XPO | C-days

What does that mean exactly? You take a day off, at your convenience? My center tends to frown on that type of thing.

it was called a company convenience day .. if you were running short on hours during the week some terminals would let you take the night off and let some one else run and you would be able to run your run on a friday. I believe it was mostly done by the 60 hour terminals.

it was called a company convenience day .. if you were running short on hours during the week some terminals would let you take the night off and let some one else run and you would be able to run your run on a friday. I believe it was mostly done by the 60 hour terminals.

O.K.......that would explain it. We haven't been on 60 in quite a while. I had never heard the term before. Thanks...

they cut out the cc days just a couple of weeks ago. i guess they're just tryin to starve out the lower guys again. we had a memo last week about it. i talked to a couple other barns and they said they got the same memo.

c days could also be used for the big strappers who wanted to take a day off no pay so bottom guys could run

big strappers also get a little break which feels good and everyone needs sometimes.

i didnt know they got rid of them...

We were gitting them, but when all the layoff's came down they were gone. It is Co. policy not to give them in order to see the "Big Picture" and know how and where work is available. i.e. where they need help and where they need to cut DSR's.

they cut out the cc days just a couple of weeks ago. i guess they're just tryin to starve out the lower guys again. we had a memo last week about it. i talked to a couple other barns and they said they got the same memo.

I heard the same thing.

I don't understand the logic in cancelling the cc days. I am assuming there is some reason for it, I just don't what it is.

Rat :loser:

Convienece days were a win win deal. I don't recall they were so associated with HOS issuses as they were just being slow and or over-manned. If we had peeps to do the work and someone wanted off.....who cares?

I'll bet I asked for a convienece day as many as a dozen times over the years it was offered and, if memeory serves me, was never denied.

I can only imagine that the reason for discontinuing it was to burn up personal and vacation days early in the year....in case it gets busier. They'll be better manned, labor wise. Can anybody come up with a better reason......besides no reasonable explanation; which would beat my reason.

Convienece days were a win win deal. I don't recall they were so associated with HOS issuses as they were just being slow and or over-manned. If we had peeps to do the work and someone wanted off.....who cares?

I'll bet I asked for a convienece day as many as a dozen times over the years it was offered and, if memeory serves me, was never denied.

I can only imagine that the reason for discontinuing it was to burn up personal and vacation days early in the year....in case it gets busier. They'll be better manned, labor wise. Can anybody come up with a better reason......besides no reasonable explanation; which would beat my
reason.

Yeah, since this keeps you from rat-holing(if that's a good term to use) your PTO days and getting paid for them at the end of December. Extra vaction days also. If you take off, you have to use PTO or available vacation..

Yeah, since this keeps you from rat-holing(if that's a good term to use) your PTO days and getting paid for them at the end of December. Extra vaction days also. If you take off, you have to use PTO or available vacation..

And just when you think things can't get any dumber!!!...

Am really interested to hear what the official reason is
for discontinuing our convenience days.

<>​

No...No, I changed my mind. Long before the smoke clears, I can just begin to detect Conway's corporate speak gently massaging my last intestinal sphincter. They've got my full attention. I know what is about to happen and I don't like it.

That's when I wish I simply had not asked.

<>​

I survey the room and see that many of my co-workers don't even realize they have been violated. I quickly check myself over, looking for blood, signs of paralysis, and maybe some forensic evidence that would impress the producers of a new TV reality show. There is none 'cause the perps are professionals. Gradually, I come to my senses and the smoke clears. - The very same smoke that was forcefully blown up my butt, again.

And I feel dirty.​

O.K.......that would explain it. We haven't been on 60 in quite a while. I had never heard the term before. Thanks...
im on a 60 hr.week here in the midwest,great white north for you bob and doug mckinzie bros. fans. dont know what a 70 hr work week is? the c-days are not only if your running short but if you have guys that arnt running and want the night off unpaid you can sign up for them and let the bottom feeders run. weve had alot of guys not running at the bottom so it helps retain those employees for future layoffs,no just kidding, it helps them get some hours so maybe they will stick around longer,i hope.

weve had alot of guys not running at the bottom so it helps retain those employees for future layoffs,no just kidding, it helps them get some hours so maybe they will stick around longer,i hope.

HMMM!!!...You may be onto something here.

Lets see....not enough work for everybody...

Ummm!!!...don't allow the top of the heap people to take cc days...bottom people don't get to work.

(Stay with me here it only gets better!)

Bottom feeders get PO'd and quit...after all they have bills to pay and families to take care too!

And VOILA!!!...eliminate or reduce the number of necessary lay-offs...thereby reducing the amount being drawn off the company's unemployment insurance account.

VOILA!!!...significantly reduce the public reckoning and reporting of lay-offs and ECO terms giving the perception of strength and stability (afterall we &quot;must&quot; maintian the image!)

VOILA!!!...once again all is good in the &quot;Land of the Blue Tablecloth&quot;

HMMM!!!...You may be onto something here.

Lets see....not enough work for everybody...

Ummm!!!...don't allow the top of the heap people to take cc days...bottom people don't get to work.

(Stay with me here it only gets better!)

Bottom feeders get PO'd and quit...after all they have bills to pay and families to take care too!

And VOILA!!!...eliminate or reduce the number of necessary lay-offs...thereby reducing the amount being drawn off the company's unemployment insurance account.

VOILA!!!...significantly reduce the public reckoning and reporting of lay-offs and ECO terms giving the perception of strength and stability (afterall we &quot;must&quot; maintian the image!)

VOILA!!!...once again all is good in the &quot;Land of the Blue Tablecloth&quot;

couldnt have said it better my friend:bowdown: