XPO | Checking the “Pulse” of Employee Engagement

Merdock

Kool-aid-aholic
Credits
As a follow-up to the Voices survey, Con-way will conduct a short “pulse” survey in February 2010. The pulse survey is intended to provide a quick, high-level measure of our ongoing efforts to improve employee engagement.

PULSE 2010, which will be conducted Feb. 8 – 19, will be limited in the number of topics and questions presented and the number of employees who will be asked to complete it.

Anyone asked to have their pulse checked yet?

As a follow-up to the Voices survey, Con-way will conduct a short “pulse” survey in February 2010. The pulse survey is intended to provide a quick, high-level measure of our ongoing efforts to improve employee engagement.

PULSE 2010, which will be conducted Feb. 8 – 19, will be limited in the number of topics and questions presented and the number of employees who will be asked to complete it.

yes, everyone in our terminel filled one out...what a joke...but got paid for it so it is alll good

If I understand this correctly...not all employees will be completing the Pulse 2010 survey?

If this is the case then, who decides what employees will be chosen to complete the process?

Rat

If I understand this correctly...not all employees will be completing the Pulse 2010 survey?

If this is the case then, who decides what employees will be chosen to complete the process?

Rat

could be a very interesting to see who decides and who is chosen. i sure hope they pick me

What a bunch of bullshit. I don't know why people let a company do that. That is 100% harassment. No company has any right to profile a workers blood pressure, or survey any health condition of any employer. I would contact a lawyer, and threaten them with a lawsuit. Medical records and conditions of a person is private, and is protected by law. That is insane and absurd! What, the management want to become doctors now?

i don't know why people let a company do that. That is 100% harassment. Any company has no right to profile a workers blood pressure, or survey any health condition of any employer. I would contact a lawyer, and threaten them with a lawsuit. Medical records/conditions of someone is private, and is protected by law. That is insane and absurd! What, the management want to become doctors now?

aahhhh, hhuuuhhh?

I guess the data from the last survey was so negatively lopsided that it can't be trusted.

Our leaders know that something was obviously wrong with the questions so to get a more "accurate" reading of our pulse, the wording of the questions need to change. Like the last survey, this is probably John's ploy to demonstrate to the BOD how our moral impacts production so that The Corporation can again become driver oriented...........because John cares.

Too bad the president of such a large corporation has his hands tied 'cause just think of all of the good he could, and would do.

Was going to replie to this thread but... after the 16 car and the Go Daddy girl got taken out my pulse withered and got pickled with beer and jack :beerchug: So much for my pulse.

What a bunch of bullshit. I don't know why people let a company do that. That is 100% harassment. No company has any right to profile a workers blood pressure, or survey any health condition of any employer. I would contact a lawyer, and threaten them with a lawsuit. Medical records and conditions of a person is private, and is protected by law. That is insane and absurd! What, the management want to become doctors now?

I don't know about you but I had a choice and told them no................My personal well-being is only mine and my doctors concern.........and no one Else.....

I don't know about you but I had a choice and told them no................My personal well-being is only mine and my doctors concern.........and no one Else.....

Some day Con-way Management may use that against an invidual in an excuse of getting rid of someone also, but it still is harassment. It is all about total control, what people are allowing them to get away with. Con-way wants to test their power on how much control they do have over their employees. The ones that don't do the survey can be viewed as striking against company policy. Any survey provided by the company to an employee is company policy.

So be careful, they may consider a person who doesn't allow the company to survey them. They would, and can be considered a threat for the future services of Con-way. The ones that say no to the company are leaders that people may look up too some day. Con-way can't and will not allow that to take place. All the Yes's are in one pile, and the no's are in another pile. Another way and excuse for Con-way to discriminate against their own employees.

The individuals that allowed the survey to take place are like a little puppy sitting in a lap of the owner, and being pat down on the head. (Now be a good little puppy. Thats right, play nice. Ah, ah, ah, :nono:. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, little puppy. So cute little puppy :kiss2:, :kiss2:. Alright, go play now little puppy.) :puke: Yes, a company does and will keep doing that, as long as people keep allowing them to do it.

IMO, I believe who ever the people that came up with that ridiculous survey. They too should all have to spend a visit with Dr. Jelly Finger also. Have a thermometer shoved up his/her ***, and given them a pulse test too. To see if their job is too stressful to handle. What, only the employees and not the management get this survey? That would constitute as another form of discrimination. Wake up people this is America. What's the next survey, waterboarding?

if the company wanted to make changes and improve employee engagement how do you experts suggest they do it? Now I would recommend a company wide survey creating a benchmark as a starting point. From there some how you would need to check the progress of the implementation of improvements to judge the success of your intent to improve said engagement. Maybe an interim questionnaire targeting terminals that showed the lowest degree of engagement on the part of the employees. This could help steer the direction of efforts going into the fall of 2010 and the next company wide engagement questionnaire.

Nope... this could never happen... not filled with enough conspricism and cynicism. Maybe some of you haven't noticed, but the crowds have really thinned, out there (within these threads) in front of your soap boxes.

if the company wanted to make changes and improve employee engagement how do you experts suggest they do it? Now I would recommend a company wide survey creating a benchmark as a starting point. From there some how you would need to check the progress of the implementation of improvements to judge the success of your intent to improve said engagement. Maybe an interim questionnaire targeting terminals that showed the lowest degree of engagement on the part of the employees. This could help steer the direction of efforts going into the fall of 2010 and the next company wide engagement questionnaire.

Nope... this could never happen... not filled with enough conspricism and cynicism. Maybe some of you haven't noticed, but the crowds have really thinned, out there (within these threads) in front of your soap boxes.

Merdock...your point is valid.

But my question remains...who decides which employess will be invited to participate in the Pulse 2010 survey? As I understand it not everyone will be filling in the blanks on this.

In the Voices survey everyone participated...and I gather from the response of the company (VTT) all was not well.

A selective return to inquire about progress or lack thereof may work. As you say a 'benchmark' as a place to start.

If those invited are chosen at random by the company it will will work.

If those invited to participate are chosen by the SCMs then it will not. They will choose those employees they think will give them the most favorable review...and the entire exercise becomes unrealistic...no real evaulation.

Your thread was first I have heard of this...and it was supposed to be two weeks beginning on the 8th?

No mention of this at my terminal...not a peep from the SCM...so evidently I was not one of the chosen...and I know his review was terrible...and will continue to be so.

Keep us informed on the outcome...I am very interested to see how this plays out...

Rat

I guess the data from the last survey was so negatively lopsided that it can't be trusted.

Too bad the president of such a large corporation has his hands tied 'cause just think of all of the good he could, and would do.

Hands are tied?...How???...

During the reign of this current regime I have suffered more loss than I have at the hands of the previous.

All in the name of survivability...whilst continually maintaining the status quo...of micro-management...impersonal interaction with the workforce...and the never-ending willingness to terminate you at any time...for what ever situational reason that may justify it (or not) and simultaneously demanding absolute and unwavering dedication to the "Dream"...

Johnny hands are not tied by any means...he just wants you to think they are...

Rat

The reason a lot of us has stopped posting here is because we are tired and need sleep with all of this weather and getting home late. Another is that a lot of us are just plain outright tired of all of the bullshit and Kool-Aid. You can criticize us all you want for not trusting a bunch of College Yuppies that knows nothing about this business run this Company into the ground . They have blown so much smoke us our @ss we should all have colon cancer. You can say we have a bad attitude or what ever you want but I am not dumb enough to believe a word they say.
I am to the point that I come on here to try to stay informed other than what they tell us because they only tell what makes them look good. I hear local management say one thing and then then see others on here tell another story. That's why they hate the boards. They don't want us comparing notes.
If I were young again I would go elsewhere to work but I have too much time invested here. There are other trucking companies that I would rather have my time invested in than here because like I have said before on here , We are not still in business because of our great management personnel at the Palace , we are still in businnes depite them and what they have done.

The last survey resulted in NO substantive action; only some empathetic words about how poor our views are of Con-way leadership and that we need to fix that.

Don't know why you bring up that conspiratorial talk again but I can sure understand your reference to cynicism. It is spreading like a virus.

Perhaps you can tell us why and while you are at it, tell us who is responsible for this epidemic.​
The chiefs or the Indians?​

IMO, I believe who ever the people that came up with that ridiculous survey. They too should all have to spend a visit with Dr. Jelly Finger also. Have a thermometer shoved up his/her ***, and given them a pulse test too. To see if their job is too stressful to handle. What, only the employees and not the management get this survey? That would constitute as another form of discrimination. Wake up people this is America. What's the next survey, waterboarding?

Some day Con-way Management may use that against an invidual in an excuse of getting rid of someone also, but it still is harassment. It is all about total control, what people are allowing them to get away with. Con-way wants to test their power on how much control they do have over their employees. The ones that don't do the survey can be viewed as striking against company policy. Any survey provided by the company to an employee is company policy.

So be careful, they may consider a person who doesn't allow the company to survey them. They would, and can be considered a threat for the future services of Con-way. The ones that say no to the company are leaders that people may look up too some day. Con-way can't and will not allow that to take place. All the Yes's are in one pile, and the no's are in another pile. Another way and excuse for Con-way to discriminate against their own employees.

The individuals that allowed the survey to take place are like a little puppy sitting in a lap of the owner, and being pat down on the head. (Now be a good little puppy. Thats right, play nice. Ah, ah, ah, :nono:. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, little puppy. So cute little puppy :kiss2:, :kiss2:. Alright, go play now little puppy.) :puke: Yes, a company does and will keep doing that, as long as people keep allowing them to do it.

Time for you to stay in the union forums where you do better ... the "pulse" survey has nothing to do with our health ... they are having us do a survey on how we feel local management is doing ...

Our Service center took the new survey, and they just don't ask any good questions about pay or benefits.....its mostly concentrated on local management decisions and willing ness to work with you and stuff like that... more bs ♠

Just my opinion - but this stuff means nothing anyway. I do not expect my employer to look out for my personal well being first or care how I feel about them. I would prefer they just said we pay you well so deal with it - they pay me well so I just shut up and deal with it now.

I was probably one of the few drivers impacted by the cancellation of PTO days for the week - I was notified Friday morning that I was no longer off Friday night and I was pissed. Really pissed.

I cannot relate to you senior drivers who did indeed loose a lot in terms of compensation. I don't fully understand the impact of the cuts so I really can't be pissed about them. In a way, I think I would be pissed if I was a 15 year driver and a 6 year driver was complaining about the cuts I took - my feeling would be "how the hell do you know" so I stay out of that.

Bottom line - this is an easy top 10 job in an industry that just plain sucks. When my terminal closed, I looked around to make sure I had a back up plan if following the work didn't pan out and I never found one - I never found one because all the driving jobs suck. They want to pay mid .30's per mile and wanted you to think 2 days at home for 12 days out was a good deal. ::shit::, I did that for twice the amount of home time and more per mile 6 years ago - that would have to be my absolute last option before I even considered it.

I've watched close family loose over half of their income because of corporate cuts, OTR drivers are now getting charged to idle, and commercials advocating the theft of shampoo from hotels to save money.. The "keep the dream alive" stuff is crap to me but as long as Con-way continues to pay me well for all work performed, I'll keep my mouth shut because I chose to work in a ::shit:: industry that thinks your time does not need compensation. They pay me what I feel I'm owed and so long as that continues I'll work here and be an asset to the company and the other line-haul drivers I work with..

Kill me if you want, but this is a top 10 driving job - no doubt.