TForce | And so a new era is upon us.

Crumudgeon

Guru of the Gobblydeguk Constitutionalist
PREMIUM
Credits
Rumors, observations, opinions. Lets share what we hear, what we think, what we see, what we hope. Keep it civil, no names..

Seems like there will be not much change in management for the time being. Hopefully this is just a transitional thing and the worst will be identified and purged.
Uniforms. 5 shirts 1 hat, a jacket to be sent later. Pants of your choice as long as they are "inoffensive", and worn at the waist.
1200 new tractors, some arriving within 90 days.
Goals for productivity will be set, and met or, "we will find someone who can". Damages will be reduced and people held responsible will be "dealt" with.
Managers will be allowed to retire if eligible and continue to work for TFI. No word on Union people as of yet.

Anything else I hear I shall post.

Production standards have to be negotiated. The company will continue to hemorrhage money as long as the same book cooking D-bags are left in power. The company needs a massive management enema from the CEO in Richmond all the way down to the part-time dock stupidvisor. You don’t buy a company that you believe has been run poorly and leave the management in place. The employees are way overworked and continuously threatened with termination if they don’t work seven days a week in some locations. There is only so much abuse a human can tolerate before they throw in the towel, no matter how much money they make. CURRENT UPS FREIGHT MANAGEMENT IS VERY ABUSIVE !

Production standards have to be negotiated. The company will continue to hemorrhage money as long as the same book cooking D-bags are left in power. The company needs a massive management enema from the CEO in Richmond all the way down to the part-time dock stupidvisor. You don’t buy a company that you believe has been run poorly and leave the management in place. The employees are way overworked and continuously threatened with termination if they don’t work seven days a week in some locations. There is only so much abuse a human can tolerate before they throw in the towel, no matter how much money they make. CURRENT UPS FREIGHT MANAGEMENT IS VERY ABUSIVE !
I agree, but it looks like that won't be happening at least not in the short term.
The ones that created this mess are now scrambling to distance themselves and somehow be part of the solution that they created.
IMHO TFI just needs interim management to operate a large Company and hopefully will look at individuals as we mature as a Company.
If I was a Youtube watching, stock trading, phone addict supervisor that wouldn't get out of the chair if my nuts were on fire I would be concerned.
If TFI would listen to one thing I have to say is your frontline people know how to do it, let us succeed.

I agree, but it looks like that won't be happening at least not in the short term.
The ones that created this mess are now scrambling to distance themselves and somehow be part of the solution that they created.
IMHO TFI just needs interim management to operate a large Company and hopefully will look at individuals as we mature as a Company.
If I was a Youtube watching, stock trading, phone addict supervisor that wouldn't get out of the chair if my nuts were on fire I would be concerned.
If TFI would listen to one thing I have to say is your frontline people know how to do it, let us succeed.
For any company to succeed they have to have LEADERS not just managers. Leaders listen to the troops & then make decisions, managers TALK cause they already know everything. If a Mgr can't take care of what the Leader puts in place he (mgr) is the problem. Best of luck to you brothers.

Last edited:
For any company to succeed they have to have LEADERS not just managers. Leaders listen to the troops & then make decisions, managers TALK cause they already know everything. If a Mgr can't take care of what the Leader puts in place he (mgr) is the problem. Best of luck to you brothers.
Absolutely... Lead by example. I've had supervisors tell me during grievance inquiries "the rules are for you, not us".
Lets adopt a why did it happen, not who did it mindset.
Put a few of us in a position to be heard by the upper level managers. A seat at the table if you will.
Spend as much time working within our contract as they do around it and all will fall into place.

Seems like there will be not much change in management for the time being. Hopefully this is just a transitional thing and the worst will be identified and purged.
Uniforms. 5 shirts 1 hat, a jacket to be sent later. Pants of your choice as long as they are "inoffensive", and worn at the waist.
1200 new tractors, some arriving within 90 days.
Goals for productivity will be set, and met or, "we will find someone who can". Damages will be reduced and people held responsible will be "dealt" with.
Managers will be allowed to retire if eligible and continue to work for TFI. No word on Union people as of yet.

Anything else I hear I shall post.
1200 tractors would be 6 per terminal. They desperately need to get on top of this. If they are keeping all the UPSF equipment, they might keep the trucks under 10yrs old and scrap the rest to start. As for trailers, I wonder if they are going back to parcel or the paint shop?
One thing I know is that you don't spend $800M and wing it. They have a plan. Seeing how mismanaged this place is, that plan is going to take time. TFI knows how to make money with everything they own.

1200 tractors would be 6 per terminal. They desperately need to get on top of this. If they are keeping all the UPSF equipment, they might keep the trucks under 10yrs old and scrap the rest to start. As for trailers, I wonder if they are going back to parcel or the paint shop?
One thing I know is that you don't spend $800M and wing it. They have a plan. Seeing how mismanaged this place is, that plan is going to take time. TFI knows how to make money with everything they own.
Sounds like 1200 is only the beginning. TFI is shocked by our maintenance, look for a major focus on the shops. Hopefully waiting a week for wiper blades is soon over.
As far as rebranding, they have 2 years to complete it. The new trucks are all white, and I saw a decal that covers the UPS shield on the brown tractors. The sketch of the trailers are a simple T-Force logo near the front. Oldest and most problematic have priority. We shall see.

Last edited:
Well then they need to go for it strike call their bluff the pension will not be cut!
Sounds like it will be frozen when UPS steps away and TFI will start anew resulting in a split payment when the time comes. Not much info on this as of yet. But sounds like a PITA...

Sounds like 1200 is only the beginning. TFI is shocked by our maintenance, look for a major focus on the shops. Hopefully waiting a week for wiper blades is soon over.
As far as rebranding, they have 2 years to complete it. The new trucks are all white, and I saw a decal that covers the UPS shield on the brown tractors. The sketch of the trailers are a simple T-Force logo near the front. Oldest and most problematic have priority. We shall see.
Two years to rebrand? UPS was still rebranding us 15 years later!

Sounds like it will be frozen when UPS steps away and TFI will start anew resulting in a split payment when the time comes. Not much info on this as of yet. But sounds like a PITA...
All current formulas and payments are in the contract until 2023. Only then can anything happen to the pension.

I wouldn't worry about production quotas. Those are for management.
Are you saying there will be no uniform pants at all? So we can wear street clothes below the waste?

I wouldn't worry about production quotas. Those are for management.
Are you saying there will be no uniform pants at all? So we can wear street clothes below the waste?
Correct. They say it would cost about $2 million dollars to buy pants, money better spent on. "getting us out of the mess we are In".
As far as production, IMHO that was directed toward Terminal level management. Read- There's a new Sheriff in town.

Last edited: