ABF | Caneras

This past week, I asked InfoRoundtable whether ABF had any plans to put driver-facing cameras in their trucks within the next two years. I got a private answer back,....(I seem to get a lot of those these days,...Maybe what I'm asking is making them uncomfortable....)....that said: "At this time, ABF is not looking to install cameras in their trucks."......Gee,.......and I thought they were as enamoured of new technology as any other company......You don't think that the fact that about 75% of us can immediately retire,...or are very close to it,.....if ABF makes another insulting choice regarding potential discipline, and infringement of privacy,.....would have anything to do with that decision, do you?

I think ABF is being smart right now..I still say, in 10 years, you'll see cameras in all trucks...because the companies will see the liability benefit. It's a win for all. Just my opinion.

I think ABF is being smart right now..I still say, in 10 years, you'll see cameras in all trucks...because the companies will see the liability benefit. It's a win for all. Just my opinion.

Maybe,.....Especially if you're giving a 10 year window,........But technology changes so fast,.especially in trucking,...you may not need "driver" facing cameras by then. A liability shift to the driver will be a moot point. ....But that is the only reason driver-facing cameras are used today,....to attempt to alleviate most,...if not all,....liability from the company, in the event of an "incident"....Same with the push for mandatory sleep-apnea tests for transportation workers. Safety,....is NOT the primary goal, here.

Maybe,.....Especially if you're giving a 10 year window,........But technology changes so fast,.especially in trucking,...you may not need "driver" facing cameras by then. A liability shift to the driver will be a moot point. ....But that is the only reason driver-facing cameras are used today,....to attempt to alleviate most,...if not all,....liability from the company, in the event of an "incident"....Same with the push for mandatory sleep-apnea tests for transportation workers. Safety,....is NOT the primary goal, here.

Let me rephrase something here; I think there will be forward facing cameras in all the trucks..that's all you need.

Let me rephrase something here; I think there will be forward facing cameras in all the trucks..that's all you need.

Aha!......now that's a good thing,........and a step in the right direction as far as liability goes,...........Start a massive publicity campaign to inform the general public that their "actions" in front of trucks are now being recorded...............Maybe we'd better post it on Twitter so people can read it on their cell phone while driving.........

I was delivering to a Ford dealership and a random guy walks up and asks what's in the window. So I tell him. He goes " good ! " with great delight. Goes on to talk about how they need those in all trucks and what a great advantage to safety it is. He gets done with his speech and I reply " and that is exactly why they should have it in ALL vehicles ". He gets a shocked stunned look. Mutters something and walks away. I guess it's fun to take freedoms from others but not nearly as much fun to be compromised yourself.

I was delivering to a Ford dealership and a random guy walks up and asks what's in the window. So I tell him. He goes " good ! " with great delight. Goes on to talk about how they need those in all trucks and what a great advantage to safety it is. He gets done with his speech and I reply " and that is exactly why they should have it in ALL vehicles ". He gets a shocked stunned look. Mutters something and walks away. I guess it's fun to take freedoms from others but not nearly as much fun to be compromised yourself.

Hah!.....Good one!..........And your statement: "I guess it's fun to take freedom from others but not nearly as much fun to be compromised yourself."................is probably the slogan of an unnamed political party in this country,....especially regarding Campaign Finance......

Hah!.....Good one!..........And your statement: "I guess it's fun to take freedom from others but not nearly as much fun to be compromised yourself."................is probably the slogan of an unnamed political party in this country,....especially regarding Campaign Finance......

All politicians are crooks. If you believe you know of an honest politician, you got duped.

They honestly think they're not crooks..........Which shows you how good of a politician they are,..........They've even fooled themselves.........