Estes | Ashamed of Estes

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
Im dishearted with how Estes has handled this cyber attack. It has put hardships on its workers. Why not let some drivers haul what little freight you got and let the other drivers and any dock workers that aint working sign up for unemployment? We dont have billions like the Estes family. Working a day or two a week is not paying anything after they take out insurance etc. Estes dropped the ball on this. I know its not their fought for the cyber attack but at least take care of your workers. Damn this is hurting.

Was told by another person to draw unemployment you would have to be layed off and that you would probably lose your seniority in that case. So i guess its danged if you do or danged if you dont. Might have to start looking at other companies if Estes dont get this resolved in a timely manner. I have to take care of my family even if Estes cant take care of me. Time will tell.

Im dishearted with how Estes has handled this cyber attack. It has put hardships on its workers. Why not let some drivers haul what little freight you got and let the other drivers and any dock workers that aint working sign up for unemployment? We dont have billions like the Estes family. Working a day or two a week is not paying anything after they take out insurance etc. Estes dropped the ball on this. I know its not their fought for the cyber attack but at least take care of your workers. Damn this is hurting.
Was told by another person to draw unemployment you would have to be layed off and that you would probably lose your seniority in that case. So i guess its danged if you do or danged if you dont. Might have to start looking at other companies if Estes dont get this resolved in a timely manner. I have to take care of my family even if Estes cant take care of me. Time will tell.
Anytime you're not working a full week go file for unemployment. "No work" would be the reason. You don't have to be officially "laid off". As long as you're available to work but there is no work for you you can collect.

We got paid supplemental money for the shortage of hours. Estes said they would pay us an average of our paychecks over the last 30 weeks. Did they not do that for you guys?

Unemployment. If you are not working and you are employed at Estes go file for unemployment. Corp office and local can say what they want to but fact of the matter is you can file if you are not working. Estes may and will deny the claim and all you if to do is dispute it. You do not have to be laid off or unemployed from the employer. If you are not working the states min go file and do not wait because typically all these states make you donate a week. Do not be feared by by some suit and tie wearing you know what. Estes could have had this done and over with the day it happened. Saia, Fedex freight, Dayton freight, AG, Waller truck lines and capitol one bank all have had the same situation and paid the ransom. Just my 2cent you know where your owners head is at. Estes want pay a simple 10 million out but offers 1.+ billion for Yellow freights junk a$$ terminals. Also all that Covid money given by the government to give to the employees and Estes wanted to treat it as a loan to the employees that took it. Don’t wish anything bad on anyone and hopefully Estes overcomes this but you can’t lose millions a day and stay afloat. In closing anyone affected don’t be scared and go file for unemployment.

Unemployment. If you are not working and you are employed at Estes go file for unemployment. Corp office and local can say what they want to but fact of the matter is you can file if you are not working. Estes may and will deny the claim and all you if to do is dispute it. You do not have to be laid off or unemployed from the employer. If you are not working the states min go file and do not wait because typically all these states make you donate a week. Do not be feared by by some suit and tie wearing you know what. Estes could have had this done and over with the day it happened. Saia, Fedex freight, Dayton freight, AG, Waller truck lines and capitol one bank all have had the same situation and paid the ransom. Just my 2cent you know where your owners head is at. Estes want pay a simple 10 million out but offers 1.+ billion for Yellow freights junk a$$ terminals. Also all that Covid money given by the government to give to the employees and Estes wanted to treat it as a loan to the employees that took it. Don’t wish anything bad on anyone and hopefully Estes overcomes this but you can’t lose millions a day and stay afloat. In closing anyone affected don’t be scared and go file for unemployment.
"Yellow freights junk a$$ terminals"? Just how many of Yellow's over 300 terminals have you examined before making that statement? :duh:

We have about 50% of the freight, what we had b4 this thing went down. Rumor is ransom was 100 mil. and by now we know they didn’t pay. Now when systems is 70/80 back ( I think customers still can’t track their shipments, but they can get rates)at least in my area we are slowly seeing more freight, but it may take weeks to be back to normal. In my barn they are rotating cancellations ( I worked 4 days last week) , and we don’t have extra board drivers so when someone goes on vacation ( this week 2 drivers) whoever gets cut covers that . I don’t have perfect answers for you, but like many guys commented here if you are barely working FILE UNEMPLOYMENT. I understand ESTES wants to limit their losses, but you also have your bills. If you are waiting for them to lay you off, they won't. By now you probably know there is no loyalty in this industry, just dog eat dog. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
We have about 50% of the freight, what we had b4 this thing went down. Rumor is ransom was 100 mil. and by now we know they didn’t pay. Now when systems is 70/80 back ( I think customers still can’t track their shipments, but they can get rates)at least in my area we are slowly seeing more freight, but it may take weeks to be back to normal. In my barn they are rotating cancellations ( I worked 4 days last week) , and we don’t have extra board drivers so when someone goes on vacation ( this week 2 drivers) whoever gets cut covers that . I don’t have perfect answers for you, but like many guys commented here if you are barely working FILE UNEMPLOYMENT. I understand ESTES wants to limit their losses, but you also have your bills. If you are waiting for them to lay you off, they want. By now you probably know there is no loyalty in this industry, just dog eat dog. Good luck to you.
I don't understand why folks make a big deal about being laid off. You can file for unemployment as long as there is no work opportunity for you regardless of being laid off or not.

I heard the hackers wanted the payment in DogeCoin but Rob was only willing to pay in Shiba so the deal couldn’t be made. He had a big stash under Billy’s zero turn mower seat that SeaBreeze leases out that he was willing to deal. Not even a set of mirrors that had never exceeded 46mph with 2 hotdogs all way with a sun drop would satisfy the ransom and that’s a shame.

We have about 50% of the freight, what we had b4 this thing went down. Rumor is ransom was 100 mil. and by now we know they didn’t pay. Now when systems is 70/80 back ( I think customers still can’t track their shipments, but they can get rates)at least in my area we are slowly seeing more freight, but it may take weeks to be back to normal. In my barn they are rotating cancellations ( I worked 4 days last week) , and we don’t have extra board drivers so when someone goes on vacation ( this week 2 drivers) whoever gets cut covers that . I don’t have perfect answers for you, but like many guys commented here if you are barely working FILE UNEMPLOYMENT. I understand ESTES wants to limit their losses, but you also have your bills. If you are waiting for them to lay you off, they want. By now you probably know there is no loyalty in this industry, just dog eat dog. Good luck to you.
Tracking is back up, I checked the main website this morning… all tracking and pricing tools are operational.

I heard the hackers wanted the payment in DogeCoin but Rob was only willing to pay in Shiba so the deal couldn’t be made. He had a big stash under Billy’s zero turn mower seat that SeaBreeze leases out that he was willing to deal. Not even a set of mirrors that had never exceeded 46mph with 2 hotdogs all way with a sun drop would satisfy the ransom and that’s a shame.

Screenshot_20231017-1748292.md.png

What if the ransom was put in a Hat??…