FedEx Freight | Best Shop?

For FXF to have only vendors do work and get rid of their shops would be the end of FXF. There's no way they would survive.

I worded my post poorly. What I meant is I vaguely remember hearing that they were tossing around the idea of doing maintenance on trucks from other companies to maximize the use of our shops in some areas. But that idea - if it ever really was one - is probably out the window now due to the ongoing labor shortage.

I worded my post poorly. What I meant is I vaguely remember hearing that they were tossing around the idea of doing maintenance on trucks from other companies to maximize the use of our shops in some areas. But that idea - if it ever really was one - is probably out the window now due to the ongoing labor shortage.
Yeah we have had trucks double stacked on out of service line for over two months now. 20+ trucks down all the time. Shop says they can't get parts.

Yeah we have had trucks double stacked on out of service line for over two months now. 20+ trucks down all the time. Shop says they can't get parts.

Same. You would think they would do something that makes sense.... Like keep a reserve of spare parts. It's not like the trucks are unique in any way.

Parts is by far greatest issue at our shop. And the other day I saw more evidence. I went to KW to pick up a part and they had over 30 trucks staged waiting for parts or service and..a full shop...it was crazy.

Wont say where but ours would get worst nomination. They dont do squat and answer to no one at our place. They are completely run from somewhere else so are nearly free of immediate
checks or balances.

Leave the tools in a cardboard box I'll fix it myself them we can cut costs and get rid of Coco Fixit .

I know ours is far from the best. Probably not the worst. Great at changing a lightbulb. Maybe even a tire. Other than that it's iffy. If we run out of bubblegum and duct tape we're screwed lol. Replaced an injector for my tractor a couple weeks ago. Put back in service. Get 1/2 mile from terminal and blew a hose off. Opened hood and saw the hose. They put it on but didn't tighten the clamp down. Luckily it was still there and only slid down the hose. Had a screw driver and put it back on myself and kept on going. Good thing was I didn't find any of their tools they usually leave up near the wipers. Always find wrenches & prybars up there.