Yellow | Bid from car hauler to revive defunct Yellow has shippers skeptical

Cut rate freight brings cut rate wages..............................................................

The wages and benefits were fine for the people that had over 5 years seniority invested since the vacation and start times (plus any FMLA) more than made up for the $27 hr with free, let me repeat FREE gold standard healthcare and reduced but free pension contributions.

The wages and benefits were fine for the people that had over 5 years seniority invested since the vacation and start times (plus any FMLA) more than made up for the $27 hr with free, let me repeat FREE gold standard healthcare and reduced but free pension contributions.
Don't worry the caddy plan was on it's way to the toilet along with the rest of the pension contributions only a matter of time.

Don't worry the caddy plan was on it's way to the toilet along with the rest of the pension contributions only a matter of time.

Ive been hearing that for the last 13 years and the only thing that I have seen take it down completely is my own unions lack of diplomacy which I am sad to say because I usually back the union 99.9% of the time.

The last realistic offer from the company was for $.06 and to take money away from the H&W plan along with having some employees give up OT wages to get paid by the mile while eliminating dock workers where do you think it was headed?
Their motto was to kick the can down the road well the road was a dead-end.......................

This is Yellow we're talking about there was no efficiency, except of course how fast they could throw dollar bills out the window to save pennies.....................................
Tripping over dollars, to pick up dimes.

I dont think recouping the freight from other carriers will be a problem, especially on the big accounts like HD, Best Buy, US Govt, etc. the little mom & pop stuff will also eventually come back for the rates but it may take longer to earn their trust. It will only take a few major 3PL's to turn it all back on once its up & running.
HD and Best Buy freight?

HD, lots of oversized, long skids easily damaged underneath from short forks.

Best Buy, lots of electronics, crushed, torn, and slippery ctns. Expensive claims, whether damage or theft.

Government frt = cheap.