ODFL | Computers

When I started training in the beginning of November the BLU's were not functional, one week later me and the trainer were trained on them together and it was pretty self explanatory for me, I'm a fan of technology, while on the other hand my trainer was struggling a bit. He was very apprehensive to the idea of having the computers monitoring everything you do and where you are at first and hated the idea of them. But we worked it out and after one week using them he was actually pleased with how efficient it made us. I do agree though it made things a little confusing when we had to log as teams when training.

The only problem Ive been having is that its been almost 2 months and I'm still not certified yet because my TM keeps telling me that I keep missing random pre/inter/post trips. I know I am very diligent in doing them, two other guys are having the same problem as well, we feel it is a problem with the system itself. but I have resorted to doing multiple pre/inter/post trips in the computer each day. In addition to just typing "OK" I am also typing the date right after to verify that I am doing them. Its been 6 straight days so far and seems to be working fine, we will see I guess.

Also if your on P&D you need to type in each trailer number for spot picks and do an inter trip on that trailer and log as "OFF DUTY" for your half hour lunch.

I've gotten some conflicting info about this but for the sake of simplicity every time I stop I do a Inter trip inspection. long redlights/traffic delays don't count :) now as far a getting off the paper logs completely just make sure that you make a notation on your paper log whenever you stop because the BLU will automatically switch you from driving to on-duty after you stop for a few minutes. and thats a status change so therefor make a note on your paper log. you don't have to log the time when it's a 5 min stop unless it's 10 or 15mins.. just draw a line around the time and put PTI and location.

FYI, If you do have a computer in your tractor and it is on but you are not allowed to turn it on because your barn isn't certified yet, it still will record everything that you do.

well, florida seems to have caught up JAX was 2 weeks ago and ORL was last week. day 5 has passed and all is well

well, florida seems to have caught up JAX was 2 weeks ago and ORL was last week. day 5 has passed and all is well
Hi DMT!for P/D work other than logging in/out and inputting equipment numbers not much expected of you.

no big deal just noting the time between your term and mine going online. they are easy . i did get to see the tracking function tonight in dispatch . dispatcher put in a p&d unit number and showed were it was as well as spotting another passing by on the interstate. again no big deal but neat to see what is possible.