Yellow | Common sense

Just ask yourself one question about these pups.... Are they going to be making you punch out to hook or drop-out these pups, or will you still be on the clock?

If it takes a little longer, then it just take a little longer. Much like the question that came with the safety vests that they are cramming up our butts..... Who can argue against safety? Who wouldn't want you to be safe?
I ask myself "Am I gonna have to do more stuff? Am I gonna have to learn more stuff? Am I gonna have more responsibility than I already have? Is there more risk to myself or others? Am I gonna get home later than this job already takes?
Is there more to think about and pay attention to?

The answer is Yes.

Is it really gonna compensate for any of that?
The answer is No.

Does it take our numbers down and leave guys sitting home? Yes....probably every 18-20 set leaves one guy sit if you used 53's. More if you used 45's.. And other departments having to do with these doubles will get the money.
Is it gonna keep the company from coming back to ask for more...absolutely not.

My brain is full as it needs to be. Sick of putting more in it for others to rip us off and get rich.

We had a simple job and made money and the company made money and the customers were happy.
And we are being told to go with the system which does the opposite.
It makes no sense.

Just another thing to give so they can take more. And feel.more comfortable doing it.

Just ask yourself one question about these pups.... Are they going to be making you punch out to hook or drop-out these pups, or will you still be on the clock?

If it takes a little longer, then it just take a little longer. Much like the question that came with the safety vests that they are cramming up our butts..... Who can argue against safety? Who wouldn't want you to be safe?

I'm city. Can go road or utility if I choose.
Single board.

Guys say city will rarely touch them.
I say BS to that.
Been working long enough to know that if a manager can send you out with 2 which give 56 ft of room vs 45 ft of room to make pickups and deliveries.
They're gonna use them.
Maybe not tomorrow.
Maybe not in 6 months.
But eventually they'll send a couple. And then a couple more until almost everybody is doing it all the time.

Great for a 20 years old.
Not great for most of us.
As soon as you give once. They're gonna be back for more. And more. And more.
Our days are long enough and time is no concern to them. Punch in and they own ya for 14 if they want. I don't need the extra. Nor the agrivation of constant bombardments if new stuff and toys to make it any longer.
It won't make me feel more professional. It'll make me feel like a moron for doing it.

From 45ft behind me to 60 ft behind me. For what?

Thinking mass exodus of senior guys at new penn they are refusing doubles in Maybrook now .The ten idiots who piled out of the clown car and walked into yellow hg are as stupid as dems in Washington no clue
Heard rumor that one velocity terminal was forcing 12 hours on dock guys constantly. And wouldn't allow lunch until after 7 or 8 hours.
Union notified. Nothing done. Seems somebody agrees with the company and somebody else said they might close the terminal if they don't comply.
I guess that will make them really care not to close the place??? Best job ya ever had and your lucky ya have a job I guess.
And they have UE drive 3 hours to there with an empty just to work the dock because the dock guys quit or don't want to stay....and they send them same UE guys back empty.
They drive 3 hours empty. Work dock and drive home 3 hours empty.

Making any sense?

We do this so road drivers become numb to their job. Their won't be many to complain when they bring in the automated trucks to replace.
There will be little to no opposition.

How long are pension plans predicted to last if road drivers are replaced by automation?

Last edited:
if my contact says i go to lunch at 5th or 6th hour ..that's when i'm going
They must be threatening them.
If your union reps are saying do it.....they have a problem.
"They're gonna close the place if ya don't".
Just the rumor I heard. Could be more factors, no doubt.

Come on!
Stop all your theories and stupidities!:regretful:
Everyone in here is a grown adult, any single person will take a decision of his own, based on how is affected. Majority have a family and has to provide food and a roof, sadly some others have a love one with a sickness or health issue.
Do you think a driver will quit just because now have to drive a set of pups?
Do you think a driver will care if the trailer is 6 inches wider, if a 53' has a swing doors?
Do you think a driver will quit because have to do a different routine?
A senior driver just have more options to take, that's it!
Yellow Freight is not forcing you to do more, just to do your work in a different way with a combination of different sizes of equipment. How hard is that?
Be a real union person and encourage to be one, stop your negativity, no all changes are bad, sometimes is test to see how a man is made of.
If you are a real man, make changes to change your life.
:poke:
Thank You. I did 31 years,7 freight companies and always bottom guy which was fine.Nothing better then a check with maybe 4 hours o/t to buy a steak for Sunday Dinner that month. May be the Marines motto helped, just do it even if hurts,but keep it to yourself.

I was questioned several times over the years at Big R and later YRC Freight, why it took me so long to D&H pups. After I pointed out that it would cost them THOUSANDS of dollars if I got hurt, they didn't like it. But they did STFU.

I was questioned several times over the years at Big R and later YRC Freight, why it took me so long to D&H pups. After I pointed out that it would cost them THOUSANDS of dollars if I got hurt, they didn't like it. But they did STFU.
i didnt mean to get hurt for for yellow,just a beat up body after all the floor loads

Didn’t you get your training through the Big Buck Chuck Training Academy so you knew the proper way to hook sets without getting hurt?