TForce | All posts seem so grim,& depressing lately?

Steve,certainly you must realize that we DO have more job security now than before ? In the future,the small outfits will not be able to compete with the conglomerates,unless they serve a niche market.

Man on the world scale I can see your point....But the being able to hang at the in "in your terminal level" is where that gets skewed.....The guys below me are lucky to work at all.....I am really trying to look at the long run and think where we will all be in a year or two but the short run here makes me nervous.....

And in it all I see how shallow I am....People are doing the same job I am for a whole lot less....Or not working at all...So for today my life is great and I do make good money and I am very thankful for that.....And I will do my best to deal with tomorrow when it gets here....WOW that was way too much deap thought for one day......

Hope you all get what you want and need for Christmas.......

Man on the world scale I can see your point....But the being able to hang at the in "in your terminal level" is where that gets skewed.....The guys below me are lucky to work at all.....I am really trying to look at the long run and think where we will all be in a year or two but the short run here makes me nervous.....

And in it all I see how shallow I am....People are doing the same job I am for a whole lot less....Or not working at all...So for today my life is great and I do make good money and I am very thankful for that.....And I will do my best to deal with tomorrow when it gets here....WOW that was way too much deap thought for one day......

I agree greezy...I forget some times that I work at a large barn and can REALLY sympathize for the folks that are trying to hang in ....

WOW, I was very touched by your post. The Holiday spirit must have taken over for the moment. Please don't disappoint me again like this.:hysterical: Have a great holiday season.

Its kind of nice having the truckingboards to do all of our whinning,and crying to our co-workers,and our LTL trucking peer group.
We can do it with handles,so no one really knows who we are.

Except for me,and my honesty that got me in a real jam with my own TM.
Its hard for me to believe he reads the truckingboards?
But I think I'm on the same page with him now.
At least I hope so.
I really would much rather work with any of my authority figures in harmony,instead of being enemys.

But I'm saying here that I'm very happy we all have this forum to say what we feel,good,or bad,its all good when someone can learn,or be helped with all of our lifes experiences.

I hope everyone one reading the truckingboards,including webidiot,and all the moderators,and Jeff the owner had a very happy,and safe Christmas day.

May we all also have a very happy healthy,safe and prosperous new year .

This is a note from me Apostolic to all of the UPS workers.
Just 5 more days till 2007.
We all will have new,adventures,challenges,opportunities,to do our best to help UPS grow their business.
The future is ours if we have a positive attitude we will succeed.

Its kind of nice having the truckingboards to do all of our whinning,and crying to our co-workers,and our LTL trucking peer group.
We can do it with handles,so no one really knows who we are.

Except for me,and my honesty that got me in a real jam with my own TM.
Its hard for me to believe he reads the truckingboards?
But I think I'm on the same page with him now.
At least I hope so.
I really would much rather work with any of my authority figures in harmony,instead of being enemys.

But I'm saying here that I'm very happy we all have this forum to say what we feel,good,or bad,its all good when someone can learn,or be helped with all of our lifes experiences.

I hope everyone one reading the truckingboards,including webidiot,and all the moderators,and Jeff the owner had a very happy,and safe Christmas day.

May we all also have a very happy healthy,safe and prosperous new year .

This is a note from me Apostolic to all of the UPS workers.
Just 5 more days till 2007.
We all will have new,adventures,challenges,opportunities,to do our best to help UPS grow their business.
The future is ours if we have a positive attitude we will succeed.

Apo, I am a second generation employee for this here company. Good,bad,or ugly.....the money made from "O" and UPSF have kept me and my family fat and satisfied for almost 30 years. I don't know where it will take me,but,I am sure that in five years time...a majority of us will see changes for the positive at UPSF. There will be bumps along the way and flared tempers to boot. Still, I am feeling pretty secure that my job will still be there for a while. Merry Christmas(not x-mas):smilie_132:

WOW mr.breeze my hats off to you for being with our company that long.
I've got 20 years,and 5 months so far.
We've both seen a lot working here already.
From one man that founded the company than being sold to the railroad,the three yearTeamster strike,being spun off on our own to public traded stock.
Now UPS.
Anyone thats stuck it out all that time must have the faith that we are going in the right direction.
So mr.breeze will we be seeing your picture in the company magazine anytime soon for completing your 30th year?
I'm sure it will have your real name under it,not your truckingboard handle.
Heres my congrats in advance for making that milestone.

WOW mr.breeze my hats off to you for being with our company that long.
I've got 20 years,and 5 months so far.
We've both seen a lot working here already.
From one man that founded the company than being sold to the railroad,the three yearTeamster strike,being spun off on our own to public traded stock.
Now UPS.
Anyone thats stuck it out all that time must have the faith that we are going in the right direction.
So mr.breeze will we be seeing your picture in the company magazine anytime soon for completing your 30th year?
I'm sure it will have your real name under it,not your truckingboard handle.
Heres my congrats in advance for making that milestone.

apo...you misunderstood my post...my family have been employed with "o" for almost thirty years....not me personally. I am a second generation employee. My Dad retired with 20,my brother has a long way to go with 24 years,and then there is me I have been at UPSF for six. I grew up at "o" ,and I wish I could have started here when I got out of high school like my brother did. Was not able to due to a nepitism rule that was in place from the late eighties. This is not my first trucking job,but,I hope it will be my last as I am getting too old to start over again. The trucking business is hard to get away from,I know because I tried once. I think it was just bred into me.I do have faith that UPSF will be around for a long time.Like I said,it has kept my family fat and satisfied for almost 30 years. My pop still thinks Harwood walked on water. He was a shrewd business man.

Ok sir I'm sorry I didn't get where you were coming from?
I know how you feel about trucking.
I got my start working as a trash hauler.
The trade joke was a dollar a day,and all you can eat.(YUK) your right how crude.
I went to a warehouse that made deliveries,than a driver of plumbing,and heating supplies.
Got my first Teamster LTL city driving job in 1966.
I was a furniture hauler in between LTL freight jobs which I really hated.
Now here I am going on 44 years as a trucker,40 years in the city still doing freight.
I'm with you I have diesel flowing in my vains.
Trucking has been very good to me over these many years.
I always tell everyone thats not a driver,that my job is a no brainer.
What do you need to know?
How to shift the gears,and aim it,how hard is that?

I always tell everyone thats not a driver,that my job is a no brainer.
What do you need to know?
How to shift the gears,and aim it,how hard is that?

You're not giving yourself enough credit. You have learned many things in 40 yrs that make you better at your job. Its easy to you but I guarantee you could peddle your route twice as fast as it would take me. And I know how to drive. Yeah its an easy job once you get the hang of it but so are a thousand others that also pay well. An inexperienced carpenter could frame a house but it would show. So too would the difference between you and a fresh grad show, even though he would eventually finish the job. Sorry if I sound corny but there is alot of things we have learned and practiced that we couldnt do in the beginning which we now take for granted. Think of your most nightmarish dock on your route. Or a road guy with an empty set in the snow. Hell even something simple as hooking a set. How many of you can back a hooked set in a hole with any accuracy? (not me, but I'm still trying!):1036316054: Be proud drivers! OK I'm way past corny now and I'll put the soapbox away. Just trying to lighten up this board, look for the positives! :smilie_132:

Point taken REVITUP.
Yes I'm very happy being a UPS Freight P & D driver.
I have found many keys to doing my job very well over my long trucking career.
One main key to being a city driver is getting a long with people.
We city drivers have to be face to face with the shipping,and receiving departments of all of our customers.
We have to learn how to work with them,so we can get in,and out as soon as we can.
If your a city driver,and you can master this,you'll make your day go by faster as well as having these people look forward to seeing you everytime you have some deallings with their business.
There is a few other things that are good to know as well,but this is the main one,that I've learned over the years.

Point taken REVITUP.
Yes I'm very happy being a UPS Freight P & D driver.
I have found many keys to doing my job very well over my long trucking career.
One main key to being a city driver is getting a long with people.
We city drivers have to be face to face with the shipping,and receiving departments of all of our customers.
We have to learn how to work with them,so we can get in,and out as soon as we can.
If your a city driver,and you can master this,you'll make your day go by faster as well as having these people look forward to seeing you everytime you have some deallings with their business.
There is a few other things that are good to know as well,but this is the main one,that I've learned over the years.

When I was a peddle driver I had some hot lookin' women that made my day go faster ! Not so in line-haul. Truck stop clerks....BLECK

I agree with you Apo, I'm very happy with my job as a road driver at UPS Freight! I've always been a RDDR, I did some p&d and dock work when I first started at "O". I do give the p&d drivers alot of credit, I just couldn't handle all of the pressure trying to make all of the drops and picks in unfamiliar territory!! I guess when you learned an area pretty well it would be alot easier!