FedEx Freight | Bumper Riding

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
Wife told me she seen a Fed Ex truck pulling doubles riding the bumper of a car on the interstate on her way to work. She said he was about 2 feet off the bumper flashing his lights. Not sure which brand of fed ex she just said fed ex. She said she thought about calling fed ex and reporting it but she didn't want anyone to get fired. I told her that was an idiot driver if he was that close at highway speeds. Just a touch of the brakes on that car and he would have ran over them. Folks we can't be in that big of a hurry to where we put a humans life in danger and possibly change the future of ours as well by being killed or sitting in a prison.

Your Wife who "did not want anyone to get fired" is too nice.

It will get her killed.

THAT Idiot in question with the loaded doubles two feet on her bumper is a lethal weapon. It will take 30 to 50 cars together to get him stopped. And a dozen will be dead at the scene.

She has absolutely no concept of what little weight 3000 pounds of car against 80000 coming on driving six white horses. Her world might end horribly while its a baddabump oh &^%$ to the lout. If her car was the weight of two pallets almost in the trailer, theres another 22 more pallets with it to fully load almost.

Im not here to troll or pick on anyone. Anyone with a 18 wheeler on anyones ass deserves to be removed from the industry.

I have had situations where people stop short in front of me despite two seconds or more and theres not enough braking power in all the world. (I was pre disc braking...) and have counted myself so very lucky.

You also get into the realm of attempted manslaugher by vehicle (Commercial vehicle to be exact) when tailgating someone in roadraging or impatience or bullying a slow speed limit driver.

When I drive my old vehicle and truckers stupid enough to do that, I stay calm and stay right at the speed I am at. If they were to take me out... its going to be a interesting day for me if I survive. Jackpot too.

I have taken cars across my bumper twice in DC which is one of the worst aggression packed cities there are. And have the court lawsuits to prove it. That was a very long time ago when people in cars want you to hit them.

My area has gotten dangerous. I am installing fore and aft cameras in our vehicles as I type this. Whatever happens from there on out will be recorded.

There’s negligent drivers everywhere. Our units are equipped with forward facing cameras.

If it was a freight unit and any of the 12 unit ID numbers that are visible on a hooked set were seen and reported the driver would have been disciplined.

As far as ground goes, I’m not sure. But rest assured “most” of the freight drivers are competent and safe. I seriously doubt it was a freight truck. Even if no unit number were had she could have reported the time and location and they would likely figure out what driver it was.

Safe travels amigo.

Even if it were a ground truck they have cameras too....

My only guess is that it was a ground unit that was using a rental tractor with out the camera pinning the incident to him.

If there was a accident I'm sure there would be some camera footage triggered.

Bottom line..... Idiot driver.

Maybe Ted's wife was smoking a left handed cigarette at the time she thought she saw this?
Like those 4 wheelers that do 5-10 under in the left lane drinking coffee, doing makeup and talking on the phone. Everyone wants to pound on truck drivers, which is warranted since it’s a profession and we should know better, but negligent 4 wheelers need to be regulated too.

Like those 4 wheelers that do 5-10 under in the left lane drinking coffee, doing makeup and talking on the phone. Everyone wants to pound on truck drivers, which is warranted since it’s a profession and we should know better, but negligent 4 wheelers need to be regulated too.
Im not giving them a pass, but we are held at a higher standard. That's why we can go to prison easier than a regular 4 wheeler. We are supposingly professionals. No freight is worth any ones life. All we can do is be as safe as possible even if we get pissed off at another driver on the road not doing right.

The audacity. I guess she didn’t see the giant unit numbers when it finally passed her? Those ground trucks run, but they’re not bull haulers
The audacity. I guess she didn’t see the giant unit numbers when it finally passed her? Those ground trucks run, but they’re not bull haulers.
Basically impossible with any FX unit. Ground, Express, or Freight.

Not saying it didn't happen, but it was NOT a Fx power unit.
She said it was fed ex trailers nothing about the tractor.

Even if it were a ground truck they have cameras too....

My only guess is that it was a ground unit that was using a rental tractor with out the camera pinning the incident to him.

If there was a accident I'm sure there would be some camera footage triggered.

Bottom line..... Idiot driver.
She seen the fed ex trailers but didn't mention the tractor. Was told if the car would have touched the brakes the tractor would have literally ran over it.

Did you ever try purple weed :flame:
We had a set riding us the other night , right on us in the rain on the way home , Saia behind it.
I think I'd know enough to make a call like this after all the years I spent out there Sir F-bdy.

Not true. I've seen Express tractors tailgating dangerously, running RR crossings, etc. and thought WOW, they must not have the telematics we have!.

Lost a lot of respect for one Express driver, after witnessing egregious driving.

No way Ground has cameras, telematics, etc. In MOST contractor units.

:smilie93c peelout:

Last edited:
Not true. I've seen Express tractors tailgating dangerously, running RR crossings, etc. and thought WOW, they must not have the telematics we have!.

Lost a lot of respect for one Express driver, after witnessing egregious driving.

No way Ground has cameras, telematics, etc. In most contractor units.

I heard that our Peoplenet ELDs were about to be replaced with the Motive Companies setup. Probably the first step towards driver facing cameras and in cab audio monitoring.

No way
Ground has cameras, telematics, etc. In most contractor units.

When I worked for a contractor they had Cameras.... I know this because I was called on the carpet for my language when a drunk cut me off in Columbus. The owner of the truck thanked me for not taking the truck out.

He said he knew that brake were applied along with the horn..... So they do know all functions of the truck whether you want to believe it or not.