FedEx Freight | Be extra cautious now-day's

Guardrail, just from that name I can't help thinking you are a manager, are you here to guard the site from any truth to be told? maybe a troll? let me just say if you think you are making a good living from MR. nice guy Fred Smith then I wonder what you would think of over time after 8 hours and not 40? and a pension so you can retire and enjoy life a little instead of driving for MR. nice guy until you die behind the wheel and just for the record Teamsters never lay down.....

We get overtime after 8 in North Carolina in fact I think this is company wide

purple beer I'm really glad to hear that, every one of you should get it after 8 and not 40 you guys are no different from me, we do the same job.
I can tell you for sure that the guys in south Jersey don't get over time until 40 hours of service is complete. And for the 2 drivers that I bullshit with they are doing split shifts and are really getting screwed the company will not let them get the 40 they need to get the over time. I'm not here to bash you guys but to maybe answer a question or two and to pass my thoughts around,

teamsterjoe you need to take your organizing and unionization ideas to the teamsers/non union debate forum....
I promise you about 90% of the people here know just as much as you do about the union.... The subject is old and tired

purple beer I'm really glad to hear that, every one of you should get it after 8 and not 40 you guys are no different from me, we do the same job.
I can tell you for sure that the guys in south Jersey don't get over time until 40 hours of service is complete. And for the 2 drivers that I bullshit with they are doing split shifts and are really getting screwed the company will not let them get the 40 they need to get the over time. I'm not here to bash you guys but to maybe answer a question or two and to pass my thoughts around,

FXF gives overtime after 8. I will agree with Jeff on this. More like 99% know as much about the union, and there is a reason why we haven't unionized. Good luck to you and your family in these troubling times.

I work in North Jersey and we get OT after 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Fed Ex spends a lot of money hiring drivers so cant see a reason to dismiss without a just cause. anything is possible. If you are in adverse conditions and are not comfortable back out of the load somehow fake an illness but dont put ur life in jeopardy

sounds strange to me. We had a guy put it in the ditch cause he lost control from sneezing. Another turned over atleast 2 loads before getting fired. I've also never heard of an "exellent" road driver swerve for a dear, nobody ever believes that

Funny you mention sneezing, this may sound strange to some but I'm sure others may have experienced this... if you suffer a sneeze attack (multiple sneezes in a very short amount of time) you will black out for a few seconds. And that is a medical fact. Same goes for coughing uncontrollably.

Funny you mention sneezing, this may sound strange to some but I'm sure others may have experienced this... if you suffer a sneeze attack (multiple sneezes in a very short amount of time) you will black out for a few seconds. And that is a medical fact. Same goes for coughing uncontrollably.

Take a box of exlax before you go out and you will be too afraid to sneeze

hey joe.will you collect your pension.just a thought,making a good living working for fred.will funds be there when you retire.hope so.

Hello everyone just responding to the original thread on here about the driver being fired for just having an accident the driver was not just fired because he got into an accident most of you dont know the he was supposedly on the phone while driving in icy conditions when the accident occured he is trying to appeal however if his phone records show he was on the phone its a done deal

Hello everyone just responding to the original thread on here about the driver being fired for just having an accident the driver was not just fired because he got into an accident most of you dont know the he was supposedly on the phone while driving in icy conditions when the accident occured he is trying to appeal however if his phone records show he was on the phone its a done deal

is this fact or fiction. did they get his cell phone records that quick being his accident was early tuesday morning. Just curious.

is this fact or fiction. did they get his cell phone records that quick being his accident was early tuesday morning. Just curious.

It would appear he has to bring in his phone records to prove he wasn't on the phone at the time of the accident? I know a driver for another company who got pulled over after going through a const zone with a headset on his head. He told the officer he wasn't talking at the time, it was just on his head. The officer told him to bring his phone records to court on his court date to prove he wasn't talking at the time. Just another portion of the game they play to make revenue.

If he was on the phone then it's on him and explains alot more then what I knew about the accident.
Distracted driving must have been the reason given then I take it?

Really !

Teamsters dont lay down ?
I know , not the right forum ,
teamsterjoe , what do you call it when your on your belly and
everybody is giving it to you and you just smile

They have to fire or lay off as many drivers as they can anyway.For any reason they feel fit. Be very careful.Its the way of FEDEX.

Guardrail, just from that name I can't help thinking you are a manager, are you here to guard the site from any truth to be told?

Yeah, that's me... a manager.

maybe a troll?

You, maybe?

let me just say if you think you are making a good living from MR. nice guy Fred Smith then I wonder what you would think of over time after 8 hours and not 40?

I like it, we have it, next?

and a pension so you can retire and enjoy life a little instead of driving for MR. nice guy until you die behind the wheel

We have one, next?

and just for the record Teamsters never lay down.....

Ummmm...OK, if you say so.

why would they just fire or layoff as many people as they can thats a pretty stupid thing to say you cant justify them not firing someone if he was on the phone in bad weather driving i think when poeple hear things about other people when they get fired because you dont know their whole history because people can keep things from you you dont need to know everyone doesnt always know when someones gotten a ticket or in an accident or whatever you can only go off what the person feels he or she needs to let out