Estes | Can you be bumped off a board in a bid?

So if you have a scheduled run and have to run extra if your run is cancelled, do you have to stay out all week? Estes' linehaul system is set up so much differently than Con-way's, I'm really trying to figure out how it works. Going to call over to Athens tomorrow, talked to a city driver and he said they just posted something available, not sure whether it's city, flex or extra linehaul. I'll find out.

Cancelled,as in "run terminated"... I hear Athens is a good terminal to run out of...Dew could tell you more,he's on that side of the country,I'm in the swamps...

So if you have a scheduled run and have to run extra if your run is cancelled, do you have to stay out all week? Estes' linehaul system is set up so much differently than Con-way's, I'm really trying to figure out how it works. Going to call over to Athens tomorrow, talked to a city driver and he said they just posted something available, not sure whether it's city, flex or extra linehaul. I'll find out.
They've been swamped with freight lately. Good place to work. You can leave your doors unlocked in that area. The TM is big on appearance. "Shirt tail, shoes, hair, shave and smell good." Would help to shine your car also.

They've been swamped with freight lately. Good place to work. You can leave your doors unlocked in that area. The TM is big on appearance. "Shirt tail, shoes, hair, shave and smell good." Would help to shine your car also.

I'm not big on tucking in shirts, but I can handle the rest of it just fine. As a l/h driver I know you're not required to wear uniforms but can you get uni shirts or Estes t-shirts?

I'm not big on tucking in shirts, but I can handle the rest of it just fine. As a l/h driver I know you're not required to wear uniforms but can you get uni shirts or Estes t-shirts?

You're not "required" to wear uniform shirts, but if you ever hooked pups before,it might be wise to keep one or two in the truck with ya...Our mechanics seem to think the frame needs lubricating too...Haven't figured that one out yet..Funny though,none ever makes it to the U joints....Maybe we get government grants to purchase grease...

You're not "required" to wear uniform shirts, but if you ever hooked pups before,it might be wise to keep one or two in the truck with ya...Our mechanics seem to think the frame needs lubricating too...Haven't figured that one out yet..Funny though,none ever makes it to the U joints....Maybe we get government grants to purchase grease...

LOL we have the same problem over at Con-job. Nothing gets greased but the parts that don't need grease! I've hooked plenty of sets and would rather get their shirt dirty than mine any day.

Most road/city category, have no utility drivers..Or could be considered casual in most cases...You're not going to satisfy everyone, but the two board system seems to be working for 99% of the industry...Or, another idea,which most will love(laughing), total company seniority bidding...

Think you hit the nail on the head, 99% of the industry has a 2 board system Road and City, think maybe Vitran has a all Company board, now I went back to Linehaul from the Hub, because the run was cancelled at rebid and the only thing to do was Weds night start Linehaul, could have went Utility position but that means nothing, so am I still good for a Hub run if it comes up.
The reason why I went hub after being here over ten years was I needed to be home more often to take care of family and I would have the opportunity to go back to Linehaul someday, but now they have these tues and Weds starts, that is what you will have to go back on to get your TIME BACK.
Think about it the more years you have the more things you would have to chose from, makes sense, cause when Im 60 I really wont feel like running 600 miles a night anyway, would probably take one of those runs that dont pay that much but alot easier to do.
This company needs to make a change to be fair about things, we have guys with more years getting screwed at this place just because of Categories, now with a rebid every year, and them changing runs all the time alot of guys getting screwed by this so called FAIR system.
I must say since I went back on the Extra board I am doing well on the Paycheck but money aint everything, this guy is looking to go somewhere else for a fresh start where my time will matter from day one.

Only the hub and utility guys would benefit from a two board system and the city guys would benefit from the total time system. Can't have the drivers vote because they will never get enough to vote for a change that would benefit someone else. Truckers are some oid the selfish people I know. It don't matter if someone gets sick, fired or dies. "welp, I just moved up another spot."

Ya I know guys around here that would love this system to stay the way it is, just so they can keep there little hub runs, cause where I'm at they crapped all over us Linehaul guys and moved everything to hub, now all we have is a couple Linehaul runs and alot more hub.

quit crying. You knew the way estes runs there system when your hired. No one is forcing you to stay. Stay one place for awhile and make it work. Dont change the system because you think its not fair to you. It works for others. Your not the only driver they have to make happy