Yellow | Any of you bitter, disgruntled, Fork Freight Friday guys know anything about this?

Your name REAL Teamster tells me you believe in a days work for a days pay. A real teamster takes pride in not only being a Teamster but also takes pride in doing a job the right way. We expect the company to abide by the contract & unlike non union workers we have a process to 'Hold their feet to the fire'. I filed some grievances that I usually won but if I didn't I never destroyed company property trying to 'get even'.
Thank you, brother! When I was a Steward many years ago I filed grievances as needed, but I always tried to resolve an issue informally first. I usually succeeded. For those times when I didn't succeed, I have grievance forms, but only after I did a self-review to make sure I wasn't filing frivolous garbage. I only lost one grievance out of dozens filed. Best part was, the TM and I respected each other, so we could nearly always "make it work". Only when corporate started getting "cute" was there a problem (and the source of nearly all those dozens of grievances).
Yes, I expected my people to hold up their end of the bargain and strived to lead by good example. I told them as I will say now: "you can have all the job security language in a contract that you can fill the book with. If you want the best job security, keep the company healthy!"

Thank you, brother! When I was a Steward many years ago I filed grievances as needed, but I always tried to resolve an issue informally first. I usually succeeded. For those times when I didn't succeed, I have grievance forms, but only after I did a self-review to make sure I wasn't filing frivolous garbage. I only lost one grievance out of dozens filed. Best part was, the TM and I respected each other, so we could nearly always "make it work". Only when corporate started getting "cute" was there a problem (and the source of nearly all those dozens of grievances).
Yes, I expected my people to hold up their end of the bargain and strived to lead by good example. I told them as I will say now: "you can have all the job security language in a contract that you can fill the book with. If you want the best job security, keep the company healthy!"
We had a few lower level management types who had to be 'trained' also.

Are your blades long enough? 🙄
F3238-15ft-Eyelet-Forks-003.jpg
YES , mine are 15% longer , so I can move 15% more skids daily , I can Load a 53" Trailer full of Beets in 15 minutes flat and it scales prefect too !!

:1036316054:

At least 33% ;) Per the NMFA management can't do zip about it if they can't prove they were damaging freight purposely.

Fork a $15,000 SubZero refrigerator while operating at an OR of 98 and you have to haul $750,000 of freight revenue to pay for that freight claim.
Leave freight on dock because it makes load average look bad every night and move empty trailer. How long to recapture that? Remember every coin has two sides, management makes bad decisions that cost as much or more.

Your name REAL Teamster tells me you believe in a days work for a days pay. A real teamster takes pride in not only being a Teamster but also takes pride in doing a job the right way. We expect the company to abide by the contract & unlike non union workers we have a process to 'Hold their feet to the fire'. I filed some grievances that I usually won but if I didn't I never destroyed company property trying to 'get even'.
I trained Orientation in Chicago Heights for Roadway. One of the things I made clear to everyone was anyone who vandalized equipment was NO TEAMSTER. Therefore, was NO Brother or Sister of mine. If I observed that behavior, I would meet with my BA to discuss a proper response.