Yellow | Are we that broke

Rodeo

TB Regular
Credits
TO: All Employees
SUBJECT: Please Read -- Action Required on Cost Control

CONTINUED EXPENSE CONTROL FOR ALL TERMINALS AND OFFICE:

As a reminder from my email dated December 14, we are still taking cost cutting measures until further notice. I attached the detail below from my previous email. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your Vice President.

There will be no new purchase orders, credit card charges, and other expenses for office supplies, janitorial cleaning supplies, computer accessories, dunnage and facility maintenance. If there is an emergency for a purchase, it must be approved by your Vice President.

Travel must be on a limited basis with a Vice President approval. The Traveler Program is the only exception and will continue as necessary. All team building events and/or team entertaining will be put on hold.

Deep cleaning at facilities that have not been completed will be pushed to Q2 ’23. If you have an approved AFE that requires expenses, please review and determine if we can hold off until Q2 ’23.

Temporary Ordering Process
  1. Ordering through Navigator – We have locked down Navigator access to all employees except Vice Presidents and Sr Vice Presidents. They are the only ones who can place orders.
  2. Ordering through Oracle – A banner will be placed on Oracle Procurement that states " "EFFECTIVE NOW: NO more purchases allowed unless with advanced written VP approval until further notice”. We will have all orders go into a queue before we process the order to make sure it has VP approval.

We will be monitoring these approved expenses on a daily basis so I appreciate your cooperation during this temporary hold on spending.

Melissa Tomlen
Senior Vice President, Strategy and Performance

It’s a bull ::shit:: show. They are thinking long term poor mouthing so they can ask for continued current contract extension. YRC or whatever they call themselves this week are experts at the scare tactic’s. There’s not a better set freight company than yellow with 13 years of concessions and government support. Get ready 2024 contract is coming. They sure are preparing.