Career Ending Operation???

Yes people need things to occupy them. And yes I am occupied in the real world as it is.

Even if I wanted to head back out with a load two of three conditions prevent me from doing so under Federal DOT Medical qualifications and thats pernament. Which is sort of ok because Ive had my run out there all these years. I would hate to be inside a monitored cage with nannies everywhere. For a variety of reasons I value my freedom. Such as it is.

You have done very well detailing this thread with the situation regarding your work medically and I will be the last one to want to derail anything. If you have any more updates in future, write. We'll be watching for news.

UPDATE: Sept. 15, 2020

ok, got a call from my lawyer, regarding a possible settlement offer.

so i had to call him back, as i was at the range, having mucho funno shooting.

anyway's my lawyer had told the insurance lawyer, i very well may say NO, to the offer.

and i did...it was a ridiculously LOW BALL offer. hardly enough for me to buy a dozen eggs, gallon of milk and a tank of gasoline, after MY lawyer takes his 20% fee, which is allowed by law, in my state for workman's comp settlements.

so he and i "chatted" a bit today, and he told me that he now has to show "good faith" in talks, by offering to accept less, then he first demand, months ago.

that "good faith" second demand, will be about $10,000 less this time.

anyway, i went along with that, after he explained what my claim is really worth in his view, not mine.

it's just the way it works, come settlement time.

there will be a Medicare Set Aside amount of money, that does not change the actual settlement to me.

that "set aside money", i get in a separate check, and i have to open up another bank account, and leave it there, for ANYTHING, relating to my back. this money is what Medicare REQUIRES that i use up, BEFORE Medicare takes over and pays out any monies for anything back related to this injury.

that set aside money stays with me till my death...then gets to go to whomever i set up in my family to get it. otherwise, i cannot ever "cash it in" or use it for anything else....dammit, no Harley-Davidson trike for me.....

just minutes ago, i called my CPA/Financial Planner to tell him about this future settlement, as i'd want to invest it in some sort og high yielding annuity, to then get monthly payments, to supplement my SS checks.

all this is in the very near future, and sooner or later now, all this BS i have gone thru, which i had documented here, will FINALLY come to an end.

i cannot stress it enough, that this thread, of now nearly 800 posts, (and over 6.6.5 years) was to educate some of you in the pitfalls of getting hurt on the job, and the never ending BS an insurance company WILL DO TO YOU, if you do not have an attorney, or even still WHEN YOU DO HAVE, an attorney........!!!!!

IT JUST NEVER ENDS..!!!!!!!!

not that all of you even needed to be educated, i am certain many of you are well aware of the workman's comp BS, but you may know someone that someday may very well get hurt, and you can (hopefully) help educate that person in some way.

let it also be remembered that some injuries, like mine, can be permanently disabling, while some, you can return to work, after x amount of time healing.

no 2 workman comp cases, are the same.

i'll keep you posted in any settlement coming.

as always, PLEASE i beg of you to not start a thread, here in my thread, so that this dose not get hijacked, as so many are following this soap opera of agony.

thanks for your cooperation, and understanding.

best regards..

pro

UPDATE: Oct. 5, 2020

well this sucks big time.

i never got the approval for new x-rays, and my appointment with the doctor is via telephone at 10:30 AM today...

so i gotta cancel.

there is yet another reason for the cancellation, and that will be in another thread, as to not side-track this one.

docs office pushed my appointment for the 15th of this month. hopefully long before that, the x-ray approval would have come in.

one problem solved for today.

now onto the other one.

I had a lightbulb.

A 100 dollar xray picture would prove damning to those who must pay you in settlement or after Judgement obtained against them.

Why not cough up 100 cash?

I had a lightbulb.

A 100 dollar xray picture would prove damning to those who must pay you in settlement or after Judgement obtained against them.

Why not cough up 100 cash?
i would have to wait several weeks for reimbursement's.

that and i just feel that it is not my responsibility to pay anything out of pocket.

they, (the insurance company) owns this claim, lock stock and barrel.

and x-rays are a wee bit more than $100.

when i had an x-ray done on my kidneys, for my urologist, i got the Blue Cross statement saying what they paid out, and that x-ray was $285.

of course i did not have to pay, but Blue Cross was telling me, what they paid, and the original bill was for $350 for that x-ray.

the x-ray people accepted the $285 as payment in full.

so....$100 x-ray...??????

I am outdated. The last one at my personal doctor's office was 100 flat. It was a simple picture in those days.

I had three digital xrays taken of spine two weeks ago its a little over a thousand dollars plus the MRI series pending which is more.

I am outdated. The last one at my personal doctor's office was 100 flat. It was a simple picture in those days.

I had three digital xrays taken of spine two weeks ago its a little over a thousand dollars plus the MRI series pending which is more.
CT's and MRI's are (at least here) $5,000 each. no matter how many pictures are taken.

CT's and MRI's are (at least here) $5,000 each. no matter how many pictures are taken.

My first one 15 years ago at the hospital's new multimillion dollar machine ran a cool 20,000 in billing total during a survey for problems. Two hours of it. I remember that machine needing that coolant at the end. Today's MRIs have gotten better with less metal but stronger in gauss. We were with the hospital then and they just tossed the bill. Chalked it to learning materials for those who were going to be full doctors some day.

I don't want to high jack this subject. I am very interested in seeing you get taken care of properly in the end when this is all over. Its really hard to get someone to cough up money, but yet so easy to pay them anything. They will take it.

UPDATE: October 14, 2020

well, i put in a call to the doctors office, left a message, that I still did not get the x-ray approval, and the appointment as far as i know, is till on for tomorrow, via phone.

in other news, it has been now nearly 2 weeks since my last w/c check!

i called my lawyer to inform him of no check, last week.

apparently, the insurance adjuster on my case, "took leave" from the job..what kind of leave?

i could care less frankly

oh yeah, and here is yet another laughable thing that has happened MORE THAN ONCE before this..

it appears that my name "fell off" the recurring payment roll.........

HOW DA EF'in hell does this even happen, in the first place? let alone now, the 3rd manybe 4th time for the past 6.5 years..????

so now, i have to HOPE and pray that not one, but 2 checks come in THIS WEEK..

i cannot see my home owners insurance, car insurance, property taxes DUE, will let me slide, cuz the insurance compny screwed up.

EVERYONE wants thier money.

i think this is done on PURPOSE, to get me to settle for peanuts, rather than a bigger payout.

i will HOLD STRONG, with things that are currently going on with my mom (in another thread), this old house and such.

they (the insurance company) will simply NOT WIN this battle.

I have had to do battle with some banks. When I realized just how hard they have become this year I took advantage of certain situations to resolve it the hard way.

Its resolved now.

I don't like what is coming in future of money as it were because all of my (Actually very few...) regular billing companies like insurance this insurance that and electric company etc are getting pretty hard too. The electric bill is levelized and I am 88 short this year. The company will add that to the current bill next month and I will have 150 ready so they can close the books on 2020 billing with a even balance.

Oh yes they will take money. ALOT of it very fast. I rather guide my semi on ice through a whiteout in the Bitterroots than to navigate the various creditors making wild demands this year. Some of whom are going out as a candle goes in the strong wind.

They want their money.

No one has money.

So they go out of existence. What then?

I swear you can nuke America into a parking lot today and next week the normal payment due bills will go out or be autodrafted at the bank etc.

UPDATE: November 12, 2020

guys, PLEASE, do not start conversations about your stuff here in my thread. i had asked nicely before and a mod asked as well.

please refrain from hijacking this thread.

is that TOO MUCH to ask..??????

that being said, i have been in need of x-rays since April. thanks in part to covid, and no in person doctor visits. my last x-ray showed "shadowing" around the large crew from my pelvis to the hip (about a 3 inch long screw.

this shadowing can be the result of bone deterioration, or some other problem.

this shadowing NEEDS to be addressed.

the insurance company has thus far, for the past 3 MONTHS NOT given approval of a much needed x-rays..

the lawyers went to court a couple of days ago, the 10th in fact, to get the approval..

here is what my lawyer sent me, in an email earlier this morning..

"The judge is holding it for a couple of weeks because he wants me to get a letter from the doctor that says he’s waiting for the xray and won’t see you until it is done"

well doh...just the mere FACT that they went to court for the x-rays should have been enough.

as it is now, there still isn't "any talks" going on for a settlement.

it's like the insurance wanted me to settle, but for pennies.

now that i am demanding DOLLARS, they stall, and stall, all the while hoping that i will give up...

'screw them'

UPDATE: November 19, 2020

ok, so to get to it, i had a phone chat with my lawyer. the talks of a settlement are still ongoing.

we go high, they low ball, back and forth, back and forth.

this will continue to take time.

what my lawyer did tell me is that, even when my case settles, my SS will still be "offset by the settlement award. it could be a very tiny bit, or quite a bit, he really does not know right now.

but christ, i earned that SS, and i want it all. as it is now, i only get a portion of it, due to the weekly workers comp checks.

anyway's, the game is still playing, albeit in the office, rather than the courtrooms.

as it is, when a case gets settled, everyone goes to court, the injured person gets sworn in, testifies to a few questions, done deal.

lawyer told me, all i have to do now (this is all due to covid crisis) is to fill out an affidavit, sign it, judge reads it, done deal.

but god only knows when, all this will take place.

Hang in there. You will have money coming when the settlement is all done, and Social Security will lumber along in it's own time and amount.

You are doing very well. I see nothing to add or say because I don't want to get into any more trouble. Nothing but good thoughts. Waiting is tough as I suppose as Truckers we know how to wait.

UPDATE: November 24, 2020

well...the day has finally come....

my lawyer emailed me, regarding the insurance company's "final offer", and i accepted it.

now, i still have to wait for paperwork to read over, at my lawyers office, this and that, so on and so forth.

hopefully before the end of December, of 2020.......this will be a done deal, and i can live free and not have to worry about the insurance company's BS anymore.

there will be a "set aside" amount of money, to satisfy Medicare in case of future doctor visits, x-rays, MRI's, and operations if need, be, and when that "set aside" money is depleted, THEN Medicare takes over any payments for the above mentioned things.

whew.......6 years, and nearly 8 months later........

this real life horror show will be over.

stay tuned.......!!!

Reactions: mud
UPDATE: November 24, 2020

well...the day has finally come....

my lawyer emailed me, regarding the insurance company's "final offer", and i accepted it.

now, i still have to wait for paperwork to read over, at my lawyers office, this and that, so on and so forth.

hopefully before the end of December, of 2020.......this will be a done deal, and i can live free and not have to worry about the insurance company's BS anymore.

there will be a "set aside" amount of money, to satisfy Medicare in case of future doctor visits, x-rays, MRI's, and operations if need, be, and when that "set aside" money is depleted, THEN Medicare takes over any payments for the above mentioned things.

whew.......6 years, and nearly 8 months later........

this real life horror show will be over.

stay tuned.......!!!
Howdy Pro1,

From 11-12, "screw them" to today "offer accepted", well 12 days for THE Settlement is quite admirable on their end, and yours as well.

CHEERS!!

Howdy Pro1,

From 11-12, "screw them" to today "offer accepted", well 12 days for THE Settlement is quite admirable on their end, and yours as well.

CHEERS!!
i simply was not going to "give in" for the pennies they wanted me to accept, to be rid of me.

all the years of actual hardships they put me thru, like my name "falling off" the recurrent payment list, to denying treatments or operations, to delaying those weekly checks. my financial situation WORSENED each time the checks stopped coming.....and i cannot tell you what i had to ultimately do.......that alone should have said a lot right there.

all this crap from them, was thier way to get me out of this earlier, and i simply refused to cave in to them.

and thank god i did refuse, as i ended up needing 2 additional operations after the first one back in 2014, just weeks after the injury.

there is no "punitive damage awards" in this state for worker's comp claims,(and all the hardships they put me thru) but my "refusal to accept a pennies settlement", was MY PUNITIVE DAMAGES AWARD, and they are now HAVING TO PAY.....!!!!

let this be a learning lesson, to all of those that are still employed, on how important it is to obtain a worker's comp lawyer ASAP of getting injured. you NEED protection from the insurance company, and maybe even your employer. as it is now, my former employer went out of business back in 2017, like around spring/summer time.

but never be fooled into thinking that your employer will take you back, once you are healed, and fit to return to work..

you would be sorely mistaken, as you are now "damaged goods", and a liability to them.

there is still more to do with this claim as i said earlier, and i will (when it is time) come back here and update again.

as requested, i really do appreciate several things from all of you..

1) your interest in this on going saga

2) your questions when they were asked for any clarifications

3) and most importantly, not hijacking this thread, so that others can pop in and follow this drama, and not be distracted from all hijackings.

Happy Thanksgiving Day....

"i shall return".............