FedEx Freight | City Fueling

The real reason as to why they keep pushing this stupid 30 minute rule is because I'm sure every center has a handful of kiss a** drivers that actually do it.. but at my center we have drivers that come in 30 min before their start time and they are walking down the dock to check their load and close the door.... once they then clock in they are out of the yard in 20 minutes. I see it EVERYDAY. It's sad

Very sad. The worst part is when they are somehow injured out on the dock working off the clock, (e.g. a forklift runs them over) they'll be fired immediately and their workmans comp claim will be denied.

I only fuel once a week as I do not share my tractor With road, but yes they tell us 30 minutes from the time you punch in to hit the exit gate.
If your freight is not ready you are to punch to “continued education” after your pre-trip and assist on the dock getting your freight unloaded like breaking down decks etc.
End of your shift they say once you hit the entrance gate you have 20 minutes to complete everything and punch out...30 minutes if you need to fuel.
Find a door, turn in your paperwork then secure your pallet jack, do your post trip and then park your tractor and get inside and immediately punch out.
if you share a road tractor and go over 50 miles on your city shift, they say top off the fuel.
When I say “they” I’m referencing management.
Remember Safety...I mean Numbers above all!

I only fuel once a week as I do not share my tractor With road, but yes they tell us 30 minutes from the time you punch in to hit the exit gate.

If your freight is not ready you are to punch to “continued education” after your pre-trip and assist on the dock getting your freight unloaded like breaking down decks etc.

End of your shift they say once you hit the entrance gate you have 20 minutes to complete everything and punch out...30 minutes if you need to fuel.
Find a door, turn in your paperwork then secure your pallet jack, do your post trip and then park your tractor and get inside and immediately punch out.
if you share a road tractor and go over 50 miles on your city shift, they say top off the fuel.
When I say “they” I’m referencing management.
Remember Safety...I mean Numbers above all!

Your local leadership is going WAY off the reservation, in terms of ACCOUNTING. Big lack of integrity. You don't clock to education and hit the dock. Ever... If fact, if you call the Alertline, one of the first questions they ask is if the call pertains to ACCOUNTING. That's a bigger deal than you might think.

The rest is just goals. Important goals, but NOT above all else. I'd recommend sending messages with the handheld every time you don't make goal, with a reason why. This to protect yourselves from leadership lacking in integrity.

Your local leadership is going WAY off the reservation, in terms of ACCOUNTING. Big lack of integrity. You don't clock to education and hit the dock. Ever... If fact, if you call the Alertline, one of the first questions they ask is if the call pertains to ACCOUNTING. That's a bigger deal than you might think.

The rest is just goals. Important goals, but NOT above all else. I'd recommend sending messages with the handheld every time you don't make goal, with a reason why. This to protect yourselves from leadership lacking in integrity.

Oh yeah I know what they are doing isn’t what they are supposed to be doing, my old barn got in trouble for doing the same exact thing.
It’s also like ALL returned freight is supposed to have a return tag...lol...unless it was refused, no return paperwork at all. they don’t want us filling out anything they just ”re-appoint” the delivery in the system to show we never even attempted or the freight never even went out of the terminal so they don’t take a hit.
It’s Ridiculous how management bends the rules to help themselves look good. They try and tell us it’s for all of us to look good, but the numbers are what matters to them and that’s it.

Oh yeah I know what they are doing isn’t what they are supposed to be doing, my old barn got in trouble for doing the same exact thing.
It’s also like ALL returned freight is supposed to have a return tag...lol...unless it was refused, no return paperwork at all. they don’t want us filling out anything they just ”re-appoint” the delivery in the system to show we never even attempted or the freight never even went out of the terminal so they don’t take a hit.
It’s Ridiculous how management bends the rules to help themselves look good. They try and tell us it’s for all of us to look good, but the numbers are what matters to them and that’s it.

Ahhh , it's a daily thing in my barn.

What a load. At least in my barn if we need to cover helping the dock we clock into Early Return to Duty.....

:)

Um, no. Even if we accidentally clock into Education during the Morning Rush, we have to explain ourselves. I will say our barn is run with honesty and integrity and always harps on safety.

Do we do somethings from time-to-time that may cut corners to accomplish the mission? Yes. But never if it compromises safety.

Just remember that hitting "the numbers" means your bonus will be larger.

I had 7 skids get refused once cuz the appointment was fake. They tried to get me to dump it at a interline carrier... but I made em eat that one.

I'm a city driver with no slip driver. We're given 33 minutes for preshift, paperwork, check/secure load, pallet jack, fuel,def, bathroom and 5 minute walk to/from trucks or halfway down a 288 dock terminal to get to loads.

maybe we should vote the union in. Im not talking about the Teamsters. Im talking about voting in AFL-CIO Union in. Unions were created to establish safe working environments. The way theses supervisors are pushing gate times. Theyre making it unsafe for us.

Can someone please explain fueling while in working city..... there are Rouge supervisors are trying to push this .......That if you fuel up in the city it falls under your 30 minute pretrip/post trip time....
I know thats not how it works and if it's posted here maybe it will educate some young skulls.....
If you try and tell them in person they run back and say he said this..he said that....

A "brownie" here, just in case you were curious: At upsf, they used to push us out the gate---i think it was 20 mins. Now, they don't seem to care much----unless it goes excessively beyond 30 mins. We just fuel at night when we come back. All of our road tractors are used during the day for P+D so the city driver that has that truck during the day USUALLY fills it up for the road drivers because:

1) we get paid more as we're on the clock, although they don't want us taking more than 30 mins after we get back to the yard, but it's still less a traffic jam than if we tried to all do it in the morning.

2) The "niteliner" (hub drivers) REALLY do need to get out of the gate within 30 mins of start time. Corporate IS very sticky about this. This is another thing that can save them some time. Alot of times the trailers are not quite ready to go, getting sealed up or the last few pallets getting loaded.

Has anyone ever gotten fired because of yard time?