XPO | C-days

I am afraid a large number of insurance companies; home, auto etc. are using Fico score as a major determinate of rates. If you have a low Fico, you are going to pay more for insurance. Since I don't borrow money, I have a low Fico, so my rates are higher than someone who carries a large amount of debt. Stupid way to do business, but, another sign of the times.
:bowdown:Fico Score :bowdown:

Prospective employers use FICO scores as well.

Prospective employers use FICO scores as well.

Funny thing is.......If I sent you a check today, for $4 million, it wouldn't change your Fico score, at all.

You could be wealthy enough to pay cash for a yacht, but, if they check Fico score to rent it for an hour, and you have a low Fico, you couldn't rent it.

STupid........:holysheep:

Funny thing is.......If I sent you a check today, for $4 million, it wouldn't change your Fico score, at all.

You could be wealthy enough to pay cash for a yacht, but, if they check Fico score to rent it for an hour, and you have a low Fico, you couldn't rent it.

STupid........:holysheep:
I like the way Dave Ramsey puts it; He doesn't have the FICO score to rent an apartment, but he has the cash to purchase the entire complex. lol

I don't think Con-way uses credit scores, or they didn't use to. My credit score was the pits when I started at this job. I couldn't even get a piece of candy financed.

They do not use credit scores...they may for positions directly involved with financial transactions...

I don't think Con-way uses credit scores, or they didn't use to. My credit score was the pits when I started at this job. I couldn't even get a piece of candy financed.

A few years after hiring on we all signed (under duress) a release allowing credit searches.

They do not use credit scores...they may for positions directly involved with financial transactions...
:hide:
From my recent experience, It appears they do use credit scores when hiring for the FOS position. The lower the score, the better! We hire you, you are hooked!:smilie_132:

:hide:
From my recent experience, It appears they do use credit scores when hiring for the FOS position. The lower the score, the better! We hire you, you are hooked!:smilie_132:

You say from your recent experience....what experience? Are you privy to the inner workings of the FOS hiring and selection process? Do you have an inside source in HR that informs you of the unwritten policy on these matters?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Rat :loser:

they are still available in some terminals.It is up to the TM to give them to anybody that needs it.

I haven't heard anything about a memo discontinuing cc days. Our tm still allows them. If there are only 20 l/h runs for the 23 bids, then they start at the top of the board and start asking down to see who wants to stay home. If you take a cc day on monday, chances are you won't have another chance the rest of the week. Everybody else gets a chance before you are asked again. I try to hold out till the end of the week to take mine. I have been taking about 1 cc day per week. Since it takes me almost an hour each way to drive to work, (not by choice, thanks to conway), it saves my gas and tolls. Then I can be well rested and hit the ob dock early the next day. Conway needs me!! LOL!! :Bondage: There are plenty of flex guys ready and willing to work. I don't believe they are offered to city dsrs tho. Its basically just a l/h, low freight volume thing at our barn. Some days its busy enough that nobody gets asked.

I haven't heard anything about a memo discontinuing cc days. Our tm still allows them. If there are only 20 l/h runs for the 23 bids, then they start at the top of the board and start asking down to see who wants to stay home. If you take a cc day on monday, chances are you won't have another chance the rest of the week. Everybody else gets a chance before you are asked again. I try to hold out till the end of the week to take mine. I have been taking about 1 cc day per week. Since it takes me almost an hour each way to drive to work, (not by choice, thanks to conway), it saves my gas and tolls. Then I can be well rested and hit the ob dock early the next day. Conway needs me!! LOL!! :Bondage: There are plenty of flex guys ready and willing to work. I don't believe they are offered to city dsrs tho. Its basically just a l/h, low freight volume thing at our barn. Some days its busy enough that nobody gets asked.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this......unless you want to apply some convoluted mathematical practices to it.