XPO | cnw stock

Not that I understand it, that sure is a pretty chart. And I will surely look it over.

But insider trading has to do with selling and buying securities based on non-public info. Knowing that info is unfair as it removes the sport of speculation. The thread started with a chart detailing some compensation.

Somebody throws financial speak charts and graphs at me, they need 'splained. I'm not that bright.

Trust me when I tell you it ain't any different with teenage sons...they both work, and somehow I am being used as supplemental income...Better to let them think you don't know, they like you better that way...it jacks up their whole world when you spring it on them later..they get that dazed and confused look on their face because they were sure they had gotten away with it..like 2 golf balls staring back at you..

Yeah..I get that whole "deer in the headlights" response when I confront them...

Gotta do it once in awhile just to let them know I am not as clueless as they would like to think I am...

Plus its a lot of fun!!!

Rat :loser:

Those guys are just stirring the pot with all that buyout talk. I have been hearing that same old story forever it seems. What can I say about teenagers.....they keep you on your toes and broke.:biglaugh:

Yeah, but don't get too crazy, the market is just reacting to the news that we may have a stimulus bill...once everyone realizes it isn't going to work, the market will react to that also...

you hear about all the crazy stuff going on in california box?

the world's 8th (formerly 5th) largest economy is going (or is) bankrupt, they sent me an IOU for my state tax refund, and their making state workers take mandatory unpaid days off.

All this after the fact that we pay the most income tax, gas tax and all other taxes in the nation

i hope mr obama thinks about the golden state when he writes his stimulus

the world's 8th (formerly 5th) largest economy is going (or is) bankrupt, they sent me an IOU for my state tax refund, and their making state workers take mandatory unpaid days off.

:biglaugh:, yeah heard about this one. I wonder if they accept IOU's from the people who have to pay into the state this year too.
:hysterical::hysterical:

you hear about all the crazy stuff going on in california box?

All this after the fact that we pay the most income tax, gas tax and all other taxes in the nation

i hope mr obama thinks about the golden state when he writes his stimulus

Surely an IOU from any GOVERNMENT or COMPANY
will be accepted as payment if it is submitted
by an indivual to any creditor.

Just4Thought

Surely an IOU from any GOVERNMENT or COMPANY
will be accepted as payment if it submitted by
an indivual to any creditor.

Just4Thought

I was just going to say to YCT that you may want to attempt to deposit the IOU, many banks have said they will honor it...

To the Milkwagon: Don't count on it...that is a one way street..

Back to YCT: We also have the highest unemployment rate in the nation, the highest foreclosure rate in the nation, and alot less people buying gas...

I am in a lively discussion about that right now on the debate forum....if people don't work they don't spend, we are hosed...

Well, if people don't work, they don't pay taxes, when they foreclose, they don't pay property taxes...when they don't work, they don't buy gas to go there...

Bottom line, no revenue, no money...

I was just going to say to YCT that you may want to attempt to deposit the IOU, many banks have said they will honor it...

To the Milkwagon: Don't count on it...that is a one way street..

Back to YCT: We also have the highest unemployment rate in the nation, the highest foreclosure rate in the nation, and alot less people buying gas...

I am in a lively discussion about that right now on the debate forum....if people don't work they don't spend, we are hosed...

Well, if people don't work, they don't pay taxes, when they foreclose, they don't pay property taxes...when they don't work, they don't buy gas to go there...

Bottom line, no revenue, no money...

Well here's hoping those that try to use
those IOU's as payments don't find , intrest ,
late penalties , other fees incurred , until
such time as the IOU's are redeemable and
funds are recieved .

Just4Thought

Well here's hoping those that try to use
those IOU's as payments don't find , intrest ,
late penalties , other fees incurred , until
such time as the IOU's are redeemable and
funds are recieved .

Just4Thought

Interest will be paid after 5/30....they give themselves a big old cushion to work with...

Yeah, but don't get too crazy, the market is just reacting to the news that we may have a stimulus bill...once everyone realizes it isn't going to work, the market will react to that also...

I am reminded of one of the Lilliputians in Gulliver's Travels. He spoke in a low, slow, and mono-tonal voice while always playing the part of the community pessimist.

I believe he had but one line that he repeated several times;

"It'll never work. - We're all doomed."​

Perhaps this comparison chart may be of intrest
to some that think CNW has such great leadership
and insight of the future .

It would appear that the stockholders seem to have a little less confidence .

Just4Thought

CNW: Basic Chart for CON-WAY INC - Yahoo! Finance

To be fair (and I know you will), please post the charts for the remaining publicly traded companies in our industry...But, I could be wrong, maybe it is just our stock that is diseased, caused by poor leadership...certainly wouldn't be the case at UPS, YRC, FedEx, ODFL, ABFS and the like...They are probably just victims of CNW's poor leadership, which has somehow managed to pull the whole industry down with them...