XPO | Company vehicle idling!

Who Cares!!! jst do your job and let others do what they need to do...... this is whats wrong with the company 2day other people more concerned with or shall i go out on a limb and say TOOOO NOOOSEYYY!:clap::clap::smilie_132:

OR...How effective is the Do as I say and not as I do leadership mentality.

My parents both exemplified this concerning cigarette smoking. They told me not to and that it was unhealthy. They smoked anyways, so I smoked. Not saying I was justified or coerced in my choice to smoke, only that I followed the leader. Describing this relationship with my parents is only to demonstrate just how fundamental this elementary concept is.

Bankrupt did not misspell the word in question, he used the wrong word.

You know, you're not helping in my sometimes fruitless quest to fool people into thinking that I'm smart and well thought out.

Just noticed your location. I like that. When the universe takes the temperature of the earth, they stick the rectal thermometer in Macon Georgia.

Just noticed your location. I like that. When the universe takes the temperature of the earth, they stick the rectal thermometer in Macon Georgia.

Some of the other numerous posts here might
possibly idicate who is at the head of the line
bent over to volunteer for that sample in the Macon , Ga. greater area .

Just4Thought

Who Cares!!! jst do your job and let others do what they need to do...... this is whats wrong with the company 2day other people more concerned with or shall i go out on a limb and say TOOOO NOOOSEYYY!:clap:

:hide: A large number of us did our jobs and let management do theirs for over 20 years. We believed what they told us concerning our bright future right through our golden years if we served Con-Way faithfully and to the best of our ability.
Fast forward 20 years: Never mind: if you weren't here that long, you can never understand why we question upper management so much! :smilie_132:

Who Cares!!! jst do your job and let others do what they need to do...... this is whats wrong with the company 2day other people more concerned with or shall i go out on a limb and say TOOOO NOOOSEYYY!
:hide: A large number of us did our jobs and let management do theirs for over 20 years. We believed what they told us concerning our bright future right through our golden years if we served Con-Way faithfully and to the best of our ability.
Fast forward 20 years: Never mind: if you weren't here that long, you can never understand why we question upper management so much! :smilie_132:

:hide: Go ahead, ask me! :smilie_132:

But this buttercup has learned to suck it up. I know its the way it is. Management does what management wants to do. I just wanted to point out the double standards that goes on daily with this company.

And this surprises you...?

There isn't a company anywhere that doesn't commit the same sin. Its one-up-manship in its purest form. Its a parent/child relationship. Parent tells the child what to or not to do and the parent does the exact opposite. Its the "I know better" philosophy.

Rat
:smilie_132:

OK...you've had the opportunity to work for (work hard for) a company for 20 years. The company provided pretty good wages and benefits for those 20 years. If you have been at all financially responsible, you should be sitting pretty well.

I will be greatful if I can spend 20 years with a stable company. I doubt if my children will even dream of that possibility.

OK...you've had the opportunity to work for (work hard for) a company for 20 years. The company provided pretty good wages and benefits for those 20 years. If you have been at all financially responsible, you should be sitting pretty well.

I will be greatful if I can spend 20 years with a stable company. I doubt if my children will even dream of that possibility.

Your kidding..right? 20 years of raising children,house payments,car payments, food,gas,power,ect.ect. With all that left over money i should be sitting pretty well? If we still had the retirement package they told me about 20 years ago we probley would be sitting pretty well. Did you PM av8tor so you could send your big ICP check?

Your kidding..right? 20 years of raising children,house payments,car payments, food,gas,power,ect.ect. With all that left over money i should be sitting pretty well? If we still had the retirement package they told me about 20 years ago we probley would be sitting pretty well. Did you PM av8tor so you could send your big ICP check?

I picked Conway because of their compensatory package (not "benefits").

I picked Conway because of their compensatory package (not "benefits").
:hide: Same here. I could have started for 3-4 $ per hour more elsewhere, but the total compensation package swayed me. Memories are great!!
Another reason I went with Con-Way: before I signed on, I talked with city drivers from several larger LTL carriers. Almost all of them said they worked 50-60 hours in a five day week. All of the Con-Way drivers said they worked 40-45. This is the place for me! Alas: I did work 40-45 per week for about 20 years, (minus a few on l/h), now that I am getting older and my body is pretty beat up, they are working me 50-60 hours per week for the past couple of years!
I know some of the young bucks are going to say, retire you old fart!
With the "enhancement" of a frozen pension, and 401ks in the tubes, I will stay here for a few more years. Hopefully, my very meager pension and my "economically stimulated 401k" will provide me with milk money.:smilie_132:

:hide: Well said OT50! Through the years, so much has happened, good, bad, and ugly. You, like me, did, and still plan for the future. Our company PROMISED us a pretty darn good pension. As we neared retirement age, the pension was frozen. We will get about 1/4th of the PROMISED amount! BUT WAIT! THERES MORE! We will contribute X% more into your 401k! Great!
Only one small problem. Through no fault of Con-Way, (the whole world is in a reccesion/almost depression) my 401k is down around 25%, and that includes my contribution, and their generious contribution.
I think that I would prefer the FIXED $ amount that we were PROMISED! and whatever I would get from the 401k.
We have paid our dues, and taken the corporate shaft in the end!
I sure hope the upper eschellion enjoy their THOUSANDS of shares of Con-Way stock they recently got, while we got $145.00 ICP!
I will put a stop to my rant! Be nice to me, I may load your peddle tommorow :smilie_132:

:hide: Well said OT50! Through the years, so much has happened, good, bad, and ugly. You, like me, did, and still plan for the future. Our company PROMISED us a pretty darn good pension. As we neared retirement age, the pension was frozen. We will get about 1/4th of the PROMISED amount! BUT WAIT! THERES MORE! We will contribute X% more into your 401k! Great!
Only one small problem. Through no fault of Con-Way, (the whole world is in a reccesion/almost depression) my 401k is down around 25%, and that includes my contribution, and their generious contribution.
I think that I would prefer the FIXED $ amount that we were PROMISED! and whatever I would get from the 401k.
We have paid our dues, and taken the corporate shaft in the end!
I sure hope the upper eschellion enjoy their THOUSANDS of shares of Con-Way stock they recently got, while we got $145.00 ICP!
I will put a stop to my rant! Be nice to me, I may load your peddle tommorow :smilie_132:

I echo all you've said here! When they "froze" our pension, many thought it was great. The arguments here at Truckingboards.com were heated and emotional. Where are all of those trusting souls today? Love to hear from ya......