Yellow | Baltimore Bridge Collapse .....

So am I. Do you realize just how hard the media folks worked to find another bridge story ANYWHERE? Thank goodness they only had to go to Oklahoma and not the Congo.
What ever happened to that Bridge in Arizona or was it Texas , that they was selling on-line ?? And is "Jamie" helping to get free government money to rebuild these Bridges and then get a Big Bonus Check and Free Bridge Stock Shares too ??? $$$$$$

What ever happened to that Bridge in Arizona or was it Texas , that they was selling on-line ?? And is "Jamie" helping to get free government money to rebuild these Bridges and then get a Big Bonus Check and Free Bridge Stock Shares too ??? $$$$$$
Wong, thanks for punting out just how ridiculous this all is. In this bridge accident: the Maryland Transit Police did one hellavu job. They responded immediately when the "Mayday" call was made, and in doing so save countless lives by closing off the traffic lanes. There were NO casualties except for the construction crew doing pothole repairs, and there just wasn't any way to contact them in time. As for motorists, didn't lose even one! The fact that it was 01:30 did help in that regard.
As for the damage, that is the responsibility of the ship's insurance underwriter, who I believe is Lloyds' of London. Yes, it's going to be nearly a billion-dollar claim. That's what they collect premiums for. It is NOT the financial responsibility of the State of Maryland or the US taxpayer to foot the bill, even if Joe Biden says so. That poor guy, telling us that he rode the train across the bridge many times (I checked the White House transcript of his remarks-that is indeed what he said).
Our hearts go out to the families of those six construction workers, four of whom are still un-recovered from the water. They will be recovered soon.

Wong, thanks for punting out just how ridiculous this all is. In this bridge accident: the Maryland Transit Police did one hellavu job. They responded immediately when the "Mayday" call was made, and in doing so save countless lives by closing off the traffic lanes. There were NO casualties except for the construction crew doing pothole repairs, and there just wasn't any way to contact them in time. As for motorists, didn't lose even one! The fact that it was 01:30 did help in that regard.
As for the damage, that is the responsibility of the ship's insurance underwriter, who I believe is Lloyds' of London. Yes, it's going to be nearly a billion-dollar claim. That's what they collect premiums for. It is NOT the financial responsibility of the State of Maryland or the US taxpayer to foot the bill, even if Joe Biden says so. That poor guy, telling us that he rode the train across the bridge many times (I checked the White House transcript of his remarks-that is indeed what he said).
Our hearts go out to the families of those six construction workers, four of whom are still un-recovered from the water. They will be recovered soon.
Everyone knows I detest Biden- but he is right on this one- our US Government will rebuild the bridge and reopen the Port.

As I heard today on the News- the ship is owned by a Japanese Company. It was flagged by Singapore. It was under a lease to a Scandinavian Company. It was insured by a British Compnay. It was manned by a crew from India. It hit a Bridge under the Maryland Dept of Transportation, with a Roadway that is part of the US Interstate System. And the boat was in Coast Guard run waters. The Port is under US Homeland Security control. And it employs 8000 people directly, about 18,000 indirectly, and impacts distribution to all of the USA.

This will be in Courts for decades. The bridge needs rebuilt NOW.

Everyone knows I detest Biden- but he is right on this one- our US Government will rebuild the bridge and reopen the Port.

As I heard today on the News- the ship is owned by a Japanese Company. It was flagged by Singapore. It was under a lease to a Scandinavian Company. It was insured by a British Compnay. It was manned by a crew from India. It hit a Bridge under the Maryland Dept of Transportation, with a Roadway that is part of the US Interstate System. And the boat was in Coast Guard run waters. The Port is under US Homeland Security control. And it employs 8000 people directly, about 18,000 indirectly, and impacts distribution to all of the USA.

This will be in Courts for decades. The bridge needs rebuilt NOW.
Agreed, the bridge needs immediate re-construction. However, Lloyds is already being "hit up" for money. The USA does intend to be made whole on this.

There was an article on a news site today that the company responsible is filing a petition to limit it's liability to less than half of what it's responsibility should be. As I remember the company responsible for the I 40 bridge disaster at Webbers's Falls Oklahoma got off for a fraction of the actual liability. More people lost their lives there than at the recent Baltimore bridge disaster.

There was an article on a news site today that the company responsible is filing a petition to limit it's liability to less than half of what it's responsibility should be. As I remember the company responsible for the I 40 bridge disaster at Webbers's Falls Oklahoma got off for a fraction of the actual liability. More people lost their lives there than at the recent Baltimore bridge disaster.
Read the article carefully. Right, wrong or indifferent, this affair is governed by maritime law, which operates a bit differently than customary land-based civil litigation. What the ship's owner and the management company have filed is considered to be routine and causes a thorough review to see where and if "fingers should be pointed". According to what I read, you are correct that this will take years in the Courts to straighten out. Of course, humongous attorney fees are part of the package.

Hope your right about us Taxpayer's NOT footing the bill ??? And did Biden get a 15% senior discount on his train ticket ??? And can't believe democrats cant find somebody else to run for Prez ?? Even ' Patel " from Iowa would have been a better choice !

Hope your right about us Taxpayer's NOT footing the bill ??? And did Biden get a 15% senior discount on his train ticket ??? And can't believe democrats cant find somebody else to run for Prez ?? Even ' Patel " from Iowa would have been a better choice !
Wong, this is of course a political discourse. The view from here is that Biden has no business being or running for a second term as President. He is clearly in serious cognitive decline, barely able to remember his own name some days. I can only imagine what's going on "behind the scenes" that is shielded from our view. However, the alternatives are none too wonderful either. There is a compelling argument to support the candidacy of Peter Rabbit or Daffy Duck.
As for the bridge, I suspect the American taxpayer will be footing the bill at least short term in the effort towards expediency, with reimbursement after the fact. As some have already pointed out, this reimbursement will be a very protracted process that will take years. What was alarming is that Joe Biden's writers even allowed the train comment to make the outline for commentary. There are no train tracks across the Key bridge.

Wong, this is of course a political discourse. The view from here is that Biden has no business being or running for a second term as President. He is clearly in serious cognitive decline, barely able to remember his own name some days. I can only imagine what's going on "behind the scenes" that is shielded from our view. However, the alternatives are none too wonderful either. There is a compelling argument to support the candidacy of Peter Rabbit or Daffy Duck.
As for the bridge, I suspect the American taxpayer will be footing the bill at least short term in the effort towards expediency, with reimbursement after the fact. As some have already pointed out, this reimbursement will be a very protracted process that will take years. What was alarming is that Joe Biden's writers even allowed the train comment to make the outline for commentary. There are no train tracks across the Key bridge.
Do you think I stand a chance of winning???

I'm a idiot.....

Ren And Stimpy Nicksplat GIF by NickRewind

Don't worry about who's paying for the bridge.
They're going to garnish the captain's wages 15% for 30 years.

Jaimie is trying to get gubnent money to build bridges on the Caymen's,so he can move all those Yellow trailers full of cash from one island to another

That's because former YRC people all have above average levels of intelligence, knowledge, curiosity, and comprehension skills. Those characteristics were always required in order to be hired by YRC. (Not to mention good looking also). :smile new:
Your statement is 100 % correct because YRC offered me a job after PIE folded.
I was smart enough to say "No thank you"
They missed a handsome guy. :lmao: