ABF | ArcBest Corporation (sm) Announces Its Fourth Quarter 2015 Earnings Conference Call

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5115

ArcBest Corporation (sm) Announces Its Fourth Quarter 2015 Earnings Conference Call
Wed January 6, 2016 12:20 PM|PR Newswire | About: ARCB

FORT SMITH, Ark., Jan. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- ArcBest Corporation (ARCB) will announce its fourth quarter 2015 results, prior to the opening of the market, on Wednesday, February 3, 2016. A conference call with company executives will be held that day at 9:30 a.m. ET (8:30 a.m. CT) to discuss these results. Interested parties are invited to listen by calling (800) 682-8593. Following the call, a recorded playback will be available through the end of the day on March 15, 2016. To listen to the playback, dial (800) 633-8284 or (402) 977-9140 (for international callers). The conference ID for the playback is 21802368.

http://seekingalpha.com/pr/15794316...-fourth-quarter-2015-earnings-conference-call
:wee:

I only did it because I wanted to make sure the executives knew how we feel. Seems like a lot of others felt the same way about that question...

I only did it because I wanted to make sure the executives knew how we feel. Seems like a lot of others felt the same way about that question...

We had a meeting on Friday & one of the topics was why don't we feel that upper management is making good decisions. That same day they had city drivers forced onto ur runs & we missed pick ups, who made that call?

We had a meeting on Friday & one of the topics was why don't we feel that upper management is making good decisions.
Upper management making good decisions? Ha, they've been dropping the ball for years. Imagine you have a TM who hates any driver who isn't under his desk. Then come on out and ask us to vote ourselves a pay cut? :hilarious: OK, so they finally catch on to the clod who they let buffalo them for years and they move him into sales. Not just any sales job but regional sales manager. Yep, a clown who couldn't sell hot chocolate to an Eskimo in Nome, Alaska gets handed regional manager's job and it takes TWO YEARS for the company to catch onto this one.:idunno: When the wool comes off from over their eyes they put him into a sales position where the customers already know him and the company loses even more freight. And as we peons watch this go on we're supposed to step up and give more for less? :hysterical: I don't think that what they need to know is taught in school I think it's intuitive and instinctive and that survey indicates that they are lacking.

I answered their survey because:

1. It was on company time......

2. You want me to vent? On company time?? About competency and honesty in upper management??? ESPECIALLY after the last contract fiasco,............and the other ongoing fiascos that we've filed grievances on where MORE imperious decisions were made by upper management with complete disregard for the employees involved,........and with the bumbling complacency of the IBT????.......Why , sure I'll fill out a survey,........and I'll sign it, too,......in case they haven't figured out who "CANARYINTHEMINE" is yet.....as I've been saying the same stuff on here since the contract got...."ratified".....

And,......lest anyone thinks I've got an inflated opinion,....of my opinions..........I can absolutely guarantee that management monitors this,....and other,....sites, so they probably have figured out who most of us are on here anyway. In my case, I want them to realize that I stand behind everything I've said on here, and other, sites,........and I would relish A face-to-face talk with any member of upper management who would take umbrage with my opinions,..........as I am sure many of us feel the same way.

You can tip-tap on the computer keys in the corporate headquarters all day long,.....but at the end of the day, you need some brutish slug to actually HANDLE some freight to make any money.......

So,......às I've asked a few upper management types that have been at our terminal,.......Do you regard your workforce as your greatest asset?......or your greatest cost?

We're the guys in the "skunk works"...........This company has become a vehicle to enrich the investors,.......It's merely incidental that we haul freight,.........I'll bet most upper management couldn't tell a glad-hand from a gearshift two tries out of three........

We're the guys in the "skunk works"...........This company has become a vehicle to enrich the investors,.......It's merely incidental that we haul freight,.........I'll bet most upper management couldn't tell a glad-hand from a gearshift two tries out of three........
Very true canary. Now this thing about 'minimum stops per driver' is taking shape. It just amazes me how out of touch the higher-ups are sometimes.

Very true canary. Now this thing about 'minimum stops per driver' is taking shape. It just amazes me how out of touch the higher-ups are sometimes.
I already do the minimum stops to honestly get a paycheck. How much lower do I have to go?

The higher-ups are deliberately out of touch. Why would they want to know all the gory details of how those profits are made? If they knew, and had a shred of conscious,...... They would be embarrassed to be paying us
so poorly,.......and cutting vacations, too.......

I have found that the minimum one can do and still keep their job is about 6 in an 8 hour day. I work, I work steady, and my work is reliable but don't push me, I do not like being pushed.

I already do the minimum stops to honestly get a paycheck. How much lower do I have to go?

The higher-ups are deliberately out of touch. Why would they want to know all the gory details of how those profits are made? If they knew, and had a shred of conscious,...... They would be embarrassed to be paying us
so poorly,.......and cutting vacations, too.......
Since when did ABF work on production?