Career Ending Operation???

UPDATE: April 13, 2021

lawyers went to court on the 6th, to get the judge to sign the final decree.....

he didn't do it.

seems like he wants better confirmation regarding a bill from the hospital. apparently, my doctor did a little more than what was approved by the impartial doctor to the case.

so the next court date will be coming up in about 1 week. hopefully, that stuff would have been taken care of, and i can get that final decree letter, to take to SS for my full SS monthly checks.

more when it becomes available.

UPDATE: April 20, 2021

my lawyer got back to me. now the final decree is pushed back to May 11th.

there is still some question as to the final payment to the hospital whether or not it has been paid.

in the meantime, i still do not get my full SS disability checks.

UPDATE: May 12, 2021

ok, i finally got the final decree paperwork from my lawyers office. they went to court yesterday (may 11th).

Now, i called the SS office, and find that i have to mail it to them, which i will do via certified mail, to make sure they get it, about 1 mile from my house...lol

they do not allow people to go in person, due to the covid restrictions.

i will "mail it" tomorrow morning, as i have had too many things to do here, with contractors, phone calls, regarding my house..

then i was working on my ccw permit paperwork, as well.. just too busy today.

it'll take some time for the SS people to catch me up to my full SS disability monthly checks.

i can only "surmise", that i will get some "back monies" from the time the case settled up to now.

i'll keep you all informed.

ONE more thing...

regarding the outstanding bill from the hospital, that my surgeon apparently did more of an operation than what he was given the go ahead to do, and that is that the bill had been paid.

so i should not have to worry about getting any bills, but if i do, my lawyer said to contact him.

SSDI pays backpay from date of application sent.

Takes about a year for a case to reach in front of a Administrative SSA Judge. You are asked questions and a advocate presents supporting information. There are two things to remember.

If you hire a Lawyer to file claim etc through SSA the Judge will have to approve between 25 to 45% of backpay that is due you to that lawyer as a fee. When I filed I did it on my own and the State presented a advocate after their workplace office decided I was too sick for anything. I think it came out to a total of 14 months on first check.

That's the end of my post regarding the disability from SSA. This will help you understand whats coming.

ONE more thing...

regarding the outstanding bill from the hospital, that my surgeon apparently did more of an operation than what he was given the go ahead to do, and that is that the bill had been paid.

so i should not have to worry about getting any bills, but if i do, my lawyer said to contact him.
I generally go to the Hospital's Records office with ID etc. Then pull ALL surgery records from the office printer. My last one came out to 60 pages plus and revealed certain information not disclosed during surgery and after. I keep them for a while.

You have every right to pull and read near to original records replicated for you on demand. Do not let them try to redact anything. Some patients get redacted supposedly to protect their limited well being etc.

SSDI pays backpay from date of application sent.

Takes about a year for a case to reach in front of a Administrative SSA Judge. You are asked questions and a advocate presents supporting information. There are two things to remember.

If you hire a Lawyer to file claim etc through SSA the Judge will have to approve between 25 to 45% of backpay that is due you to that lawyer as a fee. When I filed I did it on my own and the State presented a advocate after their workplace office decided I was too sick for anything. I think it came out to a total of 14 months on first check.

That's the end of my post regarding the disability from SSA. This will help you understand whats coming.
no, i am already getting a "percentage" of my SS disability now. as i was also on w/c, there was what is called an "offset" to the SS monies.

when i first applied for SS disability, i was granted it on the first try.

that was about 3 years ago i believe.??

so all that is or should be happening, is that SS "see's", that i am finally off w/c, and can go ahead and get my full disability ss checks, rather than that small percentage.

but there "should be" some back monies from the time my case settled about 2-3 months ago.

like you perhaps??? i cannot dance for joy, as i also cannot run.
if so much as a chihuahua were to chase me down, he'd enjoy a gigantic Italian meatball...
quite a few things i cannot do anymore, due to the massive amounts of metal in me.
but life is still rather good. i am alive, my family is doing fine, and i get to the shooting range weekly, sometimes up to 3 times a week. and soon to be applying for a CCW permit.

i think that most importantly, i am grateful to this website for allowing my thread to continue, mostly untouched by others going into different directions. staying focused on the subject at hand, was appreciated.

i can NEVER stress it enough to anyone who has been following this thread, how important it is to hire a lawyer ASAP. time is of the essence as far as time limitations in many states, to hire an attorney, to file a workman's comp claim.
it would be up to the individual employee to decide to return to work at the employer where the injury got hurt, or seek a new employer.

let it be known too, that if one decides to take a settlement, you MUST resign from your job, at least here in my state you do. that and the fact that the employer may not even take you back, since you are"damaged goods", and a liability now.

in my case, my now former employer, actually went out of business in 2017, if i recall, and i found that out by accident. i wasn't even concerned or looking.
also as i have stated, by RI state law, maybe it's USA wide? the w/c lawyers are paid BY w/c, not you!

it is all free for you, the injured worker. then of course, when you do settle? they get a percentage, by law, for a set amount. here, it is 22% of the settlement.

frankly, to me, it is worth it, for all my attorney did. he had no less than 5 expandable file folders for my case. that goes to show, the many times we had to go to court, one petition after another.
one denial after another. one operation after another.
but i know the insurance company's end game....to get you to settle FAST..to be done with you...
I.DID.NOT. GIVE.UP.

i told my lawyer that i ain't about to cow down to the insurance morons. and i'm glad i stayed the course. had i settled earlier? i think that the additional operations would have been costly to me. would you think so..???

it cost the insurance company a whole lot of money, good, they deserved the BS i put them thru, in retaliation to what they did to me.
NEVER try to go it alone if you get hurt. you will be bullied

It's been a long trail , I'm glad things have finally smoothed out for you our old friend .
yes, it has been, and i fully do appreciate the website keeping this thread up.

(as i also appreciated you keeping the thread on topic)

it was done i think if i recall, to be sorta like a diary of events.

man, did it ever turn out to be a nightmare at times.

if it weren't for the insurance doctor, who i dubbed, Dr. No, or Dr. Denial, there just wouldn't have been so many posts.

or so many court appearances

or so many expandable file folders for my lawyer.

in all fairness, i had no animosity towards the lawyer for the insurance company.

hell, we chatted it up a few times about the football season..

still a bit more to come, i will let you know when the full SS checks start coming in.

then i will ask something at that time.

no, i am already getting a "percentage" of my SS disability now. as i was also on w/c, there was what is called an "offset" to the SS monies.

when i first applied for SS disability, i was granted it on the first try.

that was about 3 years ago i believe.??

so all that is or should be happening, is that SS "see's", that i am finally off w/c, and can go ahead and get my full disability ss checks, rather than that small percentage.

but there "should be" some back monies from the time my case settled about 2-3 months ago.
I was also getting a partial payment from SSDI and it was 13 months for them to approve the final payment and deposit the back payment into my account in a lump fund amount.

I dislike court things.

If it is possible to take a cup of coffee and make a case that its too cold while another argues it's too hot it will become weeks of arguing the case on both sides. Using big words, latin and certain higher education stuff we have never heard of regarding that coffee cup.

We have in the past found it necessary to engage the courthouse and have been fortunate to have the cases disposed of in a speedy manner.

Now if I can find me some of that plain down home coffee from Greensboro by the bag I would be very happy.

I dislike court things.

If it is possible to take a cup of coffee and make a case that its too cold while another argues it's too hot it will become weeks of arguing the case on both sides. Using big words, latin and certain higher education stuff we have never heard of regarding that coffee cup.

We have in the past found it necessary to engage the courthouse and have been fortunate to have the cases disposed of in a speedy manner.

Now if I can find me some of that plain down home coffee from Greensboro by the bag I would be very happy.
as a retired person, since the day of my injury, court dates were handled with some ease.

i did not have to take time from work, or lose any sleep (if i worked nights, and slept during the day).

the only really annoying thing about my court dates, was if they were in the afternoon, and i missed my nap.

so i really did mention to my lawyer, to "please make all court dates in the mornings".

i gave no specific reasons why

and frankly after that?

all court dates were in the mornings!

"i wanted my Maypo, and i wanted my naps"...........lol

Naps.

I still struggle with them sometimes. Dispatcher in my ear hollering, that aints time to sleep, get going yer late.

It will be a while before hes out of there as well. Ive learned to run a sub speaker under bed with cat at high idle looped. Perfect Z generator.

UPDATE: July 12, 2021

if anyone were to say that the government runs smoothly or efficiently, call me so i can go over to thier house, and kick them in the frigging teeth.

by CERTIFIED MAIL, with a return receipt at the cost of $8.00, to go oh maybe 1/2 to 3/4's of a mile from the post office, to the SS Admin building downtown, back in mid May.....

they "can't find" my paperwork...........

like WTF.....???

i said to the gal that answered to phone promptly at 9 AM when i called today, asking for an update on my claim..

i told her the name of the person accepting the mail, the date it was accepted (2 days later).

she said she cannot find my paperwork.

the forms are always scanned into the computer, mine have not been.

i was told that many of the SS people are still working from home......

like WTF.....???

so, i hurriedly called my lawyer, but i saved the final decree in my emails from him, and asked him when it was signed by the judge, and yup, i found that.....

the final decree was signed on March 3rd, but it took forever to be processed and i got it, via email early to mid May, then mailed it in.

so as the gal said at the SS office, i have to send it all in again, at yet another cost of $8.00, and to include a letter from me, saying my w/c case has ended.......i was NOT told that the first, time, that's what the FINAL DECREE STATES..!!!!!!

like WTF....???

so here i sit, and actually GLAD that i made that phone call for that update, on my claim.

i can place blame on the A-stereotypical guberment worker, the covid crises, and the A-stereotypical guberment worker.

how could the ordinary, average US Citizen be held at fault..?? when YOU DO AS INSTRUCTED..???

oh yeah, one more thing, i was told the FIRST time, to put my SS number on the paperwork....and I DID...

and THIS TIME..??

every god forsaken piece of paperwork i sent in again..??

HAS my SS number on it

which is why the certified mail, to (hopefully) secure my information

like WTF....???

teeth kicking time.......

The Covid-19 turned everything into a real :shit:show.
Hoping that person gave you the wrong information and your paperwork is on file.
When I filed with SS that my comp case was now closed at the time I was receiving partial SSDI,..
After comp case closed and I filed for the full SSDI Amount it took them 14 months to get me caught up with back pay.

this was before the COVID-19 crap.
So in the end you won’t lose any money it just gonna take a while to get your money back from SSDI.

The Covid-19 turned everything into a real ****show.
Hoping that person gave you the wrong information and your paperwork is on file.
When I filed with SS that my comp case was now closed at the time I was receiving partial SSDI,..
After comp case closed and I filed for the full SSDI Amount it took them 14 months to get me caught up with back pay.

this was before the COVID-19 crap.
So in the end you won’t lose any money it just gonna take a while to get your money back from SSDI.
oh, i know i will get back pay from them, but the downright stupidity of it all. we have to jump thru hops, dot each i and cross each T, and if we don't they reject it.

but if THEY screw up, we have to do it all over again..???

Yes.

Chase after everything that moves on paper with documents in your hand. Ready to show the Social Security Administrative Judge whats specifically what.

It took 15 months for mine to resolve in front of a judge. Little Rock did gain possession of my actual handwritten applications and other records dating to when I was born. Reading that folder what was couriered to Little Rock from some dusty federal archives was a form of schooling in of itself.

That file combined from both Federal and State archives in the original consisted of a folder or two when stacked on a table sits about 2 inches high. All of that contents pertained to me specifically in some way. Particularly wages earned over my lifetime to the penny.

Never mind the blessed 8 dollars. I would hate to see that as a thing that breaks the camels back after overgross weight.

Sounds like SSA is deliberately being obtuse. Your Judge banged the gavel on your entire case and says to Uncle Sam to PAY you.

Well between getting the order from the Judge to cough up money to your pocket are sometimes two very different problems of themselves.

Last edited:
As a side note. I have a mental memory of going into Canadian Customs at Winsdor. Go through several buildings and floors of staffers waiting in a series of lines with other truckers.

Finally walk up to the broker in charge of your specific inbound load, They in their little office is surrounded by mountains of papers on all 4 walls to the ceiling with overflowing desks with more paperwork choking the whole staff.

They look at me (Who they never met before in their life) and reach into the mountain and pick the exact load that's on my trailer so I can go back to Mr Customs Rubber stamp to be released to go on to Toronto and delivery it.