Yellow | Back office word

Time will tell... they have been billing in India for a week, and the world (or the docks) have not ground to a halt. Problem is anytime there is change, people look for errors more closely than they had before. Errors will happen, maybe at a slightly higher rate than before, but no different than when billing went from local to regional. And then the errors taper off to manageable rate.

People don't look for any closer if they were NOT TOLD of THE changes....... That other post told me, "don't you remeber them shutting down the other biling place and training all them Idia people?.... Uh.... no, I don't..... Not a CLUE HERE ! Just pushin buttons here and sending them --AWAY THEY GO !

I'm just sooo happy you have a good attitude about it...

errors will TAPER OFF to a manageable rate???? ----ERRORS !---- are acceptable, and how many????? Are acceptable....

If American businesses keep sending JOBS OVERSEAS, for $1.20 an hour per bill.... WHAT THE HELL ??? Are we all gonna be Doctors, and Laywers and such?????

Somebody don't see the big picture here..... and haven't been seeing it for the past 30 years now..... a fair days pay, for a fair days work.... IN AMERICA!

$1.67 per bill VS. 41 cents per bill.... Don't you people get it???? WE ALL CAN'T BE DR'S AND LAWYERS AND SUCH !

Ask me, I was a high school English teacher.... I was opposed to everyone take the "college bound classes"... What happened to the General Business track, the Vocational track, in high school...... Why does everyone HAVE TO take the Academic track? But there is nothing left in America for these kids to chose from ! As far as a JOB goes..... :hide:

Glad you are soo optimistic.... I can't say the same here....

Forget about yer "manageable errors, and yer cheaper price.... What are American kids suppose to do for a JOB, here in this 21st century???? They are NOT all brainiacs.....NOR do they wish to be......

What are American kids suppose to do for a JOB, here in this 21st century???? They are NOT all brainiacs.....NOR do they wish to be......

Didn't say I agree with the move, but since I can't do anything about it, why p&m about something outside your control? Yeah its a shame, wish it weren't so. Think about this the next time you walk by a tractor idling, wasting fuel, or dockmen causing damage when loading, or clerks misrouting freight. All wasted monies leads to having to find other ways to prop the bottom line.

Didn't say I agree with the move, but since I can't do anything about it, why p&m about something outside your control? Yeah its a shame, wish it weren't so. Think about this the next time you walk by a tractor idling, wasting fuel, or dockmen causing damage when loading, or clerks misrouting freight. All wasted monies leads to having to find other ways to prop the bottom line.
I know we are from different worlds but how about shutting off heat and air to office. Folding chairs instead of highback office chairs. Mop our own floor instead of hiring a service. :Poke: Just seemed odd that the only money you see wasted is via us grunts. :hide:

how about @120 two 30 year forman 1 saying to the other . witch 1 of the 2 guys working do you want to watch tonight. sounds like high grade pay waste to me

I know we are from different worlds but how about shutting off heat and air to office. Folding chairs instead of highback office chairs. Mop our own floor instead of hiring a service. :Poke: Just seemed odd that the only money you see wasted is via us grunts. :hide:

HEAR ! HEAR ! I JUST LOVE THIS POST !

Tell me about it Wolf ! When I come in the dern thermostat is set at 59 degress for the A/C... I just walked into the freezer ! Thing is, the ops guy is from HARRISBURG! I walk right up the the thermostat, and he says "HEY,HEY, HEY ! " I say : "It's FLORIDA ! It's SEMI-TROPICAL ! It's SUPPOSE TO BE HOT ! GEEZE....59 degrees... I could store road kill in here.... that is, if ever one drops by dead here in the cirty.... I thought I left 59 degrees back in PA !

This guy talks the talk, don't he, Wolf ? Let's see what happens if he now has to "walk the walk", heh?????? If not TODAY, maybe tomorrow....... And if not him, then maybe his kids, who do not wish to be brain surgeons here, or maybe even his grandchildren, who do not wish to be brain surgeons ..... just wanna work, and make a decent living, IN AMERICA ! A lot of people in AMERICA TAKE PRIDE in their jobs, cuz they have a "craft" an "art", and can do this quite well, and it gives them "self satisfaction" in their job, and they have done something well, or made something well.

Guess this guy don't know anything about that tho......

What greenhouse, hydro-ponic farmer did this guy grow from?

Btchin does work, if enuf people stand up and say so.... Ithought America was a Democracy.... Isn't it?

We don't have to sit idly by, and be victims..... like you, who is just soo accepting of things.....

McCain would tell you to quit whining---it's fundamental economics.....what's good for the company is good for you! Yeah--go Mccain!:chairshot:

Since this Customer Care concept has been created in the past two-three years, I 'd say they are all non-union, low pay. Teamsters let this one slide by to get them organized, but oh, well, it has happened and it's done now. And it was and still is, on the job training.... My CCC is in Orlando, 58 miles from me.... GEEZE... didn't the company even these folks a MAP !

It is frustrating quite often, to say the least... We got NOO RAMP HERE ! How we suppose to make this dock drop off/pick up, when the customer got a PICK UP TRUCK ! But, we are creative here, and we got chains and rig-a-ma-rows to get the job done. Thank GOD we finally got a liftgate truck !!!! ( we use this for dock drops/picks also..)Too bad the customer had to wait 3 hours until the liftgate got back from the street....

OH, YEAH ! CCC says, you can go there anytime ! They are open ! Or customer comes, and not packaged right. Customer disgusted we can't take this, etc....

Yeah, it's been fun.....:duh::shock::shades::poster_oops::

Detroit CCC is union.

there is a central office audit team reviewing corrections. Often corrections are done that don't match the bill of lading, or don't have a corrected bol imaged to support the change.

and when corrections are done wrong, after warnings, your access is taken away, since you aren't following the rules

Many 'errors' folks claim are made, really aren't errors, its billed the way the bill of lading reads.

example: driver signs for 1, bill of lading says 4 skids. Its billed as 1. Why? Thats what the driver signed for. The 'true' error might be a driver error, yet someone sees 4 and figures its a billing error. Real issue is origin has to get with driver to see why he signed for 1.

If you don't pass info about errors back to the site making the errors, they won't get fixed.

I'm not in jeopardy of getting my access revoked. All the corrections I cut are correct and legit. If I'm not mistaken Walmart is Roadway's largest (or at least real close) customer. The system is set up so that when ASD'ing you are prompted to enter the po# and even given the format the po# should be. A lot of the corrections cut are because the po #'s, that are plain as day on the bol, just are not entered at all.

Yup, what was reported earlier is true. I bet when in place no one will be able to notice the change. Totally transparent to the local barn.

$1.67 is probably what it costs to do the billing initially. I'm sure this doesnt include any costs when an RFA is sent, then the time someone at the terminal has to invest in finding the bol to either rescan or check to make sure is correct. Not to mention freight moving wild and/or potentially lost. Customers who like to track their freight daily call looking for the info and cant find it. How many have taken calls like that? At one of the terminals I dispatch, the billing got so bad that one of our larger customers pulled the freight from us until we fixed the pile of bills they had that were done wrong.

And my biggest shppr tonight paid like 2 hrs OT because the New Pros he had weren't working for him.... Bet he was REAL AHPPY about this.....

More bulls** mistakes... but I guess a 'reasonable amount of mistakes" are acceptable...

Most of us were thinking it, but glad you said it.:hysterical:
Now that is funny, but also very truthful. How many times have you been in a Drivers room in the summer and almost breaking a sweat, and you go to the dispatch window to get your bills or manifest and the breeze comming thru the window is almost cold enough to hang meat?

ASD = acquired shipment detail. biller is asdcp = acquired shipment detail certified professional!

You are exactly correct. ASD is the software program RDWY uses to bill bills. ASDCP is the person , and had to take training and pass, to be able to do this. I just think the RDWY people were trying to help explain to the Yellow people, in a more simple way, so they could understand the "language". as YFSY uses numbers, (like 2.1) for their software, and RDWY uses "next commands" like ASD.....

does anyone think that the new Kansas RASD union site is going to put 385 and 487 which are non union out of business? I know we have been workless for almost 6 weeks and we randomly help out the PA site but they have been seeing less and less work.