XPO | Company vehicle idling!

SickandTired

TB Lurker
Credits
Did anyone else notice the regional safety supervisor sitting in his company car in XCW? He was sitting in his company car at the entrance to XCW (with his engine running) trying to catch drivers not wearing their seat belts. He was there for about an hour with the engine idling. Maybe Im wrong, but isnt this against company policy. It looks like another case of double standards, management not having to abide by the rules they enforce on us. He's wasting fuel and he's hurting the environment. Im sure if he caught one of us idling a company truck, he would write us up in a heart beat.

Well, he doesn't have the benefit of auto shut-off in his car.

Must be an oversight.

When there is a class line drawn and those that have, feel deserving, there's is not to lead by example.

When you see a law enforcement vehicle sitting on the side of the road in a state with anti-idling laws and it is cold or hot outside, do you think the engine is off?

Is it just me, or is this post from Bankrupt unintellagible? Did he mean theirs?

It was indeed unintelligible.

Thank you for pointing that out.

Now check your spelling.....if you wish.

What?

When you see a law enforcement vehicle sitting on the side of the road in a state with anti-idling laws and it is cold or hot outside, do you think the engine is off?

What does that have to do with what I posted. I thought I was talking about Conway policies. Its amazing how quick some drivers can get off topic so quick.

Spell check

Is it just me, or is this post from Bankrupt unintellagible? Did he mean theirs?

We now have a spell checker on here? Your gonna be real busy on here if your going to check everyones spelling. I understood what he typed. Please stay on topic.

Those that make the rules are above them. Just ask them. Last winter our TM left his company car running outside the drivers entrance for some reason. It was very cold out and had the heater running on high. Well....somebody reached in and turned on the AC !! Thats funny right there,I dont care who ya are.

Those that make the rules are above them. Just ask them. Last winter our TM left his company car running outside the drivers entrance for some reason. It was very cold out and had the heater running on high. Well....somebody reached in and turned on the AC !! Thats funny right there,I dont care who ya are.
Aren't DSR's getting LOI's for idling their equipment?

Aren't DSR's getting LOI's for idling their equipment?

Bankrupt :nono:

No need to be meddling in Management's business. Maybe if you were in management you could lead by example. However, you're not, so suck it up buttercup... or apply for a management spot.

:smilie_132:

No need to be meddling in Management's business. Maybe if you were in management you could lead by example. However, you're not, so suck it up buttercup... or apply for a management spot.

My problem is that I continue to forget my place in this hierarchy and question authority?

I dont like it......

But this buttercup has learned to suck it up. I know its the way it is. Management does what management wants to do. I just wanted to point out the double standards that goes on daily with this company.

OK. I sat here and stared at your post for two minutes and tried to not do that anymore...and failed.

I would issue a letter of instruction then. After you write it and mail it from a different town than you reside in, you'll be able to sleep better. Trust me I auditioned to be a Dr. in a commercial one time.

nosey trkrs

Who Cares!!! jst do your job and let others do what they need to do...... this is whats wrong with the company 2day other people more concerned with or shall i go out on a limb and say TOOOO NOOOSEYYY!:clap::clap::smilie_132:

I would issue a letter of instruction then. After you write it and mail it from a different town than you reside in, you'll be able to sleep better. Trust me I auditioned to be a Dr. in a commercial one time.

I follow instruction well. Wait by your mailbox and I will progressive load said letter to prevent multiple handling and for best cube results. In addition, dunnage requirements will be met and exceeded.

Saftey being our number one Core Value, I will don PSE including my steel toed boots, gloves, safety glasses, and a company issued back belt.

Afterward, I will accurately complete my log book, the truck's 8300 equipment condition report, and other assorted company driven requirements. With integrity being touted as an important Core Value for it's drivers, I will perform these latter duties off the clock and with uncompromisable honesty.

Who Cares!!! jst do your job and let others do what they need to do...... this is whats wrong with the company 2day other people more concerned with or shall i go out on a limb and say TOOOO NOOOSEYYY!:clap::clap::smilie_132:

I wish it were as simple as that.

Imagine a world where nobody second guessed or questioned authority.