TForce | Bring on the horses

How about: {UPSF_SORRY TO BE NON-UNION}
{UPSF_FEDUP TO BE NON-UNION}

{UPSF_STILL GIVING THEM A CHANCE TO STAY NONUNION}

I'm even starting to have my doubts with the way our extra board is starving and all the contract carries are getting fat wallets.

I'll probably go with a regular name of some sort and just put Formerly UPSF_Glad to be non-union as my signature so everyone knows who I am.

I guess I'm really stuck BusterNite.
My wife also wants me to stick it out untill I'm 65.
She knows we would have a hard time living on what I'd get now,because we still have a few bills to pay off.
Two more years we will be in a lot better shape,and also she thinks I will regret taking less than just two more years would give me.
I've got 20.2 years Teamster credit that won't change.
But Overnite/UPS Freight will give me a little over $1200.00 per month now,and around $2900.00 at age 65,also SSI will be a lot better.
Shes not the boss in our house,but she is a spender.
So I guess two more years isn't really that much longer?
Maybe the Indy contract will be done by then?
Just kidding,I'm almost 63 so 65 is just around the corner.
The only bummer in this wait time is two more winters.

If you plan on working 2 more years which is in your best interests, Cut back on the spending at home. Renew your home budget and stop working so much. Its time to enjoy some home time, Your family deserves it. Forget all the overtime. Work as little as possable. An honest days work for an honest days pay. Let the youngins get the 50-70 hour work weeks. This is what I do. Set the home budget and work as little as possable. The least amount of time I spend on company time the better.::smilie_132:

Some of the older guys disagree with that. I don't know this is true or not, cause I got a ways to even think about it. But alot of older guys seem to think the last couple years of work determines what you'll get in social security. Thats why we have guys jump to the road at the end. Any truth to that, I dunno.

serta it's my understanding that you SS is based on the highest 5 year span of income. I may well be incorrect but that is the way it's been explained to me.

serta it's my understanding that you SS is based on the highest 5 year span of income. I may well be incorrect but that is the way it's been explained to me.

Probably so, I know they all talk about making the most they can the last couple years. Probably why us drivers all die so young after retirement.

Some of the older guys disagree with that. I don't know this is true or not, cause I got a ways to even think about it. But alot of older guys seem to think the last couple years of work determines what you'll get in social security. Thats why we have guys jump to the road at the end. Any truth to that, I dunno.

It's the last 5 or 10 I have get the book out again. But HB is correct that is way the last years drivers try to get high paying runs.

But the way UPS is doing us the last years might be 20,000 a year...:hide:

It's the last 5 or 10 I have get the book out again. But HB is correct that is way the last years drivers try to get high paying runs.

But the way UPS is doing us the last years might be 20,000 a year...:hide:

I remember asking about this when we did the switch over to UPSF. I was concerned because my best years were in the early to mid 90s when I was on a three trip schedule for over 10 years. Those were my best years and hope to never have to work more than 5 days a week ever again. The answer I got from managment at the time was. It will be calculated by your last 5 years OR your past years with Overnite whitch ever is greater. I don't know if anything has changed since then.:smilie_132:

I remember asking about this when we did the switch over to UPSF. I was concerned because my best years were in the early to mid 90s when I was on a three trip schedule for over 10 years. Those were my best years and hope to never have to work more than 5 days a week ever again. The answer I got from managment at the time was. It will be calculated by your last 5 years OR your past years with Overnite whitch ever is greater. I don't know if anything has changed since then.:smilie_132:

Things change so much in this co. and most judgements in policies are the equivilent of shooting from the hip. Good luck getting a straight awnser.....:nutkick: