TForce | All posts seem so grim,& depressing lately?

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
Can't we find anything good about who we are?
Where we work,and live?
If you have your health you've got it made.
All the money in the world can't buy good health.
Working for UPS Freight may have its down falls,as we've all been posting since the rebranding.
But aren't there also good things about our company we can post?

How about all the trucking companies that have gone out of business over the last 16 years since deregulation.
We don't see UPS going that route.

Compared to a lot of jobs even jobs that require a college degree we aren't making that bad of a wage.

So there you go with all the negatives we can find heres two positives I've just posted.
We are with a company that is as secure as can be given our slow economy,and we are getting paid enough so we won't have to worry about us,and our families staring to death.
Anyone else got anyother ideas to be greatful for during this christmas season?

Yeah, I'm on the right side of the grass. Seriously, I am thankful for family, friends, my health & actually just about everything in my life. I apologize if I sound too happy :tongue0015: Merry Christmas everyone.

Well thanks for that positive post Roadrunner73.
We are off to a good start.
How long do you think this thread will last?
I know there must still be some good come backs that can be added.

It didn't take very long to turn this thread toward the union.
Well if this is the case.
What in your opinion can the Teamsters do to make our lives better?
Keep in mind that every thing that you think the union can do has to be negociated into a contract,voted on by all envolved parties,than signed into being with the blessings of UPS.

All ideas to improve our working lives won't be automaticly granted,every issue has to be bargained for.
Also while I'm at it I think this thread should be moved to the union-non-union thread if this is the route its going in?

Who but you sad anything about union?

Maybe rusty had his animals get out at home and he's anxiously awaiting their return.:hysterical:

Here's another positive post, next two weeks I only have a two day week (at 40 hours plus holidays) and then its back to my three day trip at 54 hours of pay.

Life is good, Foxwoods on Christmas Day in the high roller suite with Gretchen and a jacuzzi......and maybe some wine and candles.

Merry Merry and a Happy Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the only union I'll be talking about will be happening under water

Here's another positive post, next two weeks I only have a two day week (at 40 hours plus holidays) and then its back to my three day trip at 54 hours of pay.

Life is good, Foxwoods on Christmas Day in the high roller suite with Gretchen and a jacuzzi......and maybe some wine and candles.

Merry Merry and a Happy Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the only union I'll be talking about will be happening under water
Will you go into overtime?:hysterical: Enjoy your union at the woods and good luck on the slots.

Can't we find anything good about who we are?
Where we work,and live?
If you have your health you've got it made.
All the money in the world can't buy good health.
Working for UPS Freight may have its down falls,as we've all been posting since the rebranding.
But aren't there also good things about our company we can post?

How about all the trucking companies that have gone out of business over the last 16 years since deregulation.
We don't see UPS going that route.

Compared to a lot of jobs even jobs that require a college degree we aren't making that bad of a wage.

So there you go with all the negatives we can find heres two positives I've just posted.
We are with a company that is as secure as can be given our slow economy,and we are getting paid enough so we won't have to worry about us,and our families staring to death.
Anyone else got anyother ideas to be greatful for during this christmas season?

Hey Apo,
Yeah,I was thinking the other day that I am thankful that we have a lot more job security as UPS Freight than we would have had as an Independent Overnite. I will quote another post on another board that I saw..."Ultimately,our customers sign our paychecks,not the union,nor the company". I think that we sometimes forget that if not for the customer,none of us would be able to gripe about the company. I am very positive about the future as UPSF as a company that will be around in the future.:grinning-smiley-021

Well, they don't have to totally pay for my insurance but I would be a little more positive if they didn't raise it like they will in JAN.

But I think that that might be one of the reasons that they stepped up the parity date for Motor Cargo employees.

Well, they don't have to totally pay for my insurance but I would be a little more positive if they didn't raise it like they will in JAN.

But I think that that might be one of the reasons that they stepped up the parity date for Motor Cargo employees.

They aren't paying very much for the BC/BS insurance. I pay for most of it myself. Still glad to be part of a GLOBAL company rather than a NATIONAL company.

I was talking to an Old D driver the other day. Top pay is .46xx something, delay is 7.50 an hr AFTER 4 hours. Point is that all companies have something to gripe about. I like it here so far. I feel its an upper end LTL compnay and I could do worse. Sorry, but I got nothin serious enough worth griping over.

No matter where you work or who you work for a person can and usually always want something better out of their job.

No matter where you work or who you work for a person can and usually always want something better out of their job.

you could tell a man you would pay him full salary to stay home, and all he would have to do is come in and pick up his check and he would complain about having to pick it up..the way of the truck driver..

you could tell a man you would pay him full salary to stay home, and all he would have to do is come in and pick up his check and he would complain about having to pick it up..the way of the truck driver..

You should not want to pick up your check, This would be taking work away from the postal employee's.:hysterical: