Yellow | Are they for real?

i post this up at 805 in santa rosa ca change some driver vote form yes to no . Just wanted to tell you thank you . Ps we are not even having a union meeting on this tells you what are b.a is like o yea he is are local pres. Also.
I pasted this off the same thread I posted at ********************. I certainly hope that this guy doesnt mid, but I wanted you all to see this

Are they for real?

In light of the newly proposed “agreement” between YRCW and our union. I am writing this not only to recommend, but PLEAD with you. Don’t even consider this proposal. VOTE NO! This union has negotiated for themselves once again. You should certainly not be happy with the simple fact that they would bring something like this to us for a vote. This agreement clearly benefits nobody but the company and the union. They are asking you to give up the basic principles our union was founded on. Give back things that our fathers and generations of our “brothers” fought for. It is OUR turn!!! Yours and mine, all of us. Stand up for yourself, stand up for your rights. Do you really want to work 100 years for a 25 year pension? Are you really going to give back in wages than received in raises over roughly the last 10 years? Are you really going to vote yourself into a position to watch inflation put you farther behind, for 4 more years? I BEG YOU NOT TO, VOTE NO!!! You stand to gain nothing if it passes. The time has arrived for the MEMBERS to be heard. It is time for us to tell our officials, “Although you are willing to tuck your tail, and give away all of OUR benefits, WE ARE NOT! Don’t you “brothers” want to retire someday? Or are we looking to work ourselves into a pine box? If you do want to retire, you should consider your future brother too. Just like our brothers before us, who fought for what you have now. You should not only want to keep those rights, but preserve them for future Teamster brothers. Don’t be fooled by Tyson Johnson’s statements. Are you not tired of YOUR union bringing the threat of “closed doors” to you? I thought they were supposed to be bargaining for US. PLEASE!!! If they won’t we have to. Let your voice be heard. STAND UP FOR YOURSELF! Don’t fold our union like a bunch of cowards. VOTE NO!!! Or blame yourselves for working into your 70’s or 80’s or later. Please keep in mind that I really only elaborated on 1 point here. Take a good look at what it is that they want you to give up (wages, vacation, and job assignments/categories)! EVERYTHING! I challenge you to find anything in this agreement that benefits YOU. Do any of you think that 25% of the benefits that we had are fair? Does anybody remember, “No more givebacks, this will make YRC a viable company, we need your help”, from a year and a half ago? Yet here we are again. DON’T BE A FOOL. VOTE NO!!! Don’t you think they will be back in 2015 with yet another web they weaved, asking for more from you? Or not wanting to contribute to your pension. Don’t you??? WE HAD BETTER STAND UP AND GET WHAT WE HAVE COMING, OR BLAME OURSELVES FOR THE CONSEQUENCES! VOTE NO!!! PLEASE!!! We will all benefit for it in the long run. Even if it is only to be able to say that we did not go to the poorhouse while the company and our union live the great life. You should pat yourself on the back for a job well done with a NO VOTE! Way to go. I think I have given you enough to think about, except for what you should vote, NO! Let me end this by saying that you can rest assured that you will not be the only one VOTING NO. I have faith in my brothers in Local 710 that we will vote this down. Look at the records, 3 chances for us to vote, at least. The results, majority NO. Way to go guys! This time you can all stand with us. I surely hope that you do.
AN ASHAMED (BUT STILL TRYING TO STAND UP FOR HIMSELF) TEAMSTER BROTHER
MARK THOMPSON MEMBER-LOCAL 710-CHICAGO
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GO THAT EXTRA MILE, AND SEND COPIES ALONG TO THE OTHER TERMINALS. ONCE AGAIN, TO OUR BENEFIT. THANKS.[/QUOTE

]Amen !!!!!!! And what about your dignity and self respect!!!!!!

To be honest, no I was not going to reply to that garbage. But...If this is the spotter I was talking to, I beleive his name was Steve("wildbean") this is the way I remember the conversation. "My name is Mark Thompson, I work at 309. I was wondering if you could tell me the sentiment around your dock concerning our proposed agreement?" Pretty much the same way I started at the other terminals I was at(gladly list them if you REALLY interested). Then I listened to what you had to say. I dont recall any bad-mouthing. You said "I am kinda torn right now, but we are not getting any info." I told you I was sorry to hear you felt that way, expreesed my feeling, and asked you if you would take the above posted letter and take a good look at what we are giving up before you vote. You took it, glad to see you read it, thanks. Is that not the way you remember it? Then, the car is a 2005 that I put over 1300 miles on spreading what I beleive to be right. Sooo...I think its road worthy. Gone are the days of riding the Harley, or riding with the top down of my 06 mustang. Thanks to the givebacks and layoffs(who knows when your turn may come). AND....obviously you are going to buy into this bs YRC is force feeding you. Is it because thay have on a button up shirt? Im a worker, going to see workers. I just got off at 8am and you were not my first stop that day. Had I know that if I prettied myself up, you would eat I big ::shit:: burger(like that proposal). I certainly would of done that, just for you. Anyway, I know I looked you in the face and told you how I feel. You looked me in the eye and told me you were torn and then attack me on the web. You are just the type of coward that I am talking about in that letter. There, does that make you feel any better? I replied to your bs. If this is not Steve, I apologize to you. Please, feel free to tell me who you are "wildbean" if I am misstaken with who I THINK you are. You know who I am. I am proudly standing up for what I believe.
Thompson...I'm not Steve. I just think your story is bs. AND i'll bet ya this whole thing passes 2 to 1! Wanna know why? Because i think anyone with half of a brain can see this job is replaceable if you try hard enough to find a different one. Vote no and hit the bread line....struggle...be bitter...WHATEVER! Vote yes and find another job while you STILL HAVE ONE! But to bash the teamsters cuz you got laid off? Maybe if you tools down there could move more than 1.5 bills an hour on the dock, yrc WOULD make money! Being a teamster is about MASTERING your craft and QUALITY work...not sticking it to the man, and trying to hose the company for a few extra hours for the harley payment. Being a teamster is the best friggin thing that's happened in my career. EVEN with the 15% paycut. I've been with YRC almost 12 years and still drive the same pickup i bought when i started. You're mad at the teamsters cuz you lost your harley? You were livin' high on the hog dude! Then the economy tanked...awwwww boohoohoo. OH RIGHT! The TEAMSTERS did it to you. Take the blinders off Thompson. Take your lumps the same way everybody else has and for GOD SAKE, stop blaming the union for this mess. It's a couple of drop n hooks. So what. At least a teamster is doing them.

Thompson...I'm not Steve. I just think your story is bs. AND i'll bet ya this whole thing passes 2 to 1! Wanna know why? Because i think anyone with half of a brain can see this job is replaceable if you try hard enough to find a different one. Vote no and hit the bread line....struggle...be bitter...WHATEVER! Vote yes and find another job while you STILL HAVE ONE! But to bash the teamsters cuz you got laid off? Maybe if you tools down there could move more than 1.5 bills an hour on the dock, yrc WOULD make money! Being a teamster is about MASTERING your craft and QUALITY work...not sticking it to the man, and trying to hose the company for a few extra hours for the harley payment. Being a teamster is the best friggin thing that's happened in my career. EVEN with the 15% paycut. I've been with YRC almost 12 years and still drive the same pickup i bought when i started. You're mad at the teamsters cuz you lost your harley? You were livin' high on the hog dude! Then the economy tanked...awwwww boohoohoo. OH RIGHT! The TEAMSTERS did it to you. Take the blinders off Thompson. Take your lumps the same way everybody else has and for GOD SAKE, stop blaming the union for this mess. It's a couple of drop n hooks. So what. At least a teamster is doing them.

Sounds like something a **** would say

If you think yrc is your only means of survival them you must have no self respect or dignity and your deserve to work for them . isn't it ironic that all you yes men work for a company called YELLOW ? Thats what you all are LoL

If you think yrc is your only means of survival them you must have no self respect or dignity and your deserve to work for them . isn't it ironic that all you yes men work for a company called YELLOW ? Thats what you all are LoL

I know you're a troll..LOL

Can you really afford to just give up what we have? I know I cant.

A no vote is giving up. A no vote likely puts YRCW into BK. A yes vote is fighting for a future. A yes vote is fighting for the possibility of something more later. A yes vote maintains your current standard of living and gives the company a chance to work the plan established by the union and the financial experts they have hired, to turn the company around.

I have heard others for years saying the union should own the company and make the decisions and we would all be better off. Well, this MOU puts the union in a position where they have dictated the terms of the restructuring because the company was unable to get it done with their two bites at the apple. A yes vote is fighting. A no vote is giving up.

A no vote is giving up. A no vote likely puts YRCW into BK. A yes vote is fighting for a future.

the company was unable to get it done with their two bites at the apple. A yes vote is fighting. A no vote is giving up.

Finally a yes voter that makes sence!! a "NO" vote is giving up!! Giving up on YRC!! and since the only ones voting yes are the ones that are scared, I doubt they would fight for anything, let alone fighting to stop YRC from busting the union before they fold.

:duh:
Finally a yes voter that makes sence!! a "NO" vote is giving up!! Giving up on YRC!! and since the only ones voting yes are the ones that are scared, I doubt they would fight for anything, let alone fighting to stop YRC from busting the union before they fold.

I hope that anyone with the slightest bit of common sense does not follow the advice of someone with the screen name of NO WAY NO HOW come on people get real why would anyone register with a name like that :duh:

let alone fighting to stop YRC from busting the union before they fold.

YRC won't have to. your no will do it for them. I can see the headlines now...

UNION MEMBERS REJECT CONCESSION VOTE, FORCING YRCW BANKRUPTCY; 30,000 TEAMSTERS LOSE THEIR JOBS AS TEAMSTERS FREIGHT DIVISION COLLAPSES

Good plan Forrest.

YRC won't have to. your no will do it for them. I can see the headlines now...

UNION MEMBERS REJECT CONCESSION VOTE, FORCING YRCW BANKRUPTCY; 30,000 TEAMSTERS LOSE THEIR JOBS AS TEAMSTERS FREIGHT DIVISION COLLAPSES

Good plan Forrest.
Ya know that made me think. That would make things a little easier for the Nurses, Bus drivers, Grocery workes come their contract time. Very good point. Is'nt that what the Teamsters is about....sacrifice for your Brother?

Ya know that made me think. That would make things a little easier for the Nurses, Bus drivers, Grocery workes come their contract time. Very good point. Is'nt that what the Teamsters is about....sacrifice for your Brother?

That was well put Wolf. but wouldn't it be sad if the yes voters won this thing and killed the union, and 6 months down the line they still closed there doors! then other company's would take this as a template to kill the unions in there company's.

I guess its going to take another stewardess strike to get any respect back for the unions!! so much for the BIG BAD TRUCK DRIVER!

A no vote is giving up. A no vote likely puts YRCW into BK. A yes vote is fighting for a future. A yes vote is fighting for the possibility of something more later. A yes vote maintains your current standard of living and gives the company a chance to work the plan established by the union and the financial experts they have hired, to turn the company around.

I have heard others for years saying the union should own the company and make the decisions and we would all be better off. Well, this MOU puts the union in a position where they have dictated the terms of the restructuring because the company was unable to get it done with their two bites at the apple. A yes vote is fighting. A no vote is giving up.

A yes vote the first time was supposed to be fighting for a future, fighting for the possibility of something more later.(we have stock with a strike price of $93.50).
A yes vote the second time was supposed to be fighting for a future, fighting for the possibility of something more later.(we have stock with a strike price of $12.00).
So now a yes vote the third time is supposed to do what??
A yes vote is giving up.......a no vote is fighting
As I have said before.......NOBODY wants this company to close. Just bargain in good faith.....Don't threaten......

If you are not steve you must be the spotter who stood behind the horse and was not interested in even walking to me. So where do you get off telling me what I said. Anyway I can see you have your own opinion, and you are going to stick to them. Ill give you credit for that. You stand up real well on the web. Another thing, I have fully prepared myself for what may come. The economy, the union, or YRC, had nothing to do with this. I no how and what I am willing to sacrifice. Dignity and self respect, and the fight for our brother(past and future) are not one of them. I am not bashing anyone, but you have to admit. That proposal sucks! The only thing that you will hold on to is paycheck. I just cannot see fighting for JUST a paycheck. If you do still have the same truck, I am sure you will be just fine too. Im not going to argue with you, back and forth, as I can see your mind is made up. I will ad this. Yellow was one of the better opportunities Ive had. I do not want them to close. I want you all to understand that. However, I cannot vote for giving up. This job was a great opportunity because of(in my opinion) pension, benes, and last of all a paycheck. There are other paychecks out there. There has to be an end in sight for me though. I do not want to work til I am dead, sorry. With your 12 years, with this new deal. You will only need another 52 years left til you can retire. Dont be foolish enough to think if they can shove it down our throuts this time, it will be gone forever. This is basically becoming our new contract. And again, If I am not correct with who you are, please, feel free to tell us all. You seem willing to yell you opinion loudly. But you are not willing to tell anyone who you are. Gotta wonder????????

Mark not only are you right you may be understated. Your reward for all these givebacks is to be treated like crap everyday. Im not sure what the people that think this is ok have been treated like, but ten years ago they could have given us 10 percent and we would have been treated better.

A yes vote the first time was supposed to be fighting for a future, fighting for the possibility of something more later.(we have stock with a strike price of $93.50).
and you are still here.
A yes vote the second time was supposed to be fighting for a future, fighting for the possibility of something more later.(we have stock with a strike price of $12.00).
and you are still here
So now a yes vote the third time is supposed to do what??
continue to provide you the opportunity so that you may be able to fight for a better future when this thing turns around.
A yes vote is giving up.......a no vote is fighting
As I have said before.......NOBODY wants this company to close. Just bargain in good faith.....Don't threaten......
What would you say if after voting no the company closed but they had never told you it would happen? If they tell you they are "threatening", if they don't tell you they are with holding information.

Did you Vote for Him?

i post this up at 805 in santa rosa ca change some driver vote form yes to no . Just wanted to tell you thank you . Ps we are not even having a union meeting on this tells you what are b.a is like o yea he is are local pres. Also.
I pasted this off the same thread I posted at ********************. I certainly hope that this guy doesnt mid, but I wanted you all to see this
Who Voted the People at this Local?
No Meeting on an Issue this important to Members!
Have you been as vocal at your Local as you are on here?
Are you running against Hoffa?
Or Tyson?
Or President of your Local?:LMAO: