XPO | cnw stock

To be fair (and I know you will), please post the charts for the remaining publicly traded companies in our industry...But, I could be wrong, maybe it is just our stock that is diseased, caused by poor leadership...certainly wouldn't be the case at UPS, YRC, FedEx, ODFL, ABFS and the like...They are probably just victims of CNW's poor leadership, which has somehow managed to pull the whole industry down with them...

Unless the link did not still work properly ,
I posted the comparison for CNW and ODFL .
Both of which , I believe are the only 2 of the
above mentioned that are even similar in that
they are not , related to a package company ,
air componants , labor contracts , ect .

Yes , we all understand that most stock prices
are now down .

The point is that leadership decisions , past , presasnt , and future determine the faith ,
trust , confidence , ect . , of the employees ,
customers , stock and bond holders , and other
creditors .

Just4Thought

ODFL

no overtime pay
lower pay scale
insurance is less comprehensive and more expensive
401 k match close to conway? nope
$1 billion dollar pension account - nope

give them that and see how they look to wall street.

ODFL

no overtime pay
lower pay scale
insurance is less comprehensive and more expensive
401 k match close to conway? nope
$1 billion dollar pension account - nope

give them that and see how they look to wall street.
:hide:
Yeah, but they are from North Carolina and we are from Ann Arbor Michigan. Your post is correct, I am being sarcastic!:smilie_132:

come on guys they are not getting a pay raise this year, so they got 1/2 million dollar bonus(multiply their shares by about 19.00) and we all got a 50.00 bonus. that sounds fair they are hurting financially just like us.

come on guys they are not getting a pay raise this year, so they got 1/2 million dollar bonus(multiply their shares by about 19.00) and we all got a 50.00 bonus. that sounds fair they are hurting financially just like us.
:hide:
I, for one, do not either want, or expect a pay raise this year. Keep the company going, that is all I ask.:smilie_132:

Would it appear as if the government , company ,
market , stockholders , and employees of CNW are
all indicating and showing confidence ?

CNW: Summary for CON-WAY INC - Yahoo! Finance

Just4Thought

Once again, as I am sure the rest of the publicly traded transportation companies propered today...Oh, that's right, CNW is immune to market trends, and their decline today was due solely to more poor management decisions...all the other companies who had similar drops in their stock today were for "other reasons"...

Once again, as I am sure the rest of the publicly traded transportation companies propered today...Oh, that's right, CNW is immune to market trends, and their decline today was due solely to more poor management decisions...all the other companies who had similar drops in their stock today were for "other reasons"...

There are many other factors , indicators ,
statistics , ect. , in ANY companies daily ,
yearly , history , stock charts OTHER than
price per share .

Whether it be governments , companies , or
individuals , past , present , and future
decisions determine their success , trust , and confidence of others .

Even in todays market , there still are companies
that are VERY profitable , and some even yet are
posting RECORD profits .

Just4Thought

Con-way Inc. (Public, NYSE:CNW)
Ouch! That's a painful low. I really don't believe I have ever seen it this low.
Transportation Industry is taking a beating. I think we all got handed our butts today.
I've never seen the price that low. It was hanging around $18 after the tech bust around 2001. It sure would be nice to know if the price was going to go back to $50. I wouldn't mind buying a few hundred shares. UPS and FDX also.

:hide: Box, I know you are being sarcastic. ALL of the transportation companys are in upheavel, along with most other companys.
I am going to suck it up here.....I believe that Con-Way is doing what they consider to be the best moves to keep us viable for the long term. It does hurt at times, but hopefully, most of us will be working when the bottom is finally hit.
Our stock sucks. I watch 2 other companys stock rather closely because I have personal interest in them. YRC'S stock sucks, EBAY'S sucks!
We are not immune.
I am a P&D driver, almost everywhere I go, they are lay off:smilie_132: people, or converting to a 32 hour work week, or both.
This is truly the worst economically trying times that anybody, with the exception of our parents, have lived through!

:hide: Box, I know you are being sarcastic. ALL of the transportation companys are in upheavel, along with most other companys.
I am going to suck it up here.....I believe that Con-Way is doing what they consider to be the best moves to keep us viable for the long term. It does hurt at times, but hopefully, most of us will be working when the bottom is finally hit.
Our stock sucks. I watch 2 other companys stock rather closely because I have personal interest in them. YRC'S stock sucks, EBAY'S sucks!
We are not immune.
I am a P&D driver, almost everywhere I go, they are lay off:smilie_132: people, or converting to a 32 hour work week, or both.
This is truly the worst economically trying times that anybody, with the exception of our parents, have lived through!

The above post would suggest that this poster
does NOT have any ALLOCATIONS in the available
CNW 401k options involving any mutual funds of
which contain many stocks .

Just4Thought

There are many other factors , indicators ,
statistics , ect. , in ANY companies daily ,
yearly , history , stock charts OTHER than
price per share .

Whether it be governments , companies , or
individuals , past , present , and future
decisions determine their success , trust , and confidence of others .

Even in todays market , there still are companies
that are VERY profitable , and some even yet are
posting RECORD profits .

Just4Thought

You are correct...!!! But none of them happen to be publicly traded LTL companies...or Privately owned for that matter...

I say if I was a oil barron[saudi arabia or dubai_you know the ones that build zillion dollar islands!! shaped like palm trees viewed well from outer space],its time to buy up the good old u.s. of a.We should of taken the oil from iraq..we are all doomed

After all this stuff shakes out from all the executive BS throughout corporate America I'm afraid we are going to find out the United States is owned by the Saudis and Chinese. Inflation from the blank check our government thinks they have and a weak dollar are going to add up to more than anyone in our government will admit. It's bad out there and getting worse daily and in my opinion we ain't seen nothin' yet. Big time economist types are saying this downturn will last several years yet our government keeps saying its about to turn around...I don't think so. We have taken a beating and it isn't over yet. Hang on and keep playing defense.