Estes | Bidding in feb 2010

I was just wondering ,i believe its a good thing ,just my opinion..ive been here 15 yrs and i just look back at all the times of running the xtra board it wasnt fun at all.....

I was just wondering ,i believe its a good thing ,just my opinion..ive been here 15 yrs and i just look back at all the times of running the xtra board it wasnt fun at all.....

xtraboard is a fun job if your an alcoholic that can't drink at home

Well at least with the new bid and rule about bumping alot of us who have some time in want have to run extra board if they cut yr run,they should have done this bck in 2008,when we all bidded then....i feel the 90 day rule needs to be thrown out as well,I know i prob will get some heat from this but fair is fair,i started here 15 yrs ago,when you couldnt even think about getting a sched run or a air conditioned truck,when ya left on sun eve you didnt see home till fri or sat later that week....

Anyone heard anymore news on the bid or the result from the bidding every year deal....

Actual news.... asked my T.M. this direct question about two weeks ago and it is CONFIRMED ... they are rebidding in Feb., and the bump process will go into effect at that time - this came from a phone call he had with Richmond the week before.

Gee, great I look forward to my eight years I have had here and still stuck on Extra Board, our Linehaul is going away, wish I would have known that last year when I could have took a hub or Utility run that does'nt pay anything.
But then if I would have done hub or Utility that would be like starting a new Job, hell I can do that at Fed EX,
Con Way, ETC.

There's still time to hear the age old statement, "We've decided that it is not necessary to re-bid at this time"..

it is my opinion now that we should have no rebid at all, just make bump take effect march 1st then when a run is cancelled a rebid will take place from that man down.

this would stop all this debate from everyone about bid or not bid and company time crap.

the 90 day rule should stay in effect, at least 30 to 60 days. i see guys cant make up their mind screwing things up for everyone. one guy changed runs four times in a month when 90 was not in effect. seems to me guys like this will never be happy with any run they have. he chose it he should be forced to run it. not try it out and say no i dont like it give me another one.

i know here come the guys saying he has senority he should be alloud to. bullcrap. this is why guys dont want to rebid each year these arrogant suckers thinking their time with company means they can do whatever they want and tell everyone to f off if they dont like it.

it is my opinion now that we should have no rebid at all, just make bump take effect march 1st then when a run is cancelled a rebid will take place from that man down.

this would stop all this debate from everyone about bid or not bid and company time crap.

the 90 day rule should stay in effect, at least 30 to 60 days. i see guys cant make up their mind screwing things up for everyone. one guy changed runs four times in a month when 90 was not in effect. seems to me guys like this will never be happy with any run they have. he chose it he should be forced to run it. not try it out and say no i dont like it give me another one.

i know here come the guys saying he has senority he should be alloud to. bullcrap. this is why guys dont want to rebid each year these arrogant suckers thinking their time with company means they can do whatever they want and tell everyone to f off if they dont like it.

The way I had it relayed to me was,if your run is done-away-with,you will be notified by your TM..He will inform you that your run no longer exists..You will then be ask what run do you want beneathe your seniority status,then,no days of thinking about it..Once you tell him over the phone what run you want,you will begin that run that night..

Your seniority starts,when you started in that classification..

AMEN Brother!:shift:

....i feel the 90 day rule needs to be thrown out as well,IQUOTE]

Kansas city does enforce it. i had 9 meet drivers since i started the ksc and okc meet 6 mths ago most of them lasted a week or two then jumped to another run and as far as the rebidding i was was told jan 16th
this is what i was talking about on the other thread no uniformatie and no real honest answers :ranting2: