FedEx Freight | Changes coming in June?

I don't see how they can come to both, but nothing surprises me here. If it comes off a plane and they delivered it. So that's P&D to me, but it's FedEx. They do what they want employees be damned.

No one needs to complain, because you said you wanted to give them another chance. Personally I hope they offer a buyout if this is true because I'm gone, and that's exactly what FedEx wants.
no need for loyalty they don’t care

We bid three times for this last company bid. Got almost all the way through the board, and a driver announced he was leaving. So before the bid was even completed, we had a bump bid. Then they added a run, so we had to do a full rebid. They also deleted a run, but it's been running every day since the bid started, so we'll probably have a rebid for that pretty soon, too.

Seniority may be deep in some big markets, but even then, there's just not that many of those guys. I'd say for every 1 Express p&d driver, there's 50 Freight drivers.

I will say it will be interesting to see how they'd manage it. Very few of their guys are endorsed to pull doubles, let alone tanker qualified. FxF requires that you have both endorsements. Furthermore, it would be very interesting if they had the option to go to the road.
It’s not like it’s a big deal to go get a couple of endorsements…

How about this. You don't have the endorsements when this all goes down then you don't qualify. Noone should have to slide down for someone that has to wait to get endorsements.
They can just work the dock until they receive the endorsements.. it’s not like drivers aren’t already on the dock.. lol

What if excess capacity in our system is part of the utilization for the heavy shipments trucked for express or just package now? An how many miles can 700 pilots fly in a year, just a question.

Anyone in trucking knows that companies do not hold onto excess drivers. We are usually listed under equipment. The question about freight being contracted employees might not work because most of us are over 50 with our children grown.

How about this. You don't have the endorsements when this all goes down then you don't qualify. Noone should have to slide down for someone that has to wait to get endorsements.
When Preston Trucking shut down, 50 of us went to Yellow. Of course we were the bottom of the board. Nearly all of us worked thru the first winter pulling triples while senior guys who could not qualify for triples sat at home. A lot of unhappy drivers. Grievances were filed and lost. How do you claim work you cannot legally do?

Anyone in trucking knows that companies do not hold onto excess drivers. We are usually listed under equipment. The question about freight being contracted employees might not work because most of us are over 50 with our children grown.
Agreed. Fedex would never hold on to driver's this long not needing them unless they knew they would eventually.

They are calling and asking bid drivers if they want CC days in Nashville so extraboard can work.

Something up. Just no clue what.

Agreed. Fedex would never hold on to driver's this long not needing them unless they knew they would eventually.

They are calling and asking bid drivers if they want CC days in Nashville so extraboard can work.

Something up. Just no clue what.
And don’t forget Nas. At least out of clt, this has been happening for well over 15 months now..

That is a long time not needing drivers. We’ve gone through furloughs still needing cc’s. For some reason they said no more furloughs, and cc’s are still needed

Something seems to be up. I’m with you Nas

And don’t forget Nas. At least out of clt, this has been happening for well over 15 months now..

That is a long time not needing drivers. We’ve gone through furloughs still needing cc’s. For some reason they said no more furloughs, and cc’s are still needed

Something seems to be up. I’m with you Nas
Yup I remember a time years ago drivers would be sitting home not working, and we would try to take off so they could work. Management would say it's a occurrence unless you use time.

Now they are begging us to take off without pay so they can work.