ABF | Breakbulk poaching city drivers

When I retired in 2019, I was running UE, our one run to new haven was grandfathered in. So I was paid the higher of of the two. The mileage & hourly would pay about 50$ more a night. All you needed to do was meet or beat the companies drive time from point a to b.
We originally had two RPM/UE runs out of the Rock. One to a meet point in Springfield, MO, and one to Shreveport, LA. I believe it started back in either 2005 or 2006. The 2003-2008 contract did not even have the section 7 portion of Article 3 back then. So, they used Article 20, Section 4 "New Business/Job Creation Opportunities" language to create the RPM program from scratch. The 2008-2013 contract, they added the Section 7 language to Article 3. Thus, the creation of the Utility Employee.

This picture was taken from my 2008-2013 contract book. The top section highlighted in yellow was language removed in the 2013-2018 contract to give the UE’s more flexibility at the away docks. Before 2013, A UE driver could not load or unload any freight at an away terminal unless it was done in the designated UE area.
image.md.jpg