that's based off years worked. Be nice to have both, but who am I kidding we work for fed ex. :lmao::biglaugh: