ABF | Arcbest for sale?

I plan to work as much as my golf schedule will allow when I retire… wonder how much 18 holes a day will allow me
The golfers at my barn just wanted to play golf everyday when they retired. They would meet up and go chase the ball, but slowly the gang got less and less. They found out that golf is not cheap and that they could not afford to shell out their pension check to the golf links.
However they did come up with a great way to play daily.
They are now EMPLOYED at the courses and play for FREE.
Now they can drink beer and ride their fat butts in a cart.
$38 for 18 holes
Cart $20 a head for riders

Thank you Larry but next time read my post

I am asking about LTL or parcel carriers

I certainly do not count a 10 driver truckload operation as a big victory. I'll agree it is something but if the teamsters could not organize some of these companies they may be more pathetic than I believe they are.. We all know hoe poorly these companies treat employees.

Again, try naming a LTL or Parcel Carrier that the teamsters organized.

To make it interesting, for every LTL or parcel carrier you name, do you want me to make 5 teamster LTL carriers that failed??

Thank you Larry but next time read my post

I am asking about LTL or parcel carriers

I certainly do not count a 10 driver truckload operation as a big victory. I'll agree it is something but if the teamsters could not organize some of these companies they may be more pathetic than I believe they are.. We all know hoe poorly these companies treat employees.

Again, try naming a LTL or Parcel Carrier that the teamsters organized.

To make it interesting, for every LTL or parcel carrier you name, do you want me to make 5 teamster LTL carriers that failed??
You always state all the union LTL carriers closing, but you never acknowledge that with deregulation not as many are needed....there is no need for over 1000 ltl carriers is there? Also I was happy to see you acknowledge that truckload carriers treat employees like ::shit::.....you said "everybody knows"....there are two anti union guys on here that post a lot and don't....I applaud you for honesty on that point

You always state all the union LTL carriers closing, but you never acknowledge that with deregulation not as many are needed....there is no need for over 1000 ltl carriers is there? Also I was happy to see you acknowledge that truckload carriers treat employees like ::::shit::::.....you said "everybody knows"....there are two anti union guys on here that post a lot and don't....I applaud you for honesty on that point
And I thought the ole boy was making progress, I think 3 posts without a mention of the Teamsters and he falls from grace.
Maybe he is still searching for that nice bridge club.
I hope he will notice I didn't offend him by using Powder Puff.

You always state all the union LTL carriers closing, but you never acknowledge that with deregulation not as many are needed....there is no need for over 1000 ltl carriers is there?
What does that even mean? Not as many carriers or not as many union carriers? Or maybe it means, no need for union carriers at all. Yellow closed and the shelves were still full. Freight continued to move, and I heard of no shortage of goods and services available to the public. Why does deregulation mean fewer Teamster LTL workers? There are more people working in LTL now than in 1980, yet they choose not to be unionized. The Labor Relations Act of 1935 has not changed and neither has the right of employees to organize and bargain collectively.
The economics are simple and easy to understand. When costs continually exceed revenue, businesses fail. That is the story of unionized LTL trucking.