TForce | Bring on the horses

Union in your dreams?
Everyones idea of becoming a Teamster may be all well, and good.
But the way I see this whole plan so far,is UPS,and J.Hoffa Jr. are holding all of the cards up to this point.

The hand thats been delt is completly out of our hands at least up to whenever this UPS Freight contract gets setteled,somewhere down the line?

Yes you can sign cards for a union vote for represntation at each terminal.

Other than that how can you move along any faster then what has already been in the works between UPS,and Mr.Hoffa?

I already know I'm going to be beat on with this post.
But go a head I can take my a few lumps,after living through this weeks snow storm.

The employee's have the final say whether they want to except the contract or not.:smilie_132:

Yes I know thats true BusterNite.
Now can you look into your crystle ball,and let me know when that time will come,for all of use UPS Freight pawns?

BusterNite you say its going to be in the near future?
How do you know its not going to be in the far future?
Whats to stop these barganing talks to drag out for many more months to come?

UPS,and the Teamsters are totally in control,and so far they are running this show.
All of us UPS Freighter's are,and have been in a state of union,non-union limbo.

You all can keep saying bring on the horeses till your blue in the face.
We can also keep going to our Teamster local meetings to be pumped up about being organized,as well as signing cards for a representation vote.
Other than all of that our hands are tied the way I see it?

Patience you say hugnlug?
I've got a lot of patience in most areas of my life.
But you can't post here that I'm in to much of a hurry after nothing new in over 6 months to date?

I just happen to notice that all of you that keep saying bring on the horses can not do anything more to have that happen?
And for this observation I'm accused of not having any patience?

Well bless your hearts dream on if you wish.
Far be it from me to spoil any of your fun,just because I don't see any progress from Septembert 6th 2006 till now?

In fact if you want horses,my wife has 4 of them,if you show up here after she's sleeping some night real soon,I'll give you a great deal on them.

Union in your dreams?
Everyones idea of becoming a Teamster may be all well, and good.
But the way I see this whole plan so far,is UPS,and J.Hoffa Jr. are holding all of the cards up to this point.

The hand thats been delt is completly out of our hands at least up to whenever this UPS Freight contract gets setteled,somewhere down the line?

Yes you can sign cards for a union vote for represntation at each terminal.

Other than that how can you move along any faster then what has already been in the works between UPS,and Mr.Hoffa?

I already know I'm going to be beat on with this post.
But go a head I can take my a few lumps,after living through this weeks snow storm.

Ap, you act as if your the only one that has ever been a teamster out of all of us working at UPSF. I would like to pick apart this post but I won't. It's too easy.

Ap:
Far be it from me to spoil any of your fun,just because I don't see any progress from Septembert 6th 2006 till now?

You are the only one wanting to rush the process. You have been told time and time again by others that they are making a contract from scratch, modeled from the NMFA. Rushing a contract would in the long run, not be good for us. Just kick back and enjoy yourself, and when it comes, it comes.

Well heres my deal I've been thinking of retiring,I'll be 63 next month.
I was kind of woundring how a contract would effect my plans?
If I'm better off waiting to see if it would be worth it for me to hang in there like you say,and see what happens or get out now with what I already have?

I've checked into my monthly pension payment and at my age now I'll get about half of what I'd get if I waited till I'm 65.

So you see for me 6 months is a long time to wait so far,with no new news to how things will be with a contract.

Maybe this posts seems like I'm just being selfish,looking out for me only?
But I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking 6 months has been a long time with knowing nothing other than there is barganing going on?

6 months ain't but 1/4th the time you gotta wait to double your pension. Bless your heart I don't want to discourage you but the company I worked for before ABF took a year and a half to get our 1st contract. Tons of things that both sides want to be sure and get right because it's something you don't want to have to redo from scratch every time you set down to negotiate wages and bennies.

Well thats real incouraging hillbilly frog.
You say one,and a half years?
Well looking at this with your past experiance,
I guess 6 months is no time at all.
At least your post has answered my question.
Hang in there if we must,looks like I'm hanging with every one else at UPS Freight.
Well maybe hanging isn't a good term to use?
I will say than we are all on board the good ship UPS Freight for the long haul.

BRING ON THE DAMN HORSES , I am ready, I told you all , I am saying now bring it on, I am the savior.

I told everybody from the beginning , you shall see, pat me on the back I am great, I am the clydesdale here buddies.:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

If I'm better off waiting to see if it would be worth it for me to hang in there like you say,and see what happens or get out now with what I already have?

I've checked into my monthly pension payment and at my age now I'll get about half of what I'd get if I waited till I'm 65.

So you see for me 6 months is a long time to wait so far,with no new news to how things will be with a contract.

But I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking 6 months has been a long time with knowing nothing other than there is barganing going on?

why you in such a big hurry when you still have 2 years and 1 month to go?

hang in

if you trrow in the towel now the company has won. "half of your retirement " do you realy want to give them that pleasure?

The way I see it Apo, Is simple. No matter what the out come of the contract brings in regaurds to your pension. I would still plan on waiting until you are 65 if the difference is half payment between 63 years old or 65 years old. Now if the contract brings along something better that allows you to retire earlier with just as good of a bennefit then thats all good two. I am also watching all of this very closely. I also hope for a pension deal that will allow me to get out alot sooner than planned. I like that Idea of 2 for 1 after 5 years vested. For my situation that would work perfectly.:1036316054:

I guess I'm really stuck BusterNite.
My wife also wants me to stick it out untill I'm 65.
She knows we would have a hard time living on what I'd get now,because we still have a few bills to pay off.
Two more years we will be in a lot better shape,and also she thinks I will regret taking less than just two more years would give me.
I've got 20.2 years Teamster credit that won't change.
But Overnite/UPS Freight will give me a little over $1200.00 per month now,and around $2900.00 at age 65,also SSI will be a lot better.
Shes not the boss in our house,but she is a spender.
So I guess two more years isn't really that much longer?
Maybe the Indy contract will be done by then?
Just kidding,I'm almost 63 so 65 is just around the corner.
The only bummer in this wait time is two more winters.

I just talked to a friend of mine that was behind me on the board.
He asked me where I was at, since he knew I was ahead of him....and I said "I'm waiting on my call"

I got my call while I was on the phone with him.
He was called a half hour prior to me, and I was available 9 hours before him.:chairshot: :chairshot:

Have you talked to the TM about that?

I actually found out that I somehow lost about 8
spots on the board.
Not sure where the next guy after me went...had I been in the proper place.

How about: {UPSF_SORRY TO BE NON-UNION}
{UPSF_FEDUP TO BE NON-UNION}

{UPSF_STILL GIVING THEM A CHANCE TO STAY NONUNION}

I'm even starting to have my doubts with the way our extra board is starving and all the contract carries are getting fat wallets.