FedEx Freight | Changes coming in June?

I'm hearing there will be a hiring freeze, to "facilitate integration" of the operating companies. :scratchhead:

Yay! That sounds like the fun part.... :clapping:

A recent video already told us they are integrating (that word again) all procurement, contract (?) negotiations. Sourcing and negotiating will be as ONE FedEx.

Already some of the intranet resources have "migrated" somewhere... Who knows? But, as bad as the search/keyword function was before, it seems horribly worse now. Too many results that are express/ramp related. Common topics "not found". Links that go nowhere. Give it a try at you local Center. Let us know how it goes.

At least I was still able to see my current check stub. But that's provided by a third party... No, I'm not doing an App for that.

Wonder when (if) we'll be told officially about all this...

:smilie93c peelout::popcorn::smilie93c peelout:

Doesn’t sound too positive with all of the secrecy Swamp. Freight has been very slow for some time but the rail is extremely busy. If many people weren’t taking days off many would be sitting at home at a time of year we should be back to being busy. I don’t know but after 29 years something just doesn’t seem right.

I'm hearing there will be a hiring freeze, to "facilitate integration" of the operating companies. :scratchhead:

Yay! That sounds like the fun part.... :clapping:

A recent video already told us they are integrating (that word again) all procurement, contract (?) negotiations. Sourcing and negotiating will be as ONE FedEx.

Already some of the intranet resources have "migrated" somewhere... Who knows? But, as bad as the search/keyword function was before, it seems horribly worse now. Too many results that are express/ramp related. Common topics "not found". Links that go nowhere. Give it a try at you local Center. Let us know how it goes.

At least I was still able to see my current check stub. But that's provided by a third party... No, I'm not doing an App for that.

Wonder when (if) we'll be told officially about all this...

:smilie93c peelout::popcorn::smilie93c peelout:
we will be told 3 months after it's in place or get our info from truckingboards like we always do, just sayin

Doesn’t sound too positive with all of the secrecy Swamp. Freight has been very slow for some time but the rail is extremely busy. If many people weren’t taking days off many would be sitting at home at a time of year we should be back to being busy. I don’t know but after 29 years something just doesn’t seem right.
Truth.

Again, we WERE told Freight would be kept separate. OK, then why are we being effected at all?

I suspect the hiring freeze is to give them time to sort the uncertain staffing needs as this INTEGRATION plays out. Options for the most part. There are going to be too many people. NOT just drivers.

Silence is deafening - speculation is all we have at his time. So, connect the dots is what we do. And there are A LOT of dots popping up.

:popcorn:

Truth.

Again, we WERE told Freight would be kept separate. OK, then why are we being effected at all?

I suspect the hiring freeze is to give them time to sort the uncertain staffing needs as this INTEGRATION plays out. Options for the most part. There are going to be too many people. NOT just drivers.

Silence is deafening - speculation is all we have at his time. So, connect the dots is what we do. And there are A LOT of dots popping up.

If they bring in the Express heavyweight guys, Freight will absolutely be overstaffed. Freight already has more than enough drivers. Even just a few coming from Express will be excessive. Especially if they only have intentions of using them in the city.

If they bring in the Express heavyweight guys, Freight will absolutely be overstaffed. Freight already has more than enough drivers. Even just a few coming from Express will be excessive. Especially if they only have intentions of using them in the city.

Correct in a bad freight recession market at that..

That’s why something’s got to give.. we must gain some ground lanes or something to make this better in anyway.. with express just losing that usps volume this sure is starting to get really really interesting :popcorn:

I don’t think they even know what they’re doing.. aren’t they still trying to figure out 2020?

Good luck to all, but this might be a ::shit:: show

Correct in a bad freight recession market at that..

That’s why something’s got to give.. we must gain some ground lanes or something to make this better in anyway.. with express just losing that usps volume this sure is starting to get really really interesting :popcorn:

I don’t think they even know what they’re doing.. aren’t they still trying to figure out 2020?

Good luck to all, but this might be a ::::shit:::: show
The usps contract won't affect much in the way of drivers. That stuff is tendered from the usps to a 3rd party, to a Fx plane, back to a 3rd party, and right back to the usps.

Very little is moved by express trucks.

Heard custom critical is merging with us
Totally
Heard that myself. Also going to merge every LtL that has a vowel as the 2nd letter in their name, unless their name starts with a vowel in which case the state that has more terminals will be divided into 3 sections, all getting 33.3% of Ground's road runs.
The remaining .1% will be ran by Palestinian street blockers.

Truth.

Preach! Just hope there's a buyout and it's better than merger with National...

Would you blame them. The main reason most high seniority city guys didn't come to the road was they didn't want to work nights. So we pay our dues for a decade. Then some city guy bumps you back to nights.
Sounds fair.... To every city guy that wants road money without the night work...

Seniority is a bitch until you have it.

Did I miss something where is ground in that family tree

Yep, you missed it. More likely they never told you.

The terms "Ground and Express" are gone Instead they refer to them as "Legacy Operating Companies".

Now it's just Federal Express corporation.

:smilie93c peelout:

Last edited:
Would you blame them. The main reason most high seniority city guys didn't come to the road was they didn't want to work nights. So we pay our dues for a decade. Then some city guy bumps you back to nights.
Sounds fair.... To every city guy that wants road money without the night work...
Permanent bids would solve that problem. No annual rebids means you cant lose it 😉

we will be told 3 months after it's in place or get our info from truckingboards like we always do, just sayin
Come to local 707 meeting and see how Kevin mccaffrey responds to questions about how he & recording Secretary Laura campione otb employee have violated the collective bargaining agreement, past practice & have abrogated otb cashiers ability to pick shifts based upon seniority. Suffolk county legislator Kevin mccaffrey knows no limits on self dealing with Nassau county Republican committee chair and otb president Joseph g Cairo. Let’s go joe ?!
EA709E94-A3C3-45E1-A706-3C12EE1A5245.md.jpeg