FedEx Freight | Aging workforce

It’s a big WTF starting your pickup & it says -22. But, I’m up & ready, how bad can it be:censored:

Edit: Not the time of year to watch Jamie Davis or 401 marathons

Geriatric millennial here…

My generation and the years after me get a bad rap for some reason, I don’t understand. I’ve worked with more boomers who were “entitled“ by far. Worked with a bunch of gen x’ers who thought they were special too.

“these kids blah blah blah.” Who raised the ones who are turds? The boomers and gen x’ers did.

If you look on the road and in the truck stops more and more foreigners are getting into to trucking. Ive seen them come into Estes terminal driving for covenant who hauls some of loads for some reason. At ant rate usually one of them can speak english but a lot of these folks i don't know where they are from or what language they are speaking but they are getting trucking jobs left and right.

If you look on the road and in the truck stops more and more foreigners are getting into to trucking. Ive seen them come into Estes terminal driving for covenant who hauls some of loads for some reason. At ant rate usually one of them can speak english but a lot of these folks i don't know where they are from or what language they are speaking but they are getting trucking jobs left and right.
History repeating itself, recent immigrants taking jobs we didn't want.

Agree , at the least the ones coming across the border are wanting to work ! We have a big furniture & chicken & farm & beet & potato industries in the area and they are 75% Hispanic workers that want to work , while lazy young kids sit in parents basements playing video games and in there 30 & 40's !! Sad what America is becoming .....................................:Biden1:

Agree , at the least the ones coming across the border are wanting to work ! We have a big furniture & chicken & farm & beet & potato industries in the area and they are 75% Hispanic workers that want to work , while lazy young kids sit in parents basements playing video games and in there 30 & 40's !! Sad what America is becoming .....................................:Biden1:
True, but a lot these places are not paying the immigrants like they would Americans. Seen happen to the construction industry. They have immigrants working for near half what they were paying Americans and eventually they would have 1 American supervisor over a crew oh immigrants. African Americans used to get near $20 an hour and the hispanics come in and did the job for $10-$12 and over a period of about 10 years the African Americans were replaced. Some of these big trucking companies are paying new drivers in the upper 30 cents per mile range. I wouldn't want to do this for that either. Some kind of change is coming and it's probably not for the better either. Us old folks need to be prepared for some tough time ahead. I don't think most of us will be able to retire and just sit around and watch tv in our lazy chair. We can't blame it all on the younger generation either. We hold some of the responsibility. What did we say well im working all the time its not my problem. Im guilty to, and now look at us.

Geriatric millennial here…

My generation and the years after me get a bad rap for some reason, I don’t understand. I’ve worked with more boomers who were “entitled“ by far. Worked with a bunch of gen x’ers who thought they were special too.

“these kids blah blah blah.” Who raised the ones who are turds? The boomers and gen x’ers did.
Thinking the boomers got coddled a bit by their parents. Parents that lived thru the Depression. Fought in WW2. If I had to persevere those 15 years, I might have been a little softer to my own.

Then those boomers came of age during the 60’s when society began accepting deviant behavior. Been downhill since then IMO.

It took me a long time to look that far back and see the change. My parents were so strict. Their parents were even worse strict. I grew up in a land of no with just the basics provided post divorce. Canned goods, picked farm produce and so on before going home to have dinner cheaply. Sun burnt and all. For a period of time I hated the sight of the old Hubers Farms Road Tables in the Gunpowder valley. Too many heat strokes.

My generation loosened up very seriously into the 70's and we went wild. Then the Aids time showed up and those were excluded. Then the rainbow people showed up among the girls in school first who did not know what to do after they caught a boy. The boys became unruly when they cannot catch a girl. Fleas and all.

I see trucking as the Saving Grace. No college for me. No pensions either. That started to go overseas with the jobs. Baltimore Harbor in those days was heavy industry, ship yards, Pepsi, Dominos and everything with big money for Union too. I was offered that. Harbor was paved under and then rebuilt with Harborplace complex etc.

That went bust two years ago. Its going to be torn down in 2024. For what? Condos and Towers. For those with money. For those growing up with aint nutting will live violent illegal lives protecting their corner. What a waste.

If I had children... they would already given themselves over to hedonism and sinful ways and not listen to me. So its worth it not to have any at all. The little bastards.

I can see myself playing the role of a very onery nursing home resident chasing to catch a nurse in the halls. Its fortunate that they will be 400 pounds, oversize and lumber along slow enough for the electric chair to oh wait...

I saw an what looked like an Indian couple today in a big truck on the shoulder of interstate they put their blinker on and immediately came onto to the interstate and went across 2 lanes at 20 mph while the people in personal vehicles hit their brakes to keep from hitting them. I drove up beside them and just shook my head. I don't know if that's how they drive where they come from but at some point they are going to get somebody killed or injured.

TikTok brains will rule this world soon. This country is screwed when it comes to manual trade skils. All the girls want to shake their asses on a camera and make millions and the guys want to be gaming stars. America should offer free trade school training or this country will be over in 20 yrs