TForce | And so a new era is upon us.

All current formulas and payments are in the contract until 2023. Only then can anything happen to the pension.
Agreed. The issue will be a split pension, UPS will cease contributions on 4/30, TFI will start contributions at that time, into their own fund, creating 2 separate accounts.

Correct. They say it would cost about $2 million dollars to buy pants, money better spent on. "getting us out of the mess we are In".
As far as production, IMHO that was directed toward Terminal level management. Read- There's a new Sheriff in town.
Back in the day, most companies only supplied a few shirts if any. I totally agree that we need to climb out of the quagmire first. Uniforms don't deliver freight, equipment does.

Agreed. The issue will be a split pension, UPS will cease contributions on 4/30, TFI will start contributions at that time, into their own fund, creating 2 separate accounts.
If the pension is stopped in 2023. All employees will become 100% vested and either be given the option of a lump sum payout(every financial advisor says take that) or an annuity to pay you your monthly payment when you retire.

Our TM said to our number one city guy today he was told on conference call he could retire from Ups freight and continue working for TFI as long as he filled paperwork out before the acquisition. Any insight on this?

If the pension is stopped in 2023. All employees will become 100% vested and either be given the option of a lump sum payout(every financial advisor says take that) or an annuity to pay you your monthly payment when you retire.
Or you could donate that lump sum to (The Poor Ole Orphan's Foundation)
For further info on this or most any other matter, contact me at BR549

Our TM said to our number one city guy today he was told on conference call he could retire from Ups freight and continue working for TFI as long as he filled paperwork out before the acquisition. Any insight on this?
Most terminal managers are clueless. My union rep said that is not gonna happen.

Management and non-represented clerical have that option. Still no word on Union positions.

I called that number. The ‘music on hold’ was Dueling Banjos. Then, some doof named Junior Samples picked up the phone. He said: “Can I...HEP....you?”
That was Potatohead on the banjo, he broke a guitar string.
I've told Junior, leave the phone calls to Donna.

MC/OVNT equipment, you just can't make this **** up!

Why does this shock you? We have those go thru our yard frequently. One was in one of our doors today.

This is why i suggested we just go back to Overnite----it would be cheaper this way since we have so many overnite trailers that were never rebranded......

Why does this shock you? We have those go thru our yard frequently. One was in one of our doors today.

This is why i suggested we just go back to Overnite----it would be cheaper this way since we have so many overnite trailers that were never rebranded......
Novel idea! What’s old is new again!