Yellow | Anyone know about this?

If this is real which terminals might Next Century be operating?
And will they be treating Yellow applicants as the rest of LTL has?

Here's a story with something like what I posted.

Politics: It's this second deal that's being supported, at least in principle, by a chorus of U.S. senators, including Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), Roger Marshall (R-Kan.), and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

• Each signed public letters asking Treasury to extend the maturity date of the CARES Act loan to Yellow, although it remains unclear if Treasury has the legal right to do so.
Wait, what? The political argument is that Sarah Amico, the exec chair of Jack Cooper and a former U.S. Senate candidate in Georgia, could rehire thousands of Teamsters union truckers and others who lost their jobs when Yellow shut down. Moreover, doing so would be in keeping with the spirit of the original loan.

• The risk, of course, is that this is pulling defeat from the jaws of victory for U.S. taxpayers, particularly given that Jack Cooper itself filed for bankruptcy in 2019 before restructuring.

Here's a story with something like what I posted.

Politics: It's this second deal that's being supported, at least in principle, by a chorus of U.S. senators, including Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), Roger Marshall (R-Kan.), and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

• Each signed public letters asking Treasury to extend the maturity date of the CARES Act loan to Yellow, although it remains unclear if Treasury has the legal right to do so.
Wait, what? The political argument is that Sarah Amico, the exec chair of Jack Cooper and a former U.S. Senate candidate in Georgia, could rehire thousands of Teamsters union truckers and others who lost their jobs when Yellow shut down. Moreover, doing so would be in keeping with the spirit of the original loan.

• The risk, of course, is that this is pulling defeat from the jaws of victory for U.S. taxpayers, particularly given that Jack Cooper itself filed for bankruptcy in 2019 before restructuring
The loan is paid back. Move on. Don't fall for these false flags. Some folks fall for this every time...
And never believe Axios...

Don’t have any interest in YRC anymore, but saw this, dated today.

If you look at the article "freight zippy" has already replied with his union hating...wonder who that is? 🤔

Don’t have any interest in YRC anymore, but saw this, dated today.

Well, if it could work out and put that many Teamsters back to work it certainly could be a good thing. Who knows though?
:idunno:

Id lean on the side of not getting my hopes up. It's been so long and a lot of their terminals and equipment is gone as well as customers. Just don't know if id trust any of this just to be let down again. The way all this was and has been handled is all suspicious when upper management got bonuses when a company was going under and in the end they crapped all over the drivers and dock workers as well as some of the office personnel. A lot of peoples time squandered with a company that seems truly didn't give a rip. I waited on a company for a long time when i got laid off from them with the hopes of getting rehired and after a year or so i realized it was time to move on and just put them in the past. Even if this was to materialize in some fashion i just don't see it being anywhere like Yellow. So not everybody would be hired back and then what exactly would you be doing? Not sure anymore really if any company really care about their employees or just the next penny they can put in their bank account. Just some of my thoughts.