FedEx Freight | Bidding 2022!

I signed paperwork last night to opt out of my award tractor and back into the normal pool with the April bid. In return I get a $10,000 check less taxes and deductions. Award drivers have until 3/21 to decide. Anyone who doesn't make a decision, gets the money by default. If you keep the truck, it's your last one. There will be no replacements. It's a no brainer to take the cash. Service center managers were made aware of this Friday, and have the form "Master President's Safety Team (MPST) Decision Form". Some yards the drivers are having to ask for them, my yard deemed it important enough that they called all of us about it.

How does Fx come out ahead by doing the $10k as opposed to a truck you'd need to drive regardless, sans your name on the side?

At any rate, yeah, who wouldn't take the $10k?

I must be the odd man out. Having trouble deciding,worked 25 yrs for it and another 18 months for it to show up. Went from city to road so I lost all seniority which leaves me with the oldest jacked up trucks come bid time.

I must be the odd man out. Having trouble deciding,worked 25 yrs for it and another 18 months for it to show up. Went from city to road so I lost all seniority which leaves me with the oldest jacked up trucks come bid time.
You only get to keep the tractor till it's 5 years old, or has 500,000 miles; and it will not be exclusive use. It will be used like any other, or so we're told. Mine always was used in the city anyway.