XPO | Anyone know how these situations should work?

first off , i was told all time off has to go through G.O.

As far as the start time. You did not say if the 7AM guy was a flex dsr or bid dsr. In order to keep out organized labor,Con-way tries to follow seniority rules. Like it or not,if a senior dsr wants to turn down overtime, he may. Sometimes its not the most cost effective decision Con-way can make,but none the less it's the way an organized labor shop operates,and Con-way does make a little effort to run things that way. You may think its crappy, but trust me,i have been on both sides of this issue and as the saying goes "you will be old someday and understand then" rings true. If it does not make sense to you now, it will someday. Chances are that senior driver has done alot more work to get where he is at,even though it appears he has it made now. He may have been on the flex board several years and drove several years without power steering. You just never know the big picture until you step back and look at everything.

Have to stay

Seniority, start-time, whatever.....

You have to stay until the Sup. says that your job has been completed.
It sucks, but I would like that kind of O.T!

seniority

Seniority rules , like it or not. it counts for time off , it counts for bids,it counts for layoffs,it counts for saturday work, everything. yes, you will hear stories when it didnt count , and yes you will have supervisor's that don't go by the rules, but none the less, those are the rules. if a supervisor consistantly breaks the rules, all you have to do is go over his head.Con-way does not want a organized labor to come in and they will do what ever it takes to keep that from happening.
the beauty of the way it works now is all you have to do is go over your supervisor's head and it will be taken care of. if we had organized labor, then it would cost you $10 to $30 a week or more to belong,and you would have to fill out a grievance form and then there would be penalty pay involved and all sorts of mean and nasty things. now all you have to do go over someones head and let them know whats going on.