FedEx Freight | CIN filed a petition to the NLRB for a Union Vote

Just because one terminal votes it in would not cause the whole company to go union.
For a long time Reddaway was union in Or and non in Ca.
A single terminal would be in a very precarious position. Don't be surprised if the majority of, if not the entire region soon follows suit.

Here's a question for the Pro-Union crowd. I've scrolled through the concerns about the working conditions and had a thought. The leading answer seems to be " Job Security", as the reason to organize. My question is, What does that mean? Let's turn the tables and say You were in management. What do you feel the proper discipline is for an incident, a fatal accident, tearing off bumpers and ferrings, sexual harassment, or many of the other infractions that so many are accounted for? If your efforts succeed, do you feel these are serious things? If a driver is driving and texting and hits a car and kills a family, do you feel they should be held accountable? If you slip seat with another driver and every other day there's a different piece of the truck missing, do you feel they should be held accountable? I agree that with union representation you may be more protected to an extent, but permanent employment with any company is not a certainty. If you were an owner operator with a 3 or 4 trucks and 1 of your driver keeps tearing the truck up, would you keep them on? It's a only a few mistakes. God forbid your driver kills someone, because facebook was more important that keeping their eyes on the road, what do you do? Using the logic I've read on the previous 9 pages of this thread, Hey It's no big deal! He made a mistake. Keep truckin!. I will never say this company is perfect. It's far from it. Too many people hired in Supv that know nothing about driving, loading trailers, or communicating with people. Whether you decide to organize or not, those things will still be there. The same Supv and Managers, The company will still have the same policies, as ALL companies do. Do not be misled into thinking organizing suddenly creates an Utopian society where there are no company rules, and you cannot be held accountable for your actions. Ultimately, You still have drive safely, be courteous to customers to keep their business, not harass your co-workers, and you still have work as directed by management. If this what many of feel you want, then you need to do what you need to do. Just my 2 cents.

You MUST be related to Vice P. Joe Biden!! Are you that stupid, ignorant or just plain naive!! Seriously, there are WAY MORE serious issues involved that bring about the RAGE to finally and seriously go Union once and for all. You must be a RED SHIRT or a NEWBIE!!

Here's a question for the Pro-Union crowd. I've scrolled through the concerns about the working conditions and had a thought. The leading answer seems to be " Job Security", as the reason to organize. My question is, What does that mean? Let's turn the tables and say You were in management. What do you feel the proper discipline is for an incident, a fatal accident, tearing off bumpers and ferrings, sexual harassment, or many of the other infractions that so many are accounted for? If your efforts succeed, do you feel these are serious things? If a driver is driving and texting and hits a car and kills a family, do you feel they should be held accountable? If you slip seat with another driver and every other day there's a different piece of the truck missing, do you feel they should be held accountable? I agree that with union representation you may be more protected to an extent, but permanent employment with any company is not a certainty. If you were an owner operator with a 3 or 4 trucks and 1 of your driver keeps tearing the truck up, would you keep them on? It's a only a few mistakes. God forbid your driver kills someone, because facebook was more important that keeping their eyes on the road, what do you do? Using the logic I've read on the previous 9 pages of this thread, Hey It's no big deal! He made a mistake. Keep truckin!. I will never say this company is perfect. It's far from it. Too many people hired in Supv that know nothing about driving, loading trailers, or communicating with people. Whether you decide to organize or not, those things will still be there. The same Supv and Managers, The company will still have the same policies, as ALL companies do. Do not be misled into thinking organizing suddenly creates an Utopian society where there are no company rules, and you cannot be held accountable for your actions. Ultimately, You still have drive safely, be courteous to customers to keep their business, not harass your co-workers, and you still have work as directed by management. If this what many of feel you want, then you need to do what you need to do. Just my 2 cents.

You mentioned accidents which by the way not many drivers are against weeding out the unsafe ones. The problem is its beyond accidents. How would you like to be fired because you forgot to check a box on the intermec or your city break form a couple of times after busting your hump all day to meet numbers ? Unrealistic numbers to boot. Its happened ! This is just one of MANY minor infractions you can be fired over. Did you know you are not allowed to stay on co. property after your shift and chew the fat in the parking lot ? Back to accidents...I've seen drivers pull down cable tv lines and 6 months later drop a trailer in the yard and get fired. I've also seen a driver roll a set...yes the whole set less than a mile from the yard because he went too fast around a corner and he's still working. Where is the equity in that ? Are you telling me that mgmt. can be trusted to be fair ? Anyone with the most miniscule cognitive ability can see who is the most unsafe driver is in these 2 incidents.

Ok you stand shoulder to shoulder, fight the good fight and your terminal votes in the union. What happens next. Absolutely nothing, because you don't have a contract. The company will put you into limbo. The other nonunion terminals will get their scheduled raises. If you do get a contract and it contains a cause to make up the loss wages, your good to go. The company won't even consider negotiations until a majority vote is attained. Just my opinion. TP

Ok you stand shoulder to shoulder, fight the good fight and your terminal votes in the union. What happens next. Absolutely nothing, because you don't have a contract. The company will put you into limbo. The other nonunion terminals will get their scheduled raises. If you do get a contract and it contains a cause to make up the loss wages, your good to go. The company won't even consider negotiations until a majority vote is attained. Just my opinion. TP
If you think they are so great and don't need change why did you bail when offered the buy out? Do you think that only one terminal is doing this? You don't think that others will follow? Will it be easy hell no. Before you tell me about your great retirement just remember you got most of it from the company they bought.

That is a clear play of the fear card, TP. Still have to fight the fight. or be trampled by the mighty FedEx.

The more that do stand up, the more that will follow, and so on... Some will take the wait and see (fear?) approach. Same as with life in general. Who do you respect more? The Brave or the fearful?

I work at upsf our Indianapolis terminal was the first one to vote union then after that others followed, but a handful of terminals voted down the union for up to about 2 years after that. Over time it got down to three terminals in the system and they eventually got on board with everyone else and voted union in. Now when new terminals are built in areas we not in they will be non union starting out.

I work at upsf our Indianapolis terminal was the first one to vote union then after that others followed, but a handful of terminals voted down the union for up to about 2 years after that. Over time it got down to three terminals in the system and they eventually got on board with everyone else and voted union in. Now when new terminals are built in areas we not in they will be non union starting out.

Yes, I remember the terminals that stayed non union. It took a while but they soon learned that it was time to get on board with the rest of us. If those few terminals did not vote in the union, the company was going to run the freight around them.........:biglaugh:

So I guess you two guys think this is a hoax?
Mainstream media would not pick up a story of about 100 drivers out of thousands trying to organize.
The terminal at our barn acknowledge yesterday he was petitioned. We now wait to see if there will be hearing.

Mainstream media would not pick up a story of about 100 drivers out of thousands trying to organize.
The terminal at our barn acknowledge yesterday he was petitioned. We now wait to see if there will be hearing.

But a news story about one terminal out of hundreds would make you another Norma Ray , could be a movie deal . What I'm thinking.

Don't waste your time on these dudes Jeep Jerk... These are the same guys that wanted to see a card so they can go back and tell! To all of you that don't believe sit back grab your popcorn and enjoy the show... Oh yea stop being scared this is USA land of the free nothing wrong with making a stand for what you believe is right and wrong!