ABF | Arcbest® Announces First Quarter 2019 Results

And I have filed grievances because the company felt they have the...”right”....to force guys to work on holidays.

And I don’t mean guys starting a shift and working into a holiday.......I mean the company stating they have the....”right” .....to start your shift ON the holiday.....

Nothing voluntary about it........

Companies’ argument was:”Many guys work holidays.....”

Are holidays....”Holidays”? Are they.....voluntary,....or can the company....force ...you?
Well that was the other side of the coin. The money is nice when you start ABF. But then the lifestyle grinds you down.

And I have filed grievances because the company felt they have the...”right”....to force guys to work on holidays.

And I don’t mean guys starting a shift and working into a holiday.......I mean the company stating they have the....”right” .....to start your shift ON the holiday.....

Are holidays....”Holidays”? Are they.....voluntary,....or can the company....force ...you?

Over at OD all schedules are cancelled as of 2300 tonight, extra board is subject to run, but I volunteered today and I didn’t see much moving around the yard in ATL. It looked like we’ve got a crap ton of freight but I don’t think much of it is due freight, or so I gathered from dispatch. If that’s the case they won’t move it on the holiday unless absolutely necessary.

Over at OD all schedules are cancelled as of 2300 tonight, extra board is subject to run, but I volunteered today and I didn’t see much moving around the yard in ATL. It looked like we’ve got a crap ton of freight but I don’t think much of it is due freight, or so I gathered from dispatch. If that’s the case they won’t move it on the holiday unless absolutely necessary.
I'll be getting a call at 2201 for 0001. Ignorant bastards. Lol

If they call you on holiday tell them you are dropping a 24 hour off or you want use ato time when you came in. You have it why not use it. Hardly anyone uses ato time then they complain they never off.

If they call you on holiday tell them you are dropping a 24 hour off or you want use ato time when you came in. You have it why not use it. Hardly anyone uses ato time then they complain they never off.
Who doesn’t use ATO time? Bid guys I guess?

No road drivers in the small terminal I retired from. And ATO? Not sure what that is. We have five sick days that can be used at employee’s discretion in the JC#40 area.

We had a large UE presence, as our terminal was a NDXP . Company wanted guys to start work on July fourth evening in the middle of the week.....and New Years Eve....

Companie’s position was that if no one......”volunteered” ....to work on the holiday,....they could force from the bottom.
Not what contract says. My position is that a Holiday is just that......a Holiday. There is no “force” on a Holiday.

Company tried to fire me while I was on vacation, because as a steward, I had told guys they did NOT have to work on holidays,.....and, in fact, posted in the Union bulletin board, the contract provisions for holidays......No “force”......

Company said I was “promoting a work stoppage”.....and attempted to fire me.....

No road drivers in the small terminal I retired from. And ATO? Not sure what that is. We have five sick days that can be used at employee’s discretion in the JC#40 area.

We had a large UE presence, as our terminal was a NDXP . Company wanted guys to start work on July fourth evening in the middle of the week.....and New Years Eve....

Companie’s position was that if no one......”volunteered” ....to work on the holiday,....they could force from the bottom.
Not what contract says. My position is that a Holiday is just that......a Holiday. There is no “force” on a Holiday.

Company tried to fire me while I was on vacation, because as a steward, I had told guys they did NOT have to work on holidays,.....and, in fact, posted in the Union bulletin board, the contract provisions for holidays......No “force”......

Company said I was “promoting a work stoppage”.....and attempted to fire me.....
ATO stands for Authorized Time Off. It applies to working 6 trip earn 36 hours off plus 8 hours rest, and 12 trips earn 72 hours off plus 8 hours rest, and 18 trips, well you get the formula.