ABF | Cell phone ELD

Who said? A previous employer (Teamster of course) certainly did lend me a tractor and P&D trailer over Labor Day weekend to move myself when I bought my house.

And as far as my.phone, I never lent it to anyone, it was always in my possession. As I said earlier, don't pick the fly ::::shit:::: out of the pepper. Pick your battles for important ::::shit::::, not trivial crap.
Must have been RTL, back in the old days they would lend us trucks most any weekend.
They hauled my dock material free from Roanoke to Charl.

Just wait till Judy finds out you don't need the Eld's and the expense if you drive units made before 2000. She'll start buying back all the old units sold to third world countries. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Nah....no ELD means no wasting of management's time selectively micro managing drivers (the trouble makers who file grievances) to see if they are stealing time....kind of ironic, isn't it?

How do these multi billion dollar companies not have the money to purchase e.l.d for their tractors? What do these companies do with all the profits they make? You have to invest some back into the company.
Every truck is equipped with an ELD. That is not the problem. Everyone seems to confuse the handhelds with an ELD. The problem is guys taking the handhelds with them when they get out of the truck. They think it’s their own personal property. I get into a truck a couple of times a week and guys have taken them to the hotel with them. We have signs posted to leave them in the truck but it does no good.

Every truck is equipped with an ELD. That is not the problem. Everyone seems to confuse the handhelds with an ELD. The problem is guys taking the handhelds with them when they get out of the truck. They think it’s their own personal property. I get into a truck a couple of times a week and guys have taken them to the hotel with them. We have signs posted to leave them in the truck but it does no good.
Sounds like they need to discipline the drivers doing that.

Ha Ha. Good luck with that. They have more pressing issues to worry about. Like guys speeding….lol
I know things will never be perfect, but i would never want to make another drivers job harder than it has to be. The equipment is not our it belongs to the company we work for. What happens if the hand held gets stolen at motel or left when it should be in the truck?

Who said? A previous employer (Teamster of course) certainly did lend me a tractor and P&D trailer over Labor Day weekend to move myself when I bought my house.

And as far as my.phone, I never lent it to anyone, it was always in my possession. As I said earlier, don't pick the fly ::::shit:::: out of the pepper. Pick your battles for important ::::shit::::, not trivial crap.
That Was that a horse named Tractor & a flat bed wagon. :lmao:

Last edited:
That Was that a horse named Tractor & a flat bed trailer. :lmao:
Hey Hook, don't make fun of my trusty steed. When he passed peacefully many years ago I had him stuffed and mounted on a pedestal and placed him in my front yard along side the Edsel and Studebaker already there. Of course I left room for the Yellow Volvo tractor I hope to acquire very soon. :smile new:

If the signs don't work then maybe your managers need to step away from their phones and do their jobs.

Uninformed person here, are you saying your tractors have permanently installed touchscreens where drivers enter there info? At Yellow we used "Work Plan" (Verizon I believe) system. There was no display/input device permanently installed in the tractor. Every driver had a hand held device (or app on cell phone) which communicated with tractor via Bluetooth. We logged on and went on duty when we started work/got dispatched, then on the ready line, started up the tractor and then linked the handheld ELD to that particular tractor.

Hey Hook, don't make fun of my trusty steed. When he passed peacefully many years ago I had him stuffed and mounted on a pedestal and placed him in my front yard along side the Edsel and Studebaker already there. Of course I left room for the Yellow Volvo tractor I hope to acquire very soon. :smile new:
Couldn't find a Volvo Tri, how abought a nice F model Mack?

Uninformed person here, are you saying your tractors have permanently installed touchscreens where drivers enter there info? At Yellow we used "Work Plan" (Verizon I believe) system. There was no display/input device permanently installed in the tractor. Every driver had a hand held device (or app on cell phone) which communicated with tractor via Bluetooth. We logged on and went on duty when we started work/got dispatched, then on the ready line, started up the tractor and then linked the handheld ELD to that particular tractor.
I think this is where everyone is confused. In order for your handheld to communicate with the truck, there has to be a ELD unit connected to the computer system in the truck. The handheld is not the ELD, only a portal to display the information being recorded by the ELD. This is why once you log into your operating system, you can use a phone, laptop, tablet , etc….

I think this is where everyone is confused. In order for your handheld to communicate with the truck, there has to be a ELD unit connected to the computer system in the truck. The handheld is not the ELD, only a portal to display the information being recorded by the ELD. This is why once you log into your operating system, you can use a phone, laptop, tablet , etc….
Got it, a little semantic confusion. Of course the sender unit is the technical ELD and the handheld is just the display/portal/human interface. I guess we've all been using ELD terminology generically for the most part. So basically your system is similar to the one we had at Yellow it seems. I guess I was confused by the comments earlier where drivers took their handhelds to the motel. I guess I don't understand why that would be a problem. If a P&D driver wanted to use that tractor while the road driver was sleeping I believe the P&D driver could release the road driver from the tractor link (if the road driver hadn't already done so) and log himself to that tractor for his own use. Am I missing something here? Or are you perhaps saying a specific handheld is linked to one specific tractor? Just trying to learn something here.