ABF | Aurora/oswego (illinois) P&d/dock

Is the pension solid here at this terminal? Is it through "Suburban Teamsters of Northern Illinois."

I ask because I left Holland a for another company to be a local driver. This company is in local 710 but does not have a pension (employer paid 3% matched 401k), insurance costs me about 100.00 per week for my family (employer paid), and the job pays well below even Holland's city driver full scale.

I just don't know if making another move to ABF would be worth it. Putting my family through another probation period and training is not easy to do, unless the future would be much brighter.

Thank you for any advice or help

*this bump is because the TM has contacted me today. That's 2 1/2 months after our in person interview.
Local 179, Joliet,Illinois

Might be worth it. ABF’s contribution rate to the Teamsters Pension is around $8/hour (includes the PEER contribution). Family medical premium is 100% paid by the company, and is fairly good insurance (plans vary depending on where you are). Your insurance will kick in on the 1st day of the month following your first two months of employment. I retired from ABF under the 2013-2018 CBA...things might have changed a bit. The union hall should have all the current info on the ABF contract. Good luck, brother!

I talked to the TM. He said with the bill count being low lately they haven't hired anyone. He said he'll keep me in mind come spring time. I definitely would need to strongly consider it come spring. Even with paying your dues as a percenter and being on call. I have a great schedule now, as far as seeing my family but there is no pension (company 3% matched 401k), OT after 40 and pay 100 a week for health insurance for my wife and kids.

I talked to the TM. He said with the bill count being low lately they haven't hired anyone. He said he'll keep me in mind come spring time. I definitely would need to strongly consider it come spring. Even with paying your dues as a percenter and being on call. I have a great schedule now, as far as seeing my family but there is no pension (company 3% matched 401k), OT after 40 and pay 100 a week for health insurance for my wife and kids.
Makes sense, being we’re going into the slower time of the year (January-March). Probably wouldn’t hurt to knock on his door come February just to check in, if anything.