FedEx Freight | CIN filed a petition to the NLRB for a Union Vote

It is a job and a very good one don't ruin it for the few you brainwashed and have never been in a union or have even drove a truck before fedex freight invested the time and money to give them a job in this industry

Really ? We should be happy to put record profits in the pockets of people who would discard us like yesterday's newspaper ? Look at it this way. If half of mgnt called off all the freight would still get delivered and picked up. If 10% off drivers ,dockworkers , mechanics etc. called off it would be a catastrophe. When there is a problem with a delivery or smashed up freight or a late shipment the person with the purple shirt on IS FEDEX and the customer could care less who Fred Smith or your dispatcher is. I'm tired of being treated like the squeegee man at the end of the off ramp while they make record profits off of my back.

May not be the proper place,,, and I've probably said it before,, but I'm old and forgetfull... I personally know of a 20+ yr veteran of AF/fedex who never had so much as a scratched bumper, get fired for turning over his back pup in a bad snow storm... Then just a little while after that a young fedex guy turned the whole set over on dry road, good weather, and watched a couple video's , went right back to work like nothing ever happened... Tell me how that is right ????? The only thing we can figure is the older guy was AF,,, not a fedex robot.... hmmmm Don't get me wrong,,, I would still go out of my way to do a 'better than average' job for fedex IF they treated us like people,,, as a matter of fact I did recently,,, because the managment around here asked me too... They have so far treated me well,,, so I did them a favour.. I won't say what it was, but it took my time ,, and I didn't get paid for it... FEDEX, pull your head out... You are losing good people everyday... Sooner or later no matter how big your britches,, it will bite you if you don't change your ways....

May not be the proper place,,, and I've probably said it before,, but I'm old and forgetfull... I personally know of a 20+ yr veteran of AF/fedex who never had so much as a scratched bumper, get fired for turning over his back pup in a bad snow storm... Then just a little while after that a young fedex guy turned the whole set over on dry road, good weather, and watched a couple video's , went right back to work like nothing ever happened... Tell me how that is right ????? The only thing we can figure is the older guy was AF,,, not a fedex robot.... hmmmm Don't get me wrong,,, I would still go out of my way to do a 'better than average' job for fedex IF they treated us like people,,, as a matter of fact I did recently,,, because the managment around here asked me too... They have so far treated me well,,, so I did them a favour.. I won't say what it was, but it took my time ,, and I didn't get paid for it... FEDEX, pull your head out... You are losing good people everyday... Sooner or later no matter how big your britches,, it will bite you if you don't change your ways....

Oh crap diver, that's happened an a$$load of times since I've been here.

Above and beyond

I can tell you without a doubt, I have more to give on a daily basis. But, I won't do it. I give them a fair days work for a almost fair days wage. PERIOD! I have told my last three SCM's, that WE can make or break them. You can't get to where your boss wants you to be unless the driver is willing to go above and beyond. We get more of the same regardless of who sits in the SCM office. It comes from the top. I have been with the company for almost 12 years, and I do enjoy my job because it's what I wan to do. But, I could really make them look good if they only would appreciate it, and stop the harrassment....Until that day comes...they get only what I have to do to work here.

Same here I only do the bare minimum because of the issues I have with the company! ! I would be a whole different person if we were respected at our location like our neighboring centers pay wise!!!!

So many things are done the wrong way here at fedex that a union is needed.. Here are a few examples..

In my barn about 2months ago a redshirt told all driver during preshift that if we have deliveries on the truck but also have a early closing pickup, that he wants us to skip the deliveries we have on the truck go make the early closing pickup or pickups then come back to the deliveries..he said and I quote "I would take the hit on an economy return anyday over a missed pickup"..skip to this last Tuesday .. Someone followed what he was told and ended up bringing back 5 returns because of doing the early closing pickups..
Guess who got a write up?? Of course the driver did.. Terminal manager said it was the am yard time that caused him to bring all that stuff back not the pickups..

Another example someone made a lift gate delivery at a residence a few months ago..
When fedex called the homeowner to pay for the lift gate charge he told them he paid the driver in cash the amount for the charge as a tip. Which the driver denied.
I know this driver very well and was told by him that he did absolutely not take a tip.
Guess what happened without any kind of proof of guilt??
He was suspended for 3 days without pay and got a critical write up..
That's just two examples of how leadership does whatever they want anytime they feel like it without any kind of fairness.

There is enough back stabbing at work/////////////We have a right to vote any way we want.With this said.......PLAY NICE.....Good luck to all.

This is low class and premature. Great way to show your fellow workers you value their opinions. Right now is not the time to be petty, you should be focused on making sure your ducks are in a row. This will be a long battle and immature responses like this just divides the people you need to get what you want to accomplish. Leaders don't alienate the rank and file. This is the same treatment you're fighting against.
I tried to to copy this into my upper post.

We like photo copies of documents on TB.Any photo copies of this said petition to the nlrb about a union? Not a Fedex driver nor do I have any affiliation.

Why is everyone so hung up on seeing a copy?
It has happened. Tomorrow or Tuesday this will be out officially to the company.
Get behind the cause because chances are if you are a fedex freight employee this will be coming to a center near you.

Other Docs for other companies have been forwarded to the Mod's,and or Jeff.,for posting.
The contact number is posted on the home page here on TB.So when the docs come back I'm sure they will be posted,

I have received a letter of protection. I was going to forward it to tb how ever it is unclear if my scm has received his. If he hasn't I don't want to offer a free copy to the purple legal team. The petition will be public record in a short amount of time so be patient.
Further more anyone else looking to start organizing their barn PM and I will give you the info for the people you need to talk to.